Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 126. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Except the government figure out that's what people do with XC and they ban it - Bitcoin is running into trouble because of its illegal side and this is a coin that makes it easier for people to do that illegal thing. So then governments ban it and it goes to 0 very very fast.

No single government has the power to ban Bitcoin or XC. I think XC traffic is all encrypted anyway so impossible to ban.. and like Bitcoin it is decentralized but even more so than Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
I'm all for Curecoin, but the implementation IS flawed...devs seem awfully silent and that is not good in the eyes of the public.

There's too much inflation and too little uses for the Curecoins right now, sha256 miners will flock to btc again and the coin won't be secure with PoS alone. Something must be done asap...  Undecided

You guys should check out the IRC channel, there's a lot more activity and day-to-day planning in there. We're working on organizing everything for the Chicago BTC conference, and so are fairly quiet on the forums as we work on figuring out marketing, booth design, demos to show, and getting some other assets organized for the convention.

Hop into IRC (freenode #curecoin) to keep up on the latest development, and to ask us questions and get quick responses Smiley

Stanford's also going to be pushing some changes to the stats system when they roll out ocore, so we'll be fairly busy working on making sure that our end is ready when they start to phase it in.
Activity: 229
I've done a fair amount of thinking about Curecoin to this point and I think the price drop, frankly, is justified. Here are my thoughts and recommendations. The Curecoin team can do as they please. I am not planning on selling any of my coins in the near term but as a large stakeholder, I hope that the community gives this some thought.

• New projects are fundamentally about people. And we know nothing about the Curecoin team. While it's true that the lead dev, Cygnus has outed his real name and Google+ account, that is, for all practical purposes meaningless. The dev page should be updated to reflect resume details about the developers: their skills, and past projects.
  • To date, the developers have done a poor job of communicating with the community. I applaud "lasershunt" for taking on much of this burden, but the devs should be in the forums a minimum of 1-2 hours/day. There are many good & concerning questions from interested parties here, on Reddit & Overclockers, but none are being addressed by offical reps. That is a huge miss.
  • The team needs to surrounds themselves with professional advisors/business development folks who are connected in the industry, can assist in speaking gigs at conferences, and manage PR. These people need to be official on the website to inspire confidence in the press, miners and investors.
  • The big incongruity is that there is an imbalance in the professional aims of the project and the seemingly amateur voices supporting it. Long-term this project will not succeed without the support (and potential integration) of Stanford University/Pande Labs and the team has not inspired the market with confidence that such partnerships are on the horizon (not to mention the comments from Pande Labs that the developers ignored their concerns). Many of the forum voices are well meaning but ultimately misguided. Spending $2,000 on a booth at a conference is probably not the best use of money. Right now the only investments should be made in recruiting phenomenal people to work on the project, and building stronger ties with Pande Labs. I can promise you that if you're able to steal 2-3 devs from Mastercoin, NXT, even coins like XC or whatnot, or find equivalent talent willing to work on Curecoin (and prove their skills) the market will respond very positively.
  • The reason why this matters is that the structure of the coin requires a lot of community trust. There is a reasonable pre-mine (5% including dev & IPO) as well as a centralized distribution plan. Curecoin is a potentially game changing idea - connecting economic benefit to social purpose. But as folding is not encoded into the blockchain, and is not decentralized, much of the market will lose interest. Those who are interested will demand legitimacy and credibility which is what I'm advocating for in this post.
Overall, it's still early, about 2 weeks since release. I do think there are some significant issues, but a lot of upside as well if the team is willing to adapt quickly, accept help from highly qualified people, and re-focus 100% on moving faster than other coin on the market.

Have to agree here. For a 80%+ premined coin the effort put into credibility is just ridiculous. The developer fund was supposed to be used for keeping at least Cygnus him self working with the coin as a full time job but yet after 20 days of the launch I cant see not much being done. No ledger, no developer information (a post in the middle of a long thread kinda doesnt do it), no Mac wallet, no replies to direct questions in the thread, zero marketing etc. Hey, maybe they are currently working on something big and I am unjust here but this is what it looks at the outside to investors and miners (hold vs dump).
The idea was good but so far the execution is less than perfect Roll Eyes Last straw was that the team and F@H guys dont even get along so the Lead dev goes and bashes the coin on reddit making the price fall 4x  Shocked Nice, very proffesional from both sides. Though I admit I agree with jcoffland on a lot of points I dont know what he hoped to achieve there -  his comments directly moved/ will move double digit % of power away from F@H  Roll Eyes

I hold a heap of Curecoins that I earned with folding and hope things will start to move along as this not the first time I am keeping my eye on a coin where Dev inactivity is a big concern and the result has always been the same.... Once the window of opportunity closes and the initial inertia of a new coin is gone there is usually no coming back.
I really hope they sort their sh*t out with jcoffland/Pande/Standford or who ever and we start seeing a bit more activity from the developers.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I'm all for Curecoin, but the implementation IS flawed...devs seem awfully silent and that is not good in the eyes of the public.

There's too much inflation and too little uses for the Curecoins right now, sha256 miners will flock to btc again and the coin won't be secure with PoS alone. Something must be done asap...  Undecided
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
This coin made me rich.

I thought Curecoin would be huge so I got together around $4k and bought as many Curecoins as I could while the price was still 130K satoshis. I sold all my Curecoins for a slightly lower price making a slight loss and invested as much as I could into XC before it took off. I have made 10x on my investment and XC is looking to reach the Darkcoin high of 2.7 million satoshis within a few months.

This would never have happened if I didnt start buying Curecoin on Poloniex.

Commiserations to all those who were left holding the bag with Curecoin or mining it, seems like there is not much market support for this coin until the developers can tell us if they are selling the Curecoin hashing power out to the highest bidder or planning to share the profit with miners and holders via PoW/PoS type bonuses.

I feel like the developers maybe got too greedy due to getting a `large investor` and are too busy looking at how they can profit from their coin rather than their users.

Remember it`s a coin`s community that determine whether it fails or does well. I hope my post is not censored, I am not spreading fud this is my own reasoned opinion. I sold out of Curecoin to buy XC because I saw that is where investors and most miners think the real value is in Crypto. I can see how anonymous coins can be valuable since tax evasion is measured in billions in every major country in the world and practiced by most rich corporations and individuals. We are talking $100s billions in tax evasion per year around the world, then another $100 billion in illegal trade (think weapons and drugs) that will also be using anonymous XC transactions.

I do not agree with tax evasion or illegal activities. But its just a fact that these two things will make XC go to the moon, yet Curecoin doesnt seem to have any plans regarding giving this protein folding reward to the users themselves.

In theory medical research is a billions of dollars industry and if Curecoin was doing what it should be then the devs would be looking to get medical companies to work out a payment system to pay for this folding power asap. But it seems they arent, at least not for miners or coin holders. A lot of people put their money or heart into this coin because they knew it had a practical market and application but the devs dont seem to care anymore.

Yeah sure, after 7 months of dev...

Except the government figure out that's what people do with XC and they ban it - Bitcoin is running into trouble because of its illegal side and this is a coin that makes it easier for people to do that illegal thing. So then governments ban it and it goes to 0 very very fast.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
This coin made me rich.

I thought Curecoin would be huge so I got together around $4k and bought as many Curecoins as I could while the price was still 130K satoshis. I sold all my Curecoins for a slightly lower price making a slight loss and invested as much as I could into XC before it took off. I have made 10x on my investment and XC is looking to reach the Darkcoin high of 2.7 million satoshis within a few months.

Commiserations to all those who were left holding the bag with Curecoin or mining it, seems like there is not much market support for this coin until the developers can tell us if they are selling the Curecoin hashing power out to the highest bidder or planning to share the profit with miners and holders via PoW/PoS type bonuses.

I feel like the developers maybe got too greedy due to getting a `large investor` and are too busy looking at how they can profit from their coin rather than their users.

Remember it`s a coin`s community that determine whether it fails or does well. I hope my post is not censored, I am not spreading fud this is my own reasoned opinion. I sold out of Curecoin to buy XC because I saw that is where investors and most miners think the real value is in Crypto. I can see how anonymous coins can be valuable since tax evasion is measured in billions in every major country in the world and practiced by most rich corporations and individuals. We are talking $100s billions in tax evasion per year around the world, then another $100 billion in illegal trade (think weapons and drugs) that will also be using anonymous XC transactions.

I do not agree with tax evasion or illegal activities. But its just a fact that these two things will make XC go to the moon, yet Curecoin doesnt seem to have any plans regarding giving this protein folding reward to the users themselves.

In theory medical research is a billions of dollars industry and if Curecoin was doing what it should be then the devs would be looking to get medical companies to work out a payment system to pay for this folding power asap. But it seems they arent, at least not for miners or coin holders. A lot of people put their money or heart into this coin because they knew it had a practical market and application but the devs dont seem to care anymore.

Yeah sure, after 7 months of dev...
Activity: 224
This coin made me rich.

Well nice job crashing the coin people.  It's a real shame, i liked the idea of both making money and helping cancer research

Why are you blaming us for crashing the con - we are working on getting back up - we don't just magically control the value of the coins.
Activity: 308
Well nice job crashing the coin people.  It's a real shame, i liked the idea of both making money and helping cancer research
Activity: 196
You BELIEVED there was cheating, and you responded BY cheating.
I would have cheated if I silently voted a lot of times for the entry that I liked most.
I did the opposite of that.

If the rest of the community agrees with you, I'm sure we could try to create a new poll that requires registration. Of course, since someone could make fraudulent registrations, one would assume that THAT wouldn't count either.

If you have a specific type of security for a poll in mind, please do share. Perhaps the community will agree that we should start over.
If you have constructive advice on the poll, we're all ears.
I already wrote about such type of security a couple of pages above.
Just use this thread for voting, limit to ones registered before yesterday.
Activity: 75
(And stop telling others to cheat, dude. What do you think this is?)
I started talking about cheating when I saw it. You basicly told me that you're fine with it, so I don't see what's your point.

You BELIEVED there was cheating, and you responded BY cheating.

If the rest of the community agrees with you, I'm sure we could try to create a new poll that requires registration. Of course, since someone could make fraudulent registrations, one would assume that THAT wouldn't count either.

If you have a specific type of security for a poll in mind, please do share. Perhaps the community will agree that we should start over.

If you have similar childish security measures within the rest of your team/development, it'd make me cry.

I feel the need to remind you that I am the webmaster of CureCoin.net, not a developer of CureCoin. The coin's security is not in my hands, nor should it be. I'm just hosting the poll for a community's Logo design contest, something created, implemented, and funded by the community. It's great that you had feedback on the poll; less great that you assumed there was cheating, so instead cheated yourself to "make a point" before I had ever seen the first message. If you have constructive advice on the poll, we're all ears.
There were votes added later for DNA man, which I left. You have no way of knowing if you were the only voter.
It's me who voted these two times after the initial 10 minute 'testing' interval. Are these two votes fraudulent now?

You only assume that all votes for mmihail - Silver Caduceus are all fraudulent, for some reason,
I told you my reasons. Please reread my post.
Also, I didn't assume that ALL votes were fraudulent.
Moreover, you failed to specify what a fraudulent vote is.
I just don't know where to start...
This forum is about cryptocurrencies. Once agan, CRYPTOcurrencies.
If you think that you're fine with such childish security measures during this logo contest, it just makes me laugh.
If you have similar childish security measures within the rest of your team/development, it'd make me cry.

I started talking about cheating when I saw it. You basicly told me that you're fine with it, so I don't see what's your point.

Remember that this is a community poll for a logo, not a national vote
Just wow. I just feel bad for all thoses who spent their time on logo designs.
Also, I have invested a lot in CureCoin. A pathetic logo reduces the value of my holdings.
Activity: 101
so we are over 100 pages...surely this means the price will go up now....right?  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061
Smile
Vote for me please

You can do it yourself man.
Google 'anonymizer' and you're good to go. Just don't submit a lot of votes within a small period of time.
Also don't use the ones from 1-2 pages of results - most of them've been "used" already.

no thanks i always hope to win these competitions by my design work

if the design does not speak for itself and to the community, i believe my design does not warrant being the logo for cure coin

Activity: 75
Thanks for "proving your point" by knowingly exploiting the system and skewing the results. That's very helpful. You've done a good thing.

/s

Edit: I am able to see a full log of votes, by the way. Fraudulent votes are fairly easy to spot, and can be dealt with.
Yes, my fraudulent votes are easy to spot - they are within 10 minute window.
Are you sure you can remove all all other fraudulent votes?
Moreover, how you determine what is a valid vote? I'm with 2 ISPs + 2 cellular operators. My rigs are in two different places: 2 ISPs + 2 cellular ops.
It totals to 8 different IPs. Which of them would be fraudulent?

Edit: You removed all the votes for "DNA Man", except 2 (which are also mine, i.e. fraudulent)
Votes for "mmihail - Silver Caduceus" are pretty much all fraudulent, but you're unable to see it.

Well, I hope that your team's attitude regarding "exploits" differs from yours. Otherwise we have a huge problem here.

There were votes added later for DNA man, which I left. You have no way of knowing if you were the only voter. You only assume that all votes for mmihail - Silver Caduceus are all fraudulent, for some reason, but again you have no access to the data. I have access to the direct information. I'll do my best to spot fraudulent votes and keep good ones.

Remember that this is a community poll for a logo, not a national vote. The security preparations are minimal, but not nonexistent. If there is sufficient fraud because people can't restrain themselves, either to cheat OR "prove a point," I'm sure we can scrap the poll entirely, put on crowns and robes of the finest kind, and decree a winner from upon a golden throne which we will rent for the purpose.

I'd rather not though. Everyone act like adults with consciences and I'm sure we can get through the next few days fine.

Vote for me please

You can do it yourself man.
Google 'anonymizer' and you're good to go. Just don't submit a lot of votes within a small period of time.
Also don't use the ones from 1-2 pages of results - most of them've been "used" already.
The problem with this coin is that there is no reason to buy it. You can't actually DO anything with this coin except exchange it for btc. Therefore the only reason people would have to buy it is if the price were going up, which it isn't. And the price will only go up if people are buying it. It's a catch 22. I suppose this is the problem for most of the alts until they get so big that you can exchange them directly for USD, and then the price stabilizes.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what the solution is.

The good thing about this coin is that buying it supports cancer research so it does have some buy appeal for people that want to be charitable, but don't have the computer know-how or the video cards to fold themselves. But how many people in that category are on exchanges trading crypto alts? My guess is the number is close to zero. The anonymous transfers do seem to be the hot thing right now but it doesn't really make sense for curecoin. People using curecoin because it's anonymous so that they can use it to make shady or illegal transactions would be counter-productive for the image of the coin.

Mobile wallets and debit cards would make it useful as a currency and a lot of alts seem to be trying to go this route. Also getting merchants to accept it as payment. These are the only two things I can see that would reverse the trend of this coin for the long-term. In the short term it also just needs more exposure because I think a lot of people just don't know about it and overlook it. The lower the price goes though the harder it will be to get miners to point their rigs at folding. They are in it for profit so folding has to be more profitable than mining. Asics being developed for other mining algo's helps in a roundabout way, not by increasing the profitability of folding, but by making the profitability of mining all other coins decrease.

Are there any plans/ideas for getting more buy support for this coin? I like this conference idea. Is there anyone that can tell me when the conference takes place and the cut-off date for donations?

I think we need to build an exchange that allows to to exchange directly with USD. The anonymous transactions are big but I agree we shouldn't do this. We should focus on increasing profitability - I'm in between on the conference, it could be great if handled correctly but with how little the devs have done any marketing I doubt it will be as of now. We should focus on getting some merchants.

I've done a fair amount of thinking about Curecoin to this point and I think the price drop, frankly, is justified. Here are my thoughts and recommendations. The Curecoin team can do as they please. I am not planning on selling any of my coins in the near term but as a large stakeholder, I hope that the community gives this some thought.

• New projects are fundamentally about people. And we know nothing about the Curecoin team. While it's true that the lead dev, Cygnus has outed his real name and Google+ account, that is, for all practical purposes meaningless. The dev page should be updated to reflect resume details about the developers: their skills, and past projects.
  • To date, the developers have done a poor job of communicating with the community. I applaud "lasershunt" for taking on much of this burden, but the devs should be in the forums a minimum of 1-2 hours/day. There are many good & concerning questions from interested parties here, on Reddit & Overclockers, but none are being addressed by offical reps. That is a huge miss.
  • The team needs to surrounds themselves with professional advisors/business development folks who are connected in the industry, can assist in speaking gigs at conferences, and manage PR. These people need to be official on the website to inspire confidence in the press, miners and investors.
  • The big incongruity is that there is an imbalance in the professional aims of the project and the seemingly amateur voices supporting it. Long-term this project will not succeed without the support (and potential integration) of Stanford University/Pande Labs and the team has not inspired the market with confidence that such partnerships are on the horizon (not to mention the comments from Pande Labs that the developers ignored their concerns). Many of the forum voices are well meaning but ultimately misguided. Spending $2,000 on a booth at a conference is probably not the best use of money. Right now the only investments should be made in recruiting phenomenal people to work on the project, and building stronger ties with Pande Labs. I can promise you that if you're able to steal 2-3 devs from Mastercoin, NXT, even coins like XC or whatnot, or find equivalent talent willing to work on Curecoin (and prove their skills) the market will respond very positively.
  • The reason why this matters is that the structure of the coin requires a lot of community trust. There is a reasonable pre-mine (5% including dev & IPO) as well as a centralized distribution plan. Curecoin is a potentially game changing idea - connecting economic benefit to social purpose. But as folding is not encoded into the blockchain, and is not decentralized, much of the market will lose interest. Those who are interested will demand legitimacy and credibility which is what I'm advocating for in this post.
Overall, it's still early, about 2 weeks since release. I do think there are some significant issues, but a lot of upside as well if the team is willing to adapt quickly, accept help from highly qualified people, and re-focus 100% on moving faster than other coin on the market.

I agree I would like to see what the devs are doing especially with the dev funds that they have said would be used for marketing. I'm kind of bummed out because I purchased a few hundred at 10x the current price but that's my fault - I still believe in the long term it will rise above this. In the mean time I will build myself up a nice stock pile at the low price. However, I agree we need to get active devs.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061
Smile
Thanks for "proving your point" by knowingly exploiting the system and skewing the results. That's very helpful. You've done a good thing.

/s

Edit: I am able to see a full log of votes, by the way. Fraudulent votes are fairly easy to spot, and can be dealt with.
Yes, my fraudulent votes are easy to spot - they are within 10 minute window.
Are you sure you can remove all all other fraudulent votes?
Moreover, how you determine what is a valid vote? I'm with 2 ISPs + 2 cellular operators. My rigs are in two different places: 2 ISPs + 2 cellular ops.
It totals to 8 different IPs. Which of them would be fraudulent?

Vote for me please

Vote Now!

my wife asked me to post this and bolster my submission

great logo that is warm and friendly appeals to women and children as well, feedback I have received is that the kids adore it

Jump to: