Author

Topic: [ANN] CRAVE 1st POS Masternodes | Dark Assets | I2P | Market =Embrace The Dark= - page 165. (Read 826716 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Hi, I see you guys fighting over blur.. am I needed again? lol Roll Eyes

YES YOU ARE NEEDED!!! Please make a video tutorial, here you go https://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Hmm.. Maybe I'll do that. What other questions do you guys need answered?
Activity: 334
Merit: 250
Guys that is incorrect.  You can't burn CRAVE for BLUR after the end of the burn period.  We could possibly fork darkpoold to push the burn period out further.
That seems a bit strange to me, if it is blur that is supposed to be used for the markets, this takes away from the value proposition of crave. I would think that we should be able to burn crave for blur at anytime. Since this would mean people are expected to burn their crave in the first month of such a speculative project, considering that we can not even sell blur at this point, this is almost the same as burning money, we can not expect people to do this, it does not make sense for the long term or the present. I will say it here, I think we should be able to burn CRAVE for BLUR for the entire lifetime of this coin.
It is not supposed to be used for the markets.  BLUR is for crypto asssets.
I understand that now, I obviously misunderstood before. I would really appreciate it if you could reply to my last post regarding the reduction of block reward over a long period of time, I see this as a major economic flaw. Please address this issue ICM. Smiley

I don't understand what you are talking about. There are no reduction in block rewards.  The same amount of crave is being mined every day as will be in 10 years.  The only difference is the TOTAL number of crave so every year the percentage increase of crave will decrease.  But in 10 years if the same number of people are running masternodes and crave is the same price then the masternode would still be just as profitable as it is today.
Activity: 560
Merit: 300
Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011
ICM if I do work something out with this dev for the side projects did you want in on discussion/development or do you prefer just to let the community handle it? I'm not trying to step on your toes or anything I just really like crave and want to see it succeed and I figured these are two less things you gotta worry about.
Activity: 546
Guys that is incorrect.  You can't burn CRAVE for BLUR after the end of the burn period.  We could possibly fork darkpoold to push the burn period out further.
That seems a bit strange to me, if it is blur that is supposed to be used for the markets, this takes away from the value proposition of crave. I would think that we should be able to burn crave for blur at anytime. Since this would mean people are expected to burn their crave in the first month of such a speculative project, considering that we can not even sell blur at this point, this is almost the same as burning money, we can not expect people to do this, it does not make sense for the long term or the present. I will say it here, I think we should be able to burn CRAVE for BLUR for the entire lifetime of this coin.
I understand that now, I obviously misunderstood before. I would really appreciate it if you could reply to my last post regarding the reduction of block reward over a long period of time, I see this as a major economic flaw. Please address this issue ICM. Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Activity: 560
Merit: 300
Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011
So I've got a phone interview with a dev that handles both MAC and APK development, check out the slack channel for details and feel free to pitch idea for the projects!
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

YES YOU ARE NEEDED!!! Please make a video tutorial, here you go https://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
you are incorrect...crave will be used as the currency on the markets..blur is just an asset
I see, that does make more sense. I guess now i do not entirely understand the purpose of BLUR lol
blur can be used to create assets say if you were going to start a market but didnt have all the funds..you could get investors to help fund the 10k crave..and issue shares to the investors
I see, thanks for clearing that up for me. I still think we should be able to burn crave at anytime, though its not as big of a deal as i thought it was. Now that we are on the subject of long term viability i have another question/concern. Every year there is a 50% reduction in block reward if i understand it correctly, however i was wondering at what point does this stop, in my opinion this reduction should cease when we reach 2.5%. Since if it goes below that point there might not be enough incentive for the masternode network to continue operating.
well since in t he first year around 500k coins will be created bringing total coins to roughly 1million...next year another 500k coins...bringing total to 1.5 million..third year another 500k coins bringing it to 2 million....so the reward stays the same but the amount of coins created to the total coins ratio is getting smaller and smaller every year
My point still stands, at a certain point the reduction of block reward must stop. Otherwise there would be a lack of incentive for masternodes. 2% yearly increase is a good target in my opinion, I like to think that the economic model of CRAVE will continue to function say twenty years into the future for instance, if there are flaws in the long term economic viability of the network that would not inspire confidence. Though I suppose these things can be changed when these problems become apparent in the future. However I would feel better if this had all already been considered.

I can give an example of this, after 10 years the return on a masternode would be less then 0.097% per year. I do not think any sane person would buy a masternode like they would today for such returns, it would most likely not even cover the hosting costs.
Activity: 292
you are incorrect...crave will be used as the currency on the markets..blur is just an asset
I see, that does make more sense. I guess now i do not entirely understand the purpose of BLUR lol
blur can be used to create assets say if you were going to start a market but didnt have all the funds..you could get investors to help fund the 10k crave..and issue shares to the investors
I see, thanks for clearing that up for me. I still think we should be able to burn crave at anytime, though its not as big of a deal as i thought it was. Now that we are on the subject of long term viability i have another question/concern. Every year there is a 50% reduction in block reward if i understand it correctly, however i was wondering at what point does this stop, in my opinion this reduction should cease when we reach 2.5%. Since if it goes below that point there might not be enough incentive for the masternode network to continue operating.

well since in t he first year around 500k coins will be created bringing total coins to roughly 1million...next year another 500k coins...bringing total to 1.5 million..third year another 500k coins bringing it to 2 million....so the reward stays the same but the amount of coins created to the total coins ratio is getting smaller and smaller every year
I can take this even further, if you can not burn crave for blur, what value does crave itself have to the dark markets? The answer to that question is none, crave would have no value to the darkmarkets under this scenario. This in my opinion is a severe problem to the long term viability of this coin. I hope you reconsider this issue ICM.
I think the crave value will be to create markets and master nodes.
How much an anon darkmarket stayed in a blockchain?
I would like to add to this, CRAVE itself will be used as a currency on the markets as was mentioned before, this should give CRAVE value as a currency in these markets.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
why the mac wallet not work??
 Sad

It is compiled from an older release. it needs to be done again. and wont work currently
Open invite to community to build another, I tried last night for 4 hours but have no clue what im doing and was unsucessful.

I've compiled a lot of Mac wallets.  I'll try and take a look at it tonight if I can.

thanks man!
Activity: 644
I see, thanks for clearing that up for me. I still think we should be able to burn crave at anytime, though its not as big of a deal as i thought it was. Now that we are on the subject of long term viability i have another question/concern. Every year there is a 50% reduction in block reward if i understand it correctly, however i was wondering at what point does this stop, in my opinion this reduction should cease when we reach 2.5% yearly inflation. Since if it goes below that point there might not be enough incentive for the masternode network to continue operating.
Activity: 383
why the mac wallet not work??
 Sad

It is compiled from an older release. it needs to be done again. and wont work currently
Open invite to community to build another, I tried last night for 4 hours but have no clue what im doing and was unsucessful.

I've compiled a lot of Mac wallets.  I'll try and take a look at it tonight if I can.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
I can take this even further, if you can not burn crave for blur, what value does crave itself have to the dark markets? The answer to that question is none, crave would have no value to the darkmarkets under this scenario. This in my opinion is a severe problem to the long term viability of this coin. I hope you reconsider this issue ICM.

I think the crave value will be to create markets and master nodes.
How much an anon darkmarket stayed in a blockchain?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

Think of Blur as almost like a digital stock, except you use it to invest in digital assets, an example being say I open up a market and you want to own a piece of my market you can buy Blur and invest in it for a portion of the profits.

Edit.. I have been corrected
Jump to: