Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CROAT - THE CATALAN ALTCOIN - EGALITARIAN COIN OF THE CATALAN PEOPLE - page 10. (Read 66263 times)

Activity: 346
Merit: 101
So I got the blockchain synced overnight on the daemon (Ubuntu version). The tried opening my wallet (simplewallet) an got this:

2018-Jun-13 12:07:49.123020 ERROR   [BlockchainSynchronizer] Failed to query blocks: NodeErrorCategory:5, Internal node error

I then downloaded the blockchain and tried again with the --data-dir parameter. Same error. I'm using the latest CROATCore package.

Whats up with this? How to fix it?

Hi, you can try to download blockchain backup, take a look at this video

https://youtu.be/W_L4lHt-PE4

Latest backups are here https://croatpool.com/blockchain/

Good luck

Well I tried every possible way but it seems the CLI wallets are not up-to.date. The desktop wallet worked.

Cli wallet?

You need to start daemon first

Code:
./croatd --config-file configs/croat.conf

And then start simplewallet

Code:
./simplewallet --config-file configs/croat.conf

Activity: 97
Merit: 0
So I got the blockchain synced overnight on the daemon (Ubuntu version). The tried opening my wallet (simplewallet) an got this:

2018-Jun-13 12:07:49.123020 ERROR   [BlockchainSynchronizer] Failed to query blocks: NodeErrorCategory:5, Internal node error

I then downloaded the blockchain and tried again with the --data-dir parameter. Same error. I'm using the latest CROATCore package.

Good luck

Well I tried every possible way but it seems the CLI wallets are not up-to.date. The desktop wallet worked.

Activity: 346

Good luck

Activity: 62
The price of CROAT is rising just now on the stocks.exchange !!! The rate is now 0.00000197BTC/CROAT
In the last 2 hours about 90000 CROATS was bought.  Since BTC is down, it is a mark, that some investors consider the price of CROAT to be undervalued! HOLD Your CROATs, do not sell Your future so cheap !!!

Anyone could manipulate the coin, which has low overal hashrate. From CryptoNightV7 coins only Monero is more immune to peaks caused by miners, which instead of investment into the new HW (btw unprofitable) prefer to buy GPU hashrate from the market. But Monero is another level.

DERO is successful project for users which are HOLDING the coins. Electroneum was successfull till they deceided to fork. Then miners which invested into the ASIC machines took over  DERO mining, so DERO is now successfull. Sumo after unsuccesfull fork to CryptoNight Heavy algo lost all loyal ASIC miners, now is back and is fighting for the ASIC hashrate with DERO and BYTECOIN

The situation was very optimistic during the winter, till CROAT was not on the exchanges... The PR finished, since RATE dropped from "expected" 50 eurocents to 1.. What we need exactly is to have more holders, which prefer to buy and hold CROATs. The FORK to ASIC resistant algo is not the solution for everything.

I will support some reports, protection against ASIC will remove the monopoly on CROAT, and manipulating the coin for one person will be harder, and really need a large exchanger, it will give big sales volumes and greater volatility, otherwise the coin will die when the developer's enthusiasm is over ...
Anyone could manipulate the coin, which has low overal hashrate. From CryptoNightV7 coins only Monero is more immune to peaks caused by miners, which instead of investment into the new HW (btw unprofitable) prefer to buy GPU hashrate from the market. But Monero is another level.

DERO is successful project for users which are HOLDING the coins. Electroneum was successfull till they deceided to fork. Then miners which invested into the ASIC machines took over  DERO mining, so DERO is now successfull. Sumo after unsuccesfull fork to CryptoNight Heavy algo lost all loyal ASIC miners, now is back and is fighting for the ASIC hashrate with DERO and BYTECOIN

The situation was very optimistic during the winter, till CROAT was not on the exchanges... The PR finished, since RATE dropped from "expected" 50 eurocents to 1.. What we need exactly is to have more holders, which prefer to buy and hold CROATs. The FORK to ASIC resistant algo is not the solution for everything.

I will support some reports, protection against ASIC will remove the monopoly on CROAT, and manipulating the coin for one person will be harder, and really need a large exchanger, it will give big sales volumes and greater volatility, otherwise the coin will die when the developer's enthusiasm is over ...
Activity: 5
Activity: 11
I'm sorry.

The unknown hashrate that dero claim to be from healthy private pools has been disturbing in the community. GPU mining with dero has long passed the tipping point of electricity cost that many claim GPU mining is dead for dero. The conversation was when the total hashrate was around 20MH back in march, now the total has is 1.3GH. It became so quiet now in the community. Suddenly so peaceful, people are happy mining now???

Electroneum has been controvertial in their operation too. I won't go into the gory details here since it got more attention from media anyways.

The point is there are shit coins out there that look legit/successful or whatever. Otherwise how and where do scammers scoop money from? They need to draw in lots of sheep and then harvest. Good luck.

Hello, I am affraid, that till now nobody invented EGALITARIAN algoritm. After possible fork to CryptoNightV7, there will be still lot of peaks like this one on the picture, which is probably from Nicehash.

For me DERO is an example of successfull coin which did not forked till now to CN7. The price of DERO is more than 1.5Euro for coin with total supply 18M coins. CROAT has limit of supply 100M coins, so it could cost in the future 30 Eurocents easily. Now is price about 1 eurocent. I think, that the current holders of CROAT could have 3000% of gain in the future. We only need the BIG reliable, secure exchange. This is the reason  why I do not want to sell the single CROAT, which I have.
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/dero/btc

and example of unsuccessfull coin fork is Electroneum. Please compare charts for last 60 days. The holders are still loosing value against BTC.
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/electroneum

I think, that risk of fork is so high, that it could kill the CROAT completely. But CROAT is child of Mr. Gerard Duelo, it is up to him to consider what to do.

In the last couple of days, someone bought about 0.5M of CROATs on the stocks.exchange. For me it is a promise, that there are still potential investors and the CROAT is on the right path.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2edusye.jpg
Look at this, out of ~55Mh total network hash rate you have these top miners with the top 1 at 47MH/s. Would you call this EGALITARIAN ? Would you call this healthy? Do you think this can attract more users? Yes, you need much more users than miners but miners are the foundation of the network. Without normal miners but mainly ASIC whales I don't see how it can thrive.

As mentioned by other folks here that forking is a no brainer. Forking for sure makes a healthier coin but does not guarantee an immediate better price. The price of other coins is an outcome of current market. Bashing others does not make croat look better. What's the cost of forking? Fixing things before it's too late is probably priceless. I think the devs are either don't care about the future of croat or just sheer laziness. I can't think of other good reasons unless this is a scam hijacking the will of catalan people from the very beginning.

Look at price of Monero, Electroneum, Graft before and after fork, they are still behind expectations. Electroneum has unusable transactions, Graft costs about 10% of ICO price. Sumo probably forked back to pure original Cryptonight? Who should pay the costs of fork, Mr. Duelo again? We have about 200 of miners and about 2000 people is using Croat Core android ledger. The current software work excelent. What we need is to have far more users than miners.

Miners are people! If you think ASIC is great, good for you! But it stinks for most people. That's why most cn coins forked to ASIC resistant variants.

EGALITARIAN for MINERS or PEOPLE? CROAT is EGALITARIAN. Anybody now can buy 1000 CROATs for around 10 Euro. It is a GREAT oportunity! If You just want to mine CROAT for buying BTC, then CROAT is not for You. Of course it is nonsense to compete with ASIC machines with GPU or CPU. In case You want to earn some CROATs, it is better to mine something else and exchange it to CROATs. I am mining different coins and I am changing them completely to BTC and to CROATs. Difficulty is still rising, so price will go UP. Sooner or later.

I stopped mining when network hashrate went insane. If it was due to popularity that would be fine. However, most of the hash rate came from only a few miners with ~Mh/s each. This is exactly against what they claim to be "EGALITARIAN COIN OF THE CATALAN PEOPLE". As a result, this coin is not gonna get anywhere it was supposed to be(half Euro per croat?) unless they introduce some level of ASIC resistance. We all waited but nothing happened. So good luck holding!

Im holding my croat now. I wait for big exchange  Roll Eyes
Hello, I am affraid, that till now nobody invented EGALITARIAN algoritm. After possible fork to CryptoNightV7, there will be still lot of peaks like this one on the picture, which is probably from Nicehash.

For me DERO is an example of successfull coin which did not forked till now to CN7. The price of DERO is more than 1.5Euro for coin with total supply 18M coins. CROAT has limit of supply 100M coins, so it could cost in the future 30 Eurocents easily. Now is price about 1 eurocent. I think, that the current holders of CROAT could have 3000% of gain in the future. We only need the BIG reliable, secure exchange. This is the reason  why I do not want to sell the single CROAT, which I have.
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/dero/btc

and example of unsuccessfull coin fork is Electroneum. Please compare charts for last 60 days. The holders are still loosing value against BTC.
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/electroneum

I think, that risk of fork is so high, that it could kill the CROAT completely. But CROAT is child of Mr. Gerard Duelo, it is up to him to consider what to do.

In the last couple of days, someone bought about 0.5M of CROATs on the stocks.exchange. For me it is a promise, that there are still potential investors and the CROAT is on the right path.

Look at this, out of ~55Mh total network hash rate you have these top miners with the top 1 at 47MH/s. Would you call this EGALITARIAN ? Would you call this healthy? Do you think this can attract more users? Yes, you need much more users than miners but miners are the foundation of the network. Without normal miners but mainly ASIC whales I don't see how it can thrive.

As mentioned by other folks here that forking is a no brainer. Forking for sure makes a healthier coin but does not guarantee an immediate better price. The price of other coins is an outcome of current market. Bashing others does not make croat look better. What's the cost of forking? Fixing things before it's too late is probably priceless. I think the devs are either don't care about the future of croat or just sheer laziness. I can't think of other good reasons unless this is a scam hijacking the will of catalan people from the very beginning.

Look at price of Monero, Electroneum, Graft before and after fork, they are still behind expectations. Electroneum has unusable transactions, Graft costs about 10% of ICO price. Sumo probably forked back to pure original Cryptonight? Who should pay the costs of fork, Mr. Duelo again? We have about 200 of miners and about 2000 people is using Croat Core android ledger. The current software work excelent. What we need is to have far more users than miners.

Miners are people! If you think ASIC is great, good for you! But it stinks for most people. That's why most cn coins forked to ASIC resistant variants.

EGALITARIAN for MINERS or PEOPLE? CROAT is EGALITARIAN. Anybody now can buy 1000 CROATs for around 10 Euro. It is a GREAT oportunity! If You just want to mine CROAT for buying BTC, then CROAT is not for You. Of course it is nonsense to compete with ASIC machines with GPU or CPU. In case You want to earn some CROATs, it is better to mine something else and exchange it to CROATs. I am mining different coins and I am changing them completely to BTC and to CROATs. Difficulty is still rising, so price will go UP. Sooner or later.

I stopped mining when network hashrate went insane. If it was due to popularity that would be fine. However, most of the hash rate came from only a few miners with ~Mh/s each. This is exactly against what they claim to be "EGALITARIAN COIN OF THE CATALAN PEOPLE". As a result, this coin is not gonna get anywhere it was supposed to be(half Euro per croat?) unless they introduce some level of ASIC resistance. We all waited but nothing happened. So good luck holding!

Just pulled the last version from github, compiled (on Ubuntu) and got:
"Configuration error: Cannot open configuration file"

Which is correct. There is no config file anywhere. Any example of what the config should contain?  

Update: so there is no config file in github. Only int he Croatcore package.

Activity: 37
This coin isn't even a year old yet so I will give them a chance. I was under the impression that there was a fork but it appears they did not. Forking against ASICs is a no brainer and if the devs really want to see this coin go forward it has to be done.

Activity: 50
On stock.exchange 262943croat buy behind 0.00000155btc

Activity: 50
Activity: 308
-YAHOO_EU-
For a long time I kept 15,000 coins, which were mined even last fall, I was waiting for the growth of the exchange rate, but lost faith, did not wait and sold everything. Good luck to the project and good-bye.
Pages:
Jump to: