Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 130. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 292
Merit: 250
This is from the lead developer at F@H on reddit:
Yeah and the CureCoin developers give themselves 10% of the profits. Plus they have centralized control of the distribution of coins. Their centralized servers gather publicly available data from Folding@home and enter it into the CureCoin network. If they screw this up or get hacked the whole coin is compromised. If Folding@home get's hacked or any of the 100s of Folding@home work servers which are run at Universities around the world gets hacked the coin is compromised.

I tried to work on these and other issues with the CureCoin developers but they responded quite hostility and charged ahead with CureCoin as is. As their website says, they have no affiliation with Folding@home or Stanford University.

Disclosure: I'm the lead developer at Folding@home.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/26xvh5/curecoin_cryptocurrency_based_on_coupling_sha256/

who can say if this is really the lead dev of F@H it is easy to claim such things...

Yes and one would think accurate information would at least be used if they are going to post about it.  Sounds like more FUD.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Cookie...Cookie.
Casted my vote, Let's get Curecoin on the map.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Still nothing on the folding pool after 24h.
No way to check if both the folding account are well linked?
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
I never post here but thought I would add that I requested Curecoin be added to CoinWarz.  Currently we have 13 votes.

http://www.coinwarz.com/voting

Please vote to add Curecoin to CoinWarz.

Curecoin is climbing the rankings fast, keep voting every hour!
Activity: 799
Yeah and the CureCoin developers give themselves 10% of the profits. Plus they have centralized control of the distribution of coins. Their centralized servers gather publicly available data from Folding@home and enter it into the CureCoin network. If they screw this up or get hacked the whole coin is compromised. If Folding@home get's hacked or any of the 100s of Folding@home work servers which are run at Universities around the world gets hacked the coin is compromised.

I tried to work on these and other issues with the CureCoin developers but they responded quite hostility and charged ahead with CureCoin as is. As their website says, they have no affiliation with Folding@home or Stanford University.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/26xvh5/curecoin_cryptocurrency_based_on_coupling_sha256/

who can say if this is really the lead dev of F@H it is easy to claim such things...
I think that it's the same that if in other coins your pool is attaked, you loose the last day of mining, but the coin is not compromised, no?

Activity: 229
after testing with a watt tester and amps several script algo including Folding@home, this what i find out:

Based on 6 x GPU cards (R9 280x) on one motherboard:
Primecoin (XPM algo) - Miner: Claymore - Watts: 1870 watts - Ampers: 6.10 amps
Folding@home algo    - Miner: F@H       - Watts: 1243 watts - Ampers: 5.4 - 6.1
X11 Scrypt algo        - Miner: SGMINER - Watts: 1010 watts - Ampers: 4.5 - 5.5

Remember, this numbers are based on 6 x GPU cards:

Test equipment
4 x R9 280x Sapphire TOXIC
2 x R9 280x MSI Gamer OC
2 x PSU: 1)1200 watts PSU & 2) 1000 watts PSU

I hope this info will be usefull to others

Some clock speeds and voltages should be added !

I am getting much lower numbers with 1040Mhz @ 0.956 - 0.986V:

4 x R9 280x Rig -

Primecoin -  Primecoin (XPM algo) - Miner: Claymore - Watts: ~800 watts (1200w for 6 x 280x)
Folding@home algo    - Miner: F@H       - Watts: ~550 watts (775w for 6 x 280x)
X11 Scrypt algo        - Miner: SGMINER - Watts: ~500 watts (750w for 6 x 280x)
My account still has o coin on the mining pool, even if I ended 2 works yesterday. You have to wait for a full 24H to have coins/stats on the pool?

Yes be patient
ok, thank you.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
My account still has o coin on the mining pool, even if I ended 2 works yesterday. You have to wait for a full 24H to have coins/stats on the pool?

Yes be patient
Activity: 292
after testing with a watt tester and amps several script algo including Folding@home, this what i find out:

Test equipment
2 x R9 280x MSI Gamer OC

Thank you - great data!

+1 Very helpful!
Activity: 378
Merit: 265
Can we post average coins per Mh on scrypt mining and compare, please?
Mine is 3,47 coins per MH scrypt mining per day.
Activity: 378
Merit: 265
Any idea of estimated profit from the gpu folding. I don't mind helping but I need to at least break even.

Steve

1 7950 = 110k PPD = 3.67 Curecoins a day = $1.84/day = don't know what GPUs or profitability you have so I can't give you better numbers.
This is ridicoulus. What am I doing wrong then?
I am averaging 8 coins per day with 5 x R9 270, or this makes 1.6 coin per card!!
Activity: 294

Test equipment
2 x R9 280x MSI Gamer OC

Thank you - great data!
Activity: 289
O2-Protocol.com Carbon Offset DeFi

Test equipment
2 x R9 280x MSI Gamer OC

I sold all my CURE (100) when it was still at 0.0024 and spent the 0.24 on XC when it was 7k sats last week. I kinda feel dirty but I never stopped folding though lol and I fully expect XC to hit 0.01 or higher within another week or two...and when it does I will be cashing some out and re-investing in CURE (a lot more than I've sold) because I think it has a lot of long-term potential. I think the only problem is that it is still relatively unknown and not enough people are earning/folding for it. Once they do and everyone is only earning a smaller and smaller fraction per day (more rare/better distribution) it will start going places. All it needs is one good news story from a popular source to get it going. By the way when is that conference supposed to take place? If XC gets high enough soon enough I'd like to donate to that.

I am still doing some day trading but I am definitely in Curecoin for the long haul. Hoping to see you reinvest with a lot more money Smiley.

My 0.24 which was worth about $125 at the time is now worth about 7.5 BTC or $4500. I won't be selling any until the price of XC is another 5 to 10 times what it is now (barring some catastrophic event). But yeah do the math...I won't have any problems throwing a btc or two back in to CURE. I also plan to keep on folding too. GPU mining makes no sense any more...it's just a waste of electricity and unnecessary strain on your hardware now IMO.

+1 man, big +1.

Yeah, great return!!!
Activity: 812
I sold all my CURE (100) when it was still at 0.0024 and spent the 0.24 on XC when it was 7k sats last week. I kinda feel dirty but I never stopped folding though lol and I fully expect XC to hit 0.01 or higher within another week or two...and when it does I will be cashing some out and re-investing in CURE (a lot more than I've sold) because I think it has a lot of long-term potential. I think the only problem is that it is still relatively unknown and not enough people are earning/folding for it. Once they do and everyone is only earning a smaller and smaller fraction per day (more rare/better distribution) it will start going places. All it needs is one good news story from a popular source to get it going. By the way when is that conference supposed to take place? If XC gets high enough soon enough I'd like to donate to that.

I am still doing some day trading but I am definitely in Curecoin for the long haul. Hoping to see you reinvest with a lot more money Smiley.

My 0.24 which was worth about $125 at the time is now worth about 7.5 BTC or $4500. I won't be selling any until the price of XC is another 5 to 10 times what it is now (barring some catastrophic event). But yeah do the math...I won't have any problems throwing a btc or two back in to CURE. I also plan to keep on folding too. GPU mining makes no sense any more...it's just a waste of electricity and unnecessary strain on your hardware now IMO.

+1 man, big +1.
I never post here but thought I would add that I requested Curecoin be added to CoinWarz.  Currently we have 13 votes.

http://www.coinwarz.com/voting

Please vote to add Curecoin to CoinWarz.

Interesting - I'll look to see how useful this is because 0.1 BTC~ could easily get us to the top ranks - but I'll at least vote every hour
Jump to: