Author

Topic: [ANN] CRAVE 1st POS Masternodes | Dark Assets | I2P | Market =Embrace The Dark= - page 164. (Read 826716 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

As many masternodes will be created as profitable. Unlike Dash this coin has staking so at a certain number of masternodes running you get more crave per day by staking your 500 crave then by running a masternode.

This is a great model for network security because it will encourage users to potentially switch back and forth or split the difference in staking v.s masternodes to try and maximize their profit potential. Competition for coins is a good thing.
Activity: 334
Merit: 250
I don't understand what you are talking about. There are no reduction in block rewards.  The same amount of crave is being mined every day as will be in 10 years.  The only difference is the TOTAL number of crave so every year the percentage increase of crave will decrease.  But in 10 years if the same number of people are running masternodes and crave is the same price then the masternode would still be just as profitable as it is today.
In ten years from now if the reward for running a masternode is less then 0.097%. Obviously no one would buy a masternode with such a small return. Furthermore even if i continued running my masternode for those 10 years after this period of time my masternode would cease to be profitable and might not even make enough to cover the cost of hosting, at this point I might even stop my masternode if it is costing me money. This does not help to build a strong network, since you would want people to have incentive to create more masternodes thereby strengthening the network. With the current economic model I do not see that happening after 10 years, after 20 years obviously the problem would be even worse.
This is what I'm trying to tell you.  There are NO reduction in block rewards.  In 10 years you will get the same amount of crave for running a masternode as today(assuming there are the same number of masternodes).
If in 10 years from now, the amount of masternodes is the same as it is today, that would be a very bad sign. Since that would make it relatively easy for a malicious actor to spam the network with their nodes and thereby compromise the security and anonymity of the CRAVE network. If there was a better incentive structure there should be thousands of masternodes by that time, like there is in the DASH network today for example.

As many masternodes will be created as profitable. Unlike Dash this coin has staking so at a certain number of masternodes running you get more crave per day by staking your 500 crave then by running a masternode.  Also currently there is 121291.4916675 crave in masternodes which is 22.4% of TOTAL crave out right now.   I don't know the number but I am SURE there is not that high of percentage of dash in masternodes.  For one person to try and get enough crave to do malicious actions would drive the price up astronomically so I do not see that as a viable attack method.  I have run the numbers and crave is sound for many years to come.  Think harder and I bet you will see that too but for now ur hurting my head.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
their nodes have been running for months and months, of course they have more than us right now... why the heck are we discussing 10 years from now and somehow thinking it will all be the same as it is today lol you people are too funny.

new nodes have been going up every day growing nice and steady
Personally i like to invest in projects that have a long term vision, if this project does not care about what happens in 10 years from now then i would also care a lot less about this project. I want to like CRAVE though, since so many coins are trying to be mainstream and are distancing them selfs from the dark markets. CRAVE is doing the opposite i think that is cool. Smiley

So please ICM cap the block reward at 2%, so it cannot go below that percentage. It would hugely increase my confidence in this project and I am sure there are many silent investors out there that feel the same way that i do.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Uh dev, I got a question. On the roadmap for Urge it says "user created and operated" does this mean the investors or node holders are suppose to make the dark market/site/sites/auctions or what? This definitely needs some clarification. Because if thats the case someone with enough expertise needs to get started on it now. The coin is only going to do good and stay consistent if it has practical use to give it value. I hope you actually have a plan to make it yourself with a few helpers because people arent going to make the market for you, aside from a very few ambitious people that would actually try.

ICM hi! Question this guy miss and he's lost in previous pages
Its self-serve.  The people who want to own a market put up 10k coins as collateral and set it up themselves.  Then vendors can create listings in the market.

So whats stopping anyone from creating a market/forum that accepts crave in return for products and services with a middle man handling the crave? No need for 10,000 coin collateral. And if no one decides to create a market then this coin effectively fails, this doesnt make sense to me. Your roadmap is made with the assumption that someone is going to create this "URGE market" and follow your roadmap 2 to set it up.
I think you might be misunderstanding what we are building here.  You can think of it maybe as like an on-blockchain Shopify.

When could we expect to see these markets emerge?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Kaspa
their nodes have been running for months and months, of course they have more than us right now... why the heck are we discussing 10 years from now and somehow thinking it will all be the same as it is today lol you people are too funny.

new nodes have been going up every day growing nice and steady
Activity: 756
Maybe some of us could club 2000 a piece and take on a market,would it be worth it???
I don't understand what you are talking about. There are no reduction in block rewards.  The same amount of crave is being mined every day as will be in 10 years.  The only difference is the TOTAL number of crave so every year the percentage increase of crave will decrease.  But in 10 years if the same number of people are running masternodes and crave is the same price then the masternode would still be just as profitable as it is today.
In ten years from now if the reward for running a masternode is less then 0.097%. Obviously no one would buy a masternode with such a small return. Furthermore even if i continued running my masternode for those 10 years after this period of time my masternode would cease to be profitable and might not even make enough to cover the cost of hosting, at this point I might even stop my masternode if it is costing me money. This does not help to build a strong network, since you would want people to have incentive to create more masternodes thereby strengthening the network. With the current economic model I do not see that happening after 10 years, after 20 years obviously the problem would be even worse.
This is what I'm trying to tell you.  There are NO reduction in block rewards.  In 10 years you will get the same amount of crave for running a masternode as today(assuming there are the same number of masternodes).
If in 10 years from now, the amount of masternodes is the same as it is today, that would be a very, very bad sign. Since that would make it relatively easy for a malicious actor to spam the network with their nodes and thereby compromise the security and anonymity of the CRAVE network. If there was a better incentive structure there should be thousands of masternodes by that time.
Activity: 140
Uh dev, I got a question. On the roadmap for Urge it says "user created and operated" does this mean the investors or node holders are suppose to make the dark market/site/sites/auctions or what? This definitely needs some clarification. Because if thats the case someone with enough expertise needs to get started on it now. The coin is only going to do good and stay consistent if it has practical use to give it value. I hope you actually have a plan to make it yourself with a few helpers because people arent going to make the market for you, aside from a very few ambitious people that would actually try.

Its self-serve.  The people who want to own a market put up 10k coins as collateral and set it up themselves.  Then vendors can create listings in the market.

So whats stopping anyone from creating a market/forum that accepts crave in return for products and services with a middle man handling the crave? No need for 10,000 coin collateral. And if no one decides to create a market then this coin effectively fails, this doesnt make sense to me. Your roadmap is made with the assumption that someone is going to create this "URGE market" and follow your roadmap 2 to set it up.
I think you might be misunderstanding what we are building here.  You can think of it maybe as like an on-blockchain Shopify.
legendary
Kaspa
I've got 1 friend who had btc on a dark market that got shut down... and he has no hope of ever getting back (as far as he figures) his eye's lit up pretty good when I was trying explain crave and on blockchain markets (I didn't ask if he was a buyer or seller... not my business)
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Call me the coin wrecker (;

Its self-serve.  The people who want to own a market put up 10k coins as collateral and set it up themselves.  Then vendors can create listings in the market.

the way the feds like to close down "dark markets" it will just be a matter of time before people will see the benefit of having their markets on the Blockchain
The markets are operated for yeara before its taken down. Then you create a new one Smiley

the way the feds like to close down "dark markets" it will just be a matter of time before people will see the benefit of having their markets on the Blockchain

Yep this is why this coin could be revolutionary.  Its near impossible to stop a blockchain.
legendary
Kaspa

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Call me the coin wrecker (;

Activity: 644
Guys that is incorrect.  You can't burn CRAVE for BLUR after the end of the burn period.  We could possibly fork darkpoold to push the burn period out further.
1 idea would be to re open the burn period for 1 week/month each year (on crave's anniversary would be cool )
I do like that idea Smiley
ICM, if you want to get creative, make the first stakable assets on the blockchain.
Guys that is incorrect.  You can't burn CRAVE for BLUR after the end of the burn period.  We could possibly fork darkpoold to push the burn period out further.
1 idea would be to re open the burn period for 1 week/month each year (on crave's anniversary would be cool )
I do like that idea Smiley
legendary
Kaspa
Guys that is incorrect.  You can't burn CRAVE for BLUR after the end of the burn period.  We could possibly fork darkpoold to push the burn period out further.

Activity: 560
Merit: 300
Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011
Okay cool i figured that was the way you wanted to handle things  Wink and yeah this coin isn't going to succeed on its own and you're only one person so it time to put up or shut up; we as a community have a responsibility to help you help this coin succeed and then we all reap the rewards our hard work but its up to us to decide if we succeed or fail!
Activity: 140
ICM if I do work something out with this dev for the side projects did you want in on discussion/development or do you prefer just to let the community handle it? I'm not trying to step on your toes or anything I just really like crave and want to see it succeed and I figured these are two less things you gotta worry about.
I'd prefer to just let you guys run with it, less on my plate to worry about, so I can focus on core tech.  I think its amazing how quickly the community has come together and started building out the ecosystem around this already, and we are only a few weeks old.
Jump to: