Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CoinByCall.com - Get paid in BTC for listening radio over the phone - page 5. (Read 65316 times)

Activity: 455
Merit: 250
Problem fixed. Thanks for your patience.
There are currently some technical problems. Website and numbers down. We're trying to fix it, please be patient.
0.1 LTC transaction fee? Isn't this a bit high?

Yep, but we're just passing on the fee that litecoind charges us. Someone on Facebook posted a link on how to fix this apparently (https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/issues/211#) but didn't have time yet to look into it.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
0.1 LTC transaction fee? Isn't this a bit high?
New country added: Hungary.

Canada payout increased!
Canada is not reachable from many providers.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024
I've been using coinbycall for years and I just saw this thread today lol. I've given up calling in this site to earn bitcoins ever since it lowers the rewards. I think the time I spend is not worth enough the bitcoins I get.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
Does the Canada number work for you? I keep getting a number is disconnected error Sad
Yeah, I'm getting the same error too. Says for me to call my operator for further assistance.
legendary
Activity: 1008
New country added: Canada.

Just wondering if there is still any hope for Canada? I think I asked that a few months ago too.  Smiley
No, sorry.
Finally! I see that the request that I made a year and a half ago finally got through. Wink

Does the Canada number work for you? I keep getting a number is disconnected error Sad
Activity: 980
www.DonateMedia.org

Just wondering if there is still any hope for Canada? I think I asked that a few months ago too.  Smiley
No, sorry.
Finally! I see that the request that I made a year and a half ago finally got through. Wink
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
@CoinByCall : No matter through what way the attacker got the passwords, you are saving them in clear text (or crypted), so that your system (and an attacker, too) can decrypt the user's password.
This is now the third time I write this statement - the first time I wrote this was actually before all those attacks and if you had listened to what I said, you could have prevented the hacker from getting all user's passwords ...

The database was never compromised. The attacker gathered the passwords through another way.
Activity: 13
@CoinByCall:

Sorry if this now sounds a little bit rude, but when will you finally stop saving the user's passwords in clear text??

Your site now got hacked three times (or maybe more and you didn't even notice?) and you still save the user's password in clear text, making it very easy for hackers to compromise the user's accounts on other web pages when they use the same password there.

Can it be so difficult to just implement a simple sha256 hash for storing the password?
This is now the third time I write this statement - the first time I wrote this was actually before all those attacks and if you had listened to what I said, you could have prevented the hacker from getting all user's passwords ...

Leseratte
legendary
Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003
German numbers: If you were experiencing "Invalid, hanging up" when calling our German numbers in the last couple of weeks: This problem has now been resolved.

Thanks! Great work!
German numbers: If you were experiencing "Invalid, hanging up" when calling our German numbers in the last couple of weeks: This problem has now been resolved.
Activity: 7
My provider blocked all numbers except the german ones. German numbers are still working.
If I call to finnish or other numbers I will hear "the number you have dialed is not in service" since my provider blocked these numbers.

I can only repeat my suggestion for changing numbers, since many providers already blocked most of the actual ones.
But coinbycall does not seem to listen or at least does not care.
Activity: 7
Great. Hope this is will prevent further successful attacks.

What about the payout for german numbers? Why is it that low?
All other numbers are blacklisted by my provider.
It would be great if you could change numbers for netherlands, finland and so on or raise the payout for calling to germany a bit.
Any site can get hacked, but some sites become targets and it seems yours is one since this is not the first time something like this happens. I suggest truly resolving the issue or it will just creep back in a month or two.

Yes, the security hole was closed.
Activity: 910
Any site can get hacked, but some sites become targets and it seems yours is one since this is not the first time something like this happens. I suggest truly resolving the issue or it will just creep back in a month or two.
Pages:
Jump to: