Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CROAT - THE CATALAN ALTCOIN - EGALITARIAN COIN OF THE CATALAN PEOPLE - page 9. (Read 66263 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
The problem is that when you go into the tab to make a deposit, the personal address of the croat and the payment ID appears, I'll try to send a small amount today simply to the address. Thanks.

Thank you, I'm aware of this, and I'm not going to keep my coins on the exchange, I just want to sell a small amount.

Hello. You do not need payment ID for stocks.exchange   On the stocks.exchange You have Your unique CROAT address. The same is for openledger.io and octaex.com.

Some advices:
Never use Your stocks.exchange on openledger.io account as address on the croat pool.
Never withdraw Your CROATs from stocks.exchange to openledger.io and vice versa !! (since in this case You do not have access to private keys of exchange addresses, You have no proof for any transaction for their technical support)!!
In case You are new player, You will be surprised with high withdrawal fees for BTC. In this case is usually better to change Your BTC to LTC and then send to Your personal ledger (i.e. Coinbase, or other...)

Hello.
Thanks for the help. For example, I want to send a part of my croats to the stock exchange, but I need a payment ID, the problem is that it can not be specified in any purse except for the CLI, maybe the GUI supports the payment ID, only send using . or +.

There is a problem that I do not run simplewallet.

Hello btc077,

since till now You have no official answer, I will try it myself. Do not trust me, I am not insider... Please check Yourself...

GUI and Android APK of CroatCore do not support Payment Id within current version.  CLI wallet could support Payment Id, but I am using only GUI and mobile wallet. But You can send the hash of every transaction to Your counterpart. You can find the hash easily within transactions part.

CLI wallet is within directory, where is installed CroatCore GUI in case of Windows OS. There is simplewallet.exe and croatd.exe
I think that there should be Payment Id option, but I am not sure.  Bitcointalk user Ridd could give You better support than me.

Activity: 62
Hello. You do not need payment ID for stocks.exchange   On the stocks.exchange You have Your unique CROAT address. The same is for openledger.io and octaex.com.

Some advices:
Never use Your stocks.exchange on openledger.io account as address on the croat pool.
Never withdraw Your CROATs from stocks.exchange to openledger.io and vice versa !! (since in this case You do not have access to private keys of exchange addresses, You have no proof for any transaction for their technical support)!!
In case You are new player, You will be surprised with high withdrawal fees for BTC. In this case is usually better to change Your BTC to LTC and then send to Your personal ledger (i.e. Coinbase, or other...)

Hello.
Thanks for the help. For example, I want to send a part of my croats to the stock exchange, but I need a payment ID, the problem is that it can not be specified in any purse except for the CLI, maybe the GUI supports the payment ID, only send using . or +.

Hello btc077,

since till now You have no official answer, I will try it myself. Do not trust me, I am not insider... Please check Yourself...

GUI and Android APK of CroatCore do not support Payment Id within current version.  CLI wallet could support Payment Id, but I am using only GUI and mobile wallet. But You can send the hash of every transaction to Your counterpart. You can find the hash easily within transactions part.

CLI wallet is within directory, where is installed CroatCore GUI in case of Windows OS. There is simplewallet.exe and croatd.exe
I think that there should be Payment Id option, but I am not sure.  Bitcointalk user Ridd could give You better support than me.

Hello.

Hello btc077,

Activity: 346
Merit: 101
Mixin count in the output, what does it mean and what to write there?

The mixin count refers to the number of other signatures (aside from yours) in the ring-signature that authorizes the transaction. So a mixin of 3 means that there are a total of 4 signatures. This means that someone looking at the croat blockchain has no way of knowing which of the four signers is the true sender.

You can use 0 or 1 without problems...
Activity: 683
Merit: 251
Mixin count in the output, what does it mean and what to write there?
Activity: 37
Wow, I just looked at Stocks.Exchange. The entire Buy Ledger has less than $1,500 USD and it is down nearly 17 percent. This coin is dead if this continues. No community outside of the closed loop developer circle, no exchanges and no fork to prevent hoarding from ASICs.

I sent a message to the person who created this entire thread and there has been no reply. This is the opposite of a community driven coin. (Much less one that is suppose to be political)
Hello devs, please fix 178.22.71.122. Where and how we should send alerts?
Activity: 37
The link for Next.Exchange on the official website no longer works. Is Next.Exchange still "Coming Soon"?

https://croat.cat/en/home/
Hello btc077,

Hello dev's. In the Gui wallet the purse does not have the option Payment Id, how do I send money correctly? And where can I find Cli Wallet? Thanks for the help!
Hello eugenekey,

to have few ASIC miners is better than nothing, according to my opinion. To have more ASIC miners is better than few. If we will have only 1 single ASIC miner, than he will control everything. Currently no ASIC miner means, that CROAT mining will be under total control of Nicehash buyers (also ASIC based). At least current competition between ASIC miners is backing minimal difficulty = price. They are still mining, even if it is sometime less profitable.

Till possible migration will be done, it will takes months. Then CROAT could try to compete with Monero.

Everybody who believe this project should support CROAT now, do not wait till possible CN7 migration. The price is very low, do not sell it for 1cent.

The Time is Money. Imagine: for 1000Euro You could have cca 100 000 CROATs today. It is 1/1000 of whole emission. There is probably no other serious coin, where such an big amount could be bought so cheap. When You will invest to new PC with AMD VEGA GPU with 2000H/s, You will never be able to mine 100000 CROATs. Never. Even with CN7.

At least we helped to start some discussion about possible CN to CNv7 or CN"special CROAT algo", because there was no discussion till now, except asking, when will be other big exchange. Every opinion counts, it is better than lack of interest.

>Why allow a few ASIC miners to be controlling the market and potentially being filthy rich?
Activity: 11
You didn't get the point. Most people would agree ASIC mining is against decentralization and that is not good. It's evil! Whether ASIC miners/organizations are loyal to croat is irrelevant.

You already said it,   "CROAT was not created for miners to make rich several catalan miners". Why allow a few ASIC miners to be controlling the market and potentially being filthy rich?

What the heck is "nobody clever". Are you using google translator? Are you the owner/investor of Chinese ASIC
company? Stop mentioning your 1kh/s pc and do not pretend you are normal miner with CPU/GPU.

If you endorse centralism and or totalitarian, just say it out loud so people can hear. Stop hijacking Catalan people's will! Stop doing evil in the name of Catalan!

I must strongly disagree with You, eugenekey.

>if you endorse ASIC, please remove the word EGALITARIAN. It just feels disgusting. In fact I'm not sure if all catalan people endorse centralism. Do not call it catalan altcoin! Do not do evil under the name of catalan.
>Miners are people!

The CROAT was not created for miners to make rich several catalan miners. The GOAL of CROAT is provide Catalan people alternative payment system to fulfill commercial and social aspect. Coin should be used by Catalan people (BUYERS) and Catalan merchants (SELLERS).

The list of present Merchants who are supporting CROAT is on the website https://croat.cat/comercos/
Mining is not a goal, it is a way how to create the strong CROAT. Buyers on the exchange invested theyr bitcoins to CROATs. Owners of ASIC invested into the HW several months ago, Owners of CPU, GPU mining RIGS invested into this HW last Year and in the beginning of this Year 2018.

Nobody clever will invest large amount of money into CPU, GPU mining just now. The GAME is over.

Monero has 500MH/s produced by GPU HW. Since Bitmain invented ASIC, the revenue of GPU owners started to decline. For protection of LOYAL GPU Monero miners, they adjusted algo to CNv7.

BUT CROAT has no LOYAL CPU, GPU miners with large portion of hashrate. They has only miners who are promising, that they will mine CROAT again. Croat peak was maybe 200kH. As I said, nobody clever will buy new mining RIG for several 1000 Euro for CN7 mining. It is very unresponsible to CUT current LOYAL ASIC miners, who are today supporting CROAT and start from ZERO with new algo again. It is not BAD thing to mine CROAT with ASIC. If CROAT will cut them off, they will start mine anything else.

Even if hashrate of CROAT from GPU rigs will be 10MH/s, the CROAT as a small coin will be toy in the hands of miners who are buyers of hashrate. The Nicehash marketplace has currently 400MH/s of CryptoNightv7 hashrate, provided by GPU hashrate sellers. Anybody could with 0.005 BTC investment buy this hashing power and create 100MH/s peak. Only Monero is more stable, since there is about 400MH of hashrate  provided by loyal miners.

I am not miner of CROAT anymore with my 1kH/s PC. It is only 1Euro for day. I do not believe, that it could be much more in the future. Nobody will pay more for the coin, which is possible to mine with cheap investment.

I like idea of CROAT, it something like small Catalan GRAFT coin. It is very special idea to have national altcoin with support of local merchants (existing real merchants).

Again the finall message for present HOLDers: "Do not sell Your future, HOLD Your CROATs!"

Hello dev's. In the Gui wallet the purse does not have the option Payment Id, how do I send money correctly? And where can I find Cli Wallet? Thanks for the help!
I must strongly disagree with You, eugenekey.

>if you endorse ASIC, please remove the word EGALITARIAN. It just feels disgusting. In fact I'm not sure if all catalan people endorse centralism. Do not call it catalan altcoin! Do not do evil under the name of catalan.
>Miners are people!

The CROAT was not created for miners to make rich several catalan miners. The GOAL of CROAT is provide Catalan people alternative payment system to fulfill commercial and social aspect. Coin should be used by Catalan people (BUYERS) and Catalan merchants (SELLERS).

The list of present Merchants who are supporting CROAT is on the website https://croat.cat/comercos/
Mining is not a goal, it is a way how to create the strong CROAT. Buyers on the exchange invested theyr bitcoins to CROATs. Owners of ASIC invested into the HW several months ago, Owners of CPU, GPU mining RIGS invested into this HW last Year and in the beginning of this Year 2018.

Nobody clever will invest large amount of money into CPU, GPU mining just now. The GAME is over.

Monero has 500MH/s produced by GPU HW. Since Bitmain invented ASIC, the revenue of GPU owners started to decline. For protection of LOYAL GPU Monero miners, they adjusted algo to CNv7.

BUT CROAT has no LOYAL CPU, GPU miners with large portion of hashrate. They has only miners who are promising, that they will mine CROAT again. Croat peak was maybe 200kH. As I said, nobody clever will buy new mining RIG for several 1000 Euro for CN7 mining. It is very unresponsible to CUT current LOYAL ASIC miners, who are today supporting CROAT and start from ZERO with new algo again. It is not BAD thing to mine CROAT with ASIC. If CROAT will cut them off, they will start mine anything else.

Even if hashrate of CROAT from GPU rigs will be 10MH/s, the CROAT as a small coin will be toy in the hands of miners who are buyers of hashrate. The Nicehash marketplace has currently 400MH/s of CryptoNightv7 hashrate, provided by GPU hashrate sellers. Anybody could with 0.005 BTC investment buy this hashing power and create 100MH/s peak. Only Monero is more stable, since there is about 400MH of hashrate  provided by loyal miners.

I am not miner of CROAT anymore with my 1kH/s PC. It is only 1Euro for day. I do not believe, that it could be much more in the future. Nobody will pay more for the coin, which is possible to mine with cheap investment.

I like idea of CROAT, it something like small Catalan GRAFT coin. It is very special idea to have national altcoin with support of local merchants (existing real merchants).

Again the finall message for present HOLDers: "Do not sell Your future, HOLD Your CROATs!"
Activity: 5
And I'm of the same opinion, success will not be from the complexity of ASIC in 10Mh, but from the complexity of the CPU and the GPU at 10 Mh (that it would produce a huge number of people), and yes, we need exchanges larger, so that all the extracted CROAT has already been redeemed, and there was his shortage
Activity: 11
ASIC is against decentralization and is exactly the opposite of  EGALITARIAN.

It's ok if you endorse ASIC, please remove the word EGALITARIAN. It just feels disgusting. In fact I'm not sure if all catalan people endorse centralism. Do not call it catalan altcoin! Do not do evil under the name of catalan.

Hello, of course GPU mining is waste of resources for original CryptoNight. But former Dero miners, which did not used Dero only for change to BTC, they are happy now. VERY happy. If You have PC with total of only  1KH/s You can easily mine something else i.e. Monero and then buy  100 CROATs every day.

The ASIC miners, which are on the croat.pool.cat are selling CROAT for very low price. They have currently 10MH/sec together, so difficulty will never drop down. But this also define current bootom price of CROAT which is about 150 Satoshi. It is a very low risk to invest into CROAT. If we will have more ASIC miners (ie. duble of current hashrate), within several weeks, then the price of CROAT will double, so everyone from the HOLDERS will be happy.  Our competitors are now DERO, SUMO, BYTECOIN etc. We only need reliable pools, reliable exchange and nothing else, some PR will be needed..

CPU, GPU mining is over for CROAT. In case of switch to CN7, we will not have more than 1Euro for 1kH/s from CROAT mining. From my point of view, every ASIC miner is welcome. Every Nicehash miner is welcome. Everything which could cause rise of difficulty = rise of PRICE is GOOD. Buying of CROAT on the exchange is GOOD. Every investemnt into the CROAT is GOOD. About 15% of CROATS were premined, so  nobody could make a fortune with laptop only with CROAT even after possible CN7 switch

So I see no sense to switch to CN7 now for present HOLDERS of CROAT. Again for PRESENT HOLDERS. CROAT has no miners currently. Some pools are not able to find a block during the whole day. Currently the risk of switch to CN7 is too high.

Let's count: 15M CROATs premined (DEVs, PR, charity etc), about 25M CROATs mined since 10 Months. It means that about 20M od CROATS were mined by CPU, GPU. Let's say that 2-3Milions of CROATs were mined by ASICs, since CN7 Monero switch and Electroneum CN7 switch.  

Mr. Duelo invested to CROAT too much money end effort. I hope that he is reading this thread.

The finall message for present HOLDers: "Do not sell Your future, HOLD Your CROATs!"

The unknown hashrate that dero claim to be from healthy private pools has been disturbing in the community. GPU mining with dero has long passed the tipping point of electricity cost that many claim GPU mining is dead for dero. The conversation was when the total hashrate was around 20MH back in march, now the total has is 1.3GH. It became so quiet now in the community. Suddenly so peaceful, people are happy mining now???

Activity: 97
So I got the blockchain synced overnight on the daemon (Ubuntu version). The tried opening my wallet (simplewallet) an got this:

2018-Jun-13 12:07:49.123020 ERROR   [BlockchainSynchronizer] Failed to query blocks: NodeErrorCategory:5, Internal node error

I then downloaded the blockchain and tried again with the --data-dir parameter. Same error. I'm using the latest CROATCore package.

Whats up with this? How to fix it?

Hi, you can try to download blockchain backup, take a look at this video

https://youtu.be/W_L4lHt-PE4

Latest backups are here https://croatpool.com/blockchain/

Good luck

Well I tried every possible way but it seems the CLI wallets are not up-to.date. The desktop wallet worked.

Cli wallet?

You need to start daemon first

Code:
./croatd --config-file configs/croat.conf

And then start simplewallet

Code:
./simplewallet --config-file configs/croat.conf

Yes I synced the daemon both over the network and from a blockchain snapshot. But I didn't know I needed the conf file for the wallet-clli as well. I just used the --daemon-port parameter and that doesn't work. 

Thanks for the info.

Hello, of course GPU mining is waste of resources for original CryptoNight. But former Dero miners, which did not used Dero only for change to BTC, they are happy now. VERY happy. If You have PC with total of only  1KH/s You can easily mine something else i.e. Monero and then buy  100 CROATs every day.

The ASIC miners, which are on the croat.pool.cat are selling CROAT for very low price. They have currently 10MH/sec together, so difficulty will never drop down. But this also define current bootom price of CROAT which is about 150 Satoshi. It is a very low risk to invest into CROAT. If we will have more ASIC miners (ie. duble of current hashrate), within several weeks, then the price of CROAT will double, so everyone from the HOLDERS will be happy.  Our competitors are now DERO, SUMO, BYTECOIN etc. We only need reliable pools, reliable exchange and nothing else, some PR will be needed..

CPU, GPU mining is over for CROAT. In case of switch to CN7, we will not have more than 1Euro for 1kH/s from CROAT mining. From my point of view, every ASIC miner is welcome. Every Nicehash miner is welcome. Everything which could cause rise of difficulty = rise of PRICE is GOOD. Buying of CROAT on the exchange is GOOD. Every investemnt into the CROAT is GOOD. About 15% of CROATS were premined, so  nobody could make a fortune with laptop only with CROAT even after possible CN7 switch

So I see no sense to switch to CN7 now for present HOLDERS of CROAT. Again for PRESENT HOLDERS. CROAT has no miners currently. Some pools are not able to find a block during the whole day. Currently the risk of switch to CN7 is too high.

Let's count: 15M CROATs premined (DEVs, PR, charity etc), about 25M CROATs mined since 10 Months. It means that about 20M od CROATS were mined by CPU, GPU. Let's say that 2-3Milions of CROATs were mined by ASICs, since CN7 Monero switch and Electroneum CN7 switch. 

Mr. Duelo invested to CROAT too much money end effort. I hope that he is reading this thread.

The finall message for present HOLDers: "Do not sell Your future, HOLD Your CROATs!"

The unknown hashrate that dero claim to be from healthy private pools has been disturbing in the community. GPU mining with dero has long passed the tipping point of electricity cost that many claim GPU mining is dead for dero. The conversation was when the total hashrate was around 20MH back in march, now the total has is 1.3GH. It became so quiet now in the community. Suddenly so peaceful, people are happy mining now???

Activity: 683
Merit: 251
What's new ? Will there be new exchanges for Croats?
2nd official pool pool.croat.cat should be fixed again... 1th pool croat.pool.cat is far more stable
Activity: 42
You have a warm heart trying to help people. And using just a personal computer to mine Croat? That's terrific! Very ecological and economical.
Pages:
Jump to: