Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 127. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Thanks for "proving your point" by knowingly exploiting the system and skewing the results. That's very helpful. You've done a good thing.

/s

Edit: I am able to see a full log of votes, by the way. Fraudulent votes are fairly easy to spot, and can be dealt with.
Yes, my fraudulent votes are easy to spot - they are within 10 minute window.
Are you sure you can remove all all other fraudulent votes?
Moreover, how do you determine what is a valid vote? I'm with 2 ISPs + 2 cellular operators. Our rigs are in two different places: 2 ISPs + 2 cellular ops.
It totals to 8 different IPs. Which of them would be fraudulent?

Edit: You removed all the votes for "DNA Man", except 2 (which are also mine, i.e. fraudulent)
Votes for "mmihail - Silver Caduceus" are pretty much all fraudulent, but you're unable to see it.

Well, I hope that your team's attitude regarding "exploits" differs from yours. Otherwise we have a huge problem here.
Activity: 87
Merit: 2
I've done a fair amount of thinking about Curecoin to this point and I think the price drop, frankly, is justified. Here are my thoughts and recommendations. The Curecoin team can do as they please. I am not planning on selling any of my coins in the near term but as a large stakeholder, I hope that the community gives this some thought.

• New projects are fundamentally about people. And we know nothing about the Curecoin team. While it's true that the lead dev, Cygnus has outed his real name and Google+ account, that is, for all practical purposes meaningless. The dev page should be updated to reflect resume details about the developers: their skills, and past projects.
  • To date, the developers have done a poor job of communicating with the community. I applaud "lasershunt" for taking on much of this burden, but the devs should be in the forums a minimum of 1-2 hours/day. There are many good & concerning questions from interested parties here, on Reddit & Overclockers, but none are being addressed by offical reps. That is a huge miss.
  • The team needs to surrounds themselves with professional advisors/business development folks who are connected in the industry, can assist in speaking gigs at conferences, and manage PR. These people need to be official on the website to inspire confidence in the press, miners and investors.
  • The big incongruity is that there is an imbalance in the professional aims of the project and the seemingly amateur voices supporting it. Long-term this project will not succeed without the support (and potential integration) of Stanford University/Pande Labs and the team has not inspired the market with confidence that such partnerships are on the horizon (not to mention the comments from Pande Labs that the developers ignored their concerns). Many of the forum voices are well meaning but ultimately misguided. Spending $2,000 on a booth at a conference is probably not the best use of money. Right now the only investments should be made in recruiting phenomenal people to work on the project, and building stronger ties with Pande Labs. I can promise you that if you're able to steal 2-3 devs from Mastercoin, NXT, even coins like XC or whatnot, or find equivalent talent willing to work on Curecoin (and prove their skills) the market will respond very positively.
  • The reason why this matters is that the structure of the coin requires a lot of community trust. There is a reasonable pre-mine (5% including dev & IPO) as well as a centralized distribution plan. Curecoin is a potentially game changing idea - connecting economic benefit to social purpose. But as folding is not encoded into the blockchain, and is not decentralized, much of the market will lose interest. Those who are interested will demand legitimacy and credibility which is what I'm advocating for in this post.
Overall, it's still early, about 2 weeks since release. I do think there are some significant issues, but a lot of upside as well if the team is willing to adapt quickly, accept help from highly qualified people, and re-focus 100% on moving faster than other coin on the market.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
The problem with this coin is that there is no reason to buy it. You can't actually DO anything with this coin except exchange it for btc. Therefore the only reason people would have to buy it is if the price were going up, which it isn't. And the price will only go up if people are buying it. It's a catch 22. I suppose this is the problem for most of the alts until they get so big that you can exchange them directly for USD, and then the price stabilizes.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what the solution is.

The good thing about this coin is that buying it supports cancer research so it does have some buy appeal for people that want to be charitable, but don't have the computer know-how or the video cards to fold themselves. But how many people in that category are on exchanges trading crypto alts? My guess is the number is close to zero. The anonymous transfers do seem to be the hot thing right now but it doesn't really make sense for curecoin. People using curecoin because it's anonymous so that they can use it to make shady or illegal transactions would be counter-productive for the image of the coin.

Mobile wallets and debit cards would make it useful as a currency and a lot of alts seem to be trying to go this route. Also getting merchants to accept it as payment. These are the only two things I can see that would reverse the trend of this coin for the long-term. In the short term it also just needs more exposure because I think a lot of people just don't know about it and overlook it. The lower the price goes though the harder it will be to get miners to point their rigs at folding. They are in it for profit so folding has to be more profitable than mining. Asics being developed for other mining algo's helps in a roundabout way, not by increasing the profitability of folding, but by making the profitability of mining all other coins decrease.

Are there any plans/ideas for getting more buy support for this coin? I like this conference idea. Is there anyone that can tell me when the conference takes place and the cut-off date for donations?

The first step is to get rid of the SHA-256 mining component of Curecoin. It makes the price susceptible to multipool dumping. Leaving the folders holding the bag. Why can't we secure the network with proof of stake?
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
It's time to Vote for the New Logo. Cast your vote now!

See360 - Rx in the lead... most horrible logo IMO. Must be the haters voting for that and want to see curecoin gone.

That rx styling is trademarked by rehab

It's worth noting that whatever wins, we'll do some due-diligence to make sure there are no issues with copyright/trademark/etc. The user-selected winner isn't necessarily guaranteed if there's a problem with using it.

Not super likely, but worth noting.
Anonymous voting was a bad idea.
mmihail - "Silver Caduceus" design had ~15% an hour ago. Right now it has 33%.
How about re-voting on another platform. e.g. right here in the thread?

FWIW, I voted for "See360 - Rx".

EDIT:
Spent 10 minutes to prove my point and voted the ugliest design (DNA Man) into into first place.

Thanks for "proving your point" by knowingly exploiting the system and skewing the results. That's very helpful. You've done a good thing.

/s

Edit: I am able to see a full log of votes, by the way. Fraudulent votes are fairly easy to spot, and can be dealt with.
Activity: 430
Merit: 254
The problem with this coin is that there is no reason to buy it. You can't actually DO anything with this coin except exchange it for btc. Therefore the only reason people would have to buy it is if the price were going up, which it isn't. And the price will only go up if people are buying it. It's a catch 22. I suppose this is the problem for most of the alts until they get so big that you can exchange them directly for USD, and then the price stabilizes.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what the solution is.

The good thing about this coin is that buying it supports cancer research so it does have some buy appeal for people that want to be charitable, but don't have the computer know-how or the video cards to fold themselves. But how many people in that category are on exchanges trading crypto alts? My guess is the number is close to zero. The anonymous transfers do seem to be the hot thing right now but it doesn't really make sense for curecoin. People using curecoin because it's anonymous so that they can use it to make shady or illegal transactions would be counter-productive for the image of the coin.

Mobile wallets and debit cards would make it useful as a currency and a lot of alts seem to be trying to go this route. Also getting merchants to accept it as payment. These are the only two things I can see that would reverse the trend of this coin for the long-term. In the short term it also just needs more exposure because I think a lot of people just don't know about it and overlook it. The lower the price goes though the harder it will be to get miners to point their rigs at folding. They are in it for profit so folding has to be more profitable than mining. Asics being developed for other mining algo's helps in a roundabout way, not by increasing the profitability of folding, but by making the profitability of mining all other coins decrease.

Are there any plans/ideas for getting more buy support for this coin? I like this conference idea. Is there anyone that can tell me when the conference takes place and the cut-off date for donations?
The fact that I still did not got any coins appearing on the pool after 2 days started to bother me a little.
No answer to my tickets on the pool either (even if they probaly did not work on sunday)
Hey boubou, what's your F@H username?
Hi, my username is "boudje"
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Lets get on cryptsy - like + comment here:
https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/4000277225

And vote here every hour:
http://www.coinwarz.com/voting

Vote (requries trade history):
https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Subscribe:
http://www.reddit.com/r/curecoin

email: admin [at] mail [dot] bter [dot] com  
- request they add Curecoin

Why? do we need more places do dump CURE?

No - but getting it on these exchanges shows the coin to more people and can help get us more volume versus the relatively small exchanges we are currently at.
Activity: 112

Subscribe:

Why? do we need more places do dump CURE?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Any idea of estimated profit from the gpu folding. I don't mind helping but I need to at least break even.

Steve

1 7950 = 110k PPD = 3.67 Curecoins a day = $1.84/day = don't know what GPUs or profitability you have so I can't give you better numbers.
This is ridicoulus. What am I doing wrong then?
I am averaging 8 coins per day with 5 x R9 270, or this makes 1.6 coin per card!!

I need more info than this - what numbers are you getting in PPD for each of those 270s.
Between 50k and 60k. Rather 60k.
7950 >  R9 270

I'm getting 88000 PPD for 2 x 7790 with 14.6 drivers. Don't think that You're off track.
Thank you. 7950 makes 650 khs while r9 270 makes 475. This is a rough 50% difference so if you make 88K PPD this is OK. However, I am still thinking that both of us might off track, because someone else with 7950 stated he was making 110K PPD.

That was probably me - my 7950 runs stably between 100k PPD and 120k PPD. It was at 130k PPD earlier but too many failed work units. However, keep in mind that the difference for scrypt mining won't be the same for folding because their are additional factors. If I could afford it I would get my hands on a 270 to do more testing but as of now 60 each is decent. Especially with 5 I would guess their are some heating issues that lead to some downclocking versus my 1 card. You could try going to the official folding forums to see if  they have any advice.
Well, it is still strange then as the other guy with 7950 is getting only 80K. Are you using an Intel CPU? Mine is AMD.

Yes Intel i5-4670
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
CURECOIN prices:

Last: 0.00042301  High: 0.00144499  Low: 0.00042

from 0.0014 to 0.0004 its over 60%... and keep falling, folding is not profitable with this coin.... F@H should switch coin for folding, this is not working

No idea what you're proposing at all.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
The fact that I still did not got any coins appearing on the pool after 2 days started to bother me a little.
No answer to my tickets on the pool either (even if they probaly did not work on sunday)
Hey boubou, what's your F@H username?
Activity: 289
O2-Protocol.com Carbon Offset DeFi
CURECOIN prices:

Last: 0.00042301  High: 0.00144499  Low: 0.00042

from 0.0014 to 0.0004 its over 60%... and keep falling, folding is not profitable with this coin.... F@H should switch coin for folding, this is not working
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

Which pool?  The folding pool generally takes 48 hours to catch up to start with.  And then after that updates once every 24 hours.
Make sure your folding name on F@H and your pool name are identical or your points will get lost.

Edit:

And yes, I and everyone else would love it if they WOULD UPDATE THE POOL INFO to reflect this.
Activity: 96
Input to DEV team:

HOT feature:
I find this to be really hot feature to a coin: anonymous functions/transactions. Its the beginning of a new trend with cross-blockchain transaction anonymity.
That are a reason for people to trade with curecoin if we have this feature.

What do you think?

See360 - Rx in the lead... most horrible logo IMO. Must be the haters voting for that and want to see curecoin gone.

It's worth noting that whatever wins, we'll do some due-diligence to make sure there are no issues with copyright/trademark/etc. The user-selected winner isn't necessarily guaranteed if there's a problem with using it.

Anonymous voting was a bad idea.
mmihail - "Silver Caduceus" design had ~15% an hour ago. Right now it has 33%.
How about re-voting on another platform. e.g. right here in the thread?

FWIW, I voted for "See360 - Rx".

EDIT:
Spent 10 minutes to prove my point and voted the ugliest design (DNA Man) into into first place.
Activity: 75

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Subscribe:

Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
Any idea of estimated profit from the gpu folding. I don't mind helping but I need to at least break even.

Steve

1 7950 = 110k PPD = 3.67 Curecoins a day = $1.84/day = don't know what GPUs or profitability you have so I can't give you better numbers.
This is ridicoulus. What am I doing wrong then?
I am averaging 8 coins per day with 5 x R9 270, or this makes 1.6 coin per card!!

I need more info than this - what numbers are you getting in PPD for each of those 270s.
Between 50k and 60k. Rather 60k.
7950 >  R9 270

I'm getting 88000 PPD for 2 x 7790 with 14.6 drivers. Don't think that You're off track.
Thank you. 7950 makes 650 khs while r9 270 makes 475. This is a rough 50% difference so if you make 88K PPD this is OK. However, I am still thinking that both of us might off track, because someone else with 7950 stated he was making 110K PPD.

That was probably me - my 7950 runs stably between 100k PPD and 120k PPD. It was at 130k PPD earlier but too many failed work units. However, keep in mind that the difference for scrypt mining won't be the same for folding because their are additional factors. If I could afford it I would get my hands on a 270 to do more testing but as of now 60 each is decent. Especially with 5 I would guess their are some heating issues that lead to some downclocking versus my 1 card. You could try going to the official folding forums to see if  they have any advice.
Well, it is still strange then as the other guy with 7950 is getting only 80K. Are you using an Intel CPU? Mine is AMD.

I did not mention my 7950 but two 7790. Indeed my 7950 is stable at 91-96K PPD with 14.4 drivers and no overclock. Actually it is also rock stable at core on 975 MHz so I can't explain why I'm on factory 925. Maybe because of too many people asking what to do when stucked on 99,99%?  Huh
Jump to: