Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 164. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 229
Merit: 100
Is Stanford struggling to feed us enough work  Grin ?
I see quite a lot of my cards behind different connections waiting for work to be downloaded over a long period now.
How reliable are Stanfords servers historically anyway ?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
sound good and promising coin, what is your next step ?
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
I can only think of a few more things that I do, that may or may not help. Make sure crossfire is turned off, disable ULPS in afterburner or in the REG. Check the core clocks, and make sure they are not throttling. Are all your Mobos the same? Check gpuz and see if they are not stuck in pci-e 1 mode. If you are using risers, maybe try swapping them. I am reaching, but i know how frustrating it is to troubleshoot. Cry

Well after thinking about what Vorksholk said I realized since the GPU's are the same the WU's should be fine even if I move cards in the middle of work so I swapped the cards between two machines.  Ironically, the cards that were running at half speed now run at full speed and the cards that where running at full speed are now running at half speed.  Clearly the issue isn't with the GPU's.

So I suspected it had to be the PCI settings on the motherboard but GPU-Z shows both machines are set to PCI-E 3.  Crossfire is off on those machines, ULPS is disabled and the clock speeds seem to stay at 940 which is where I have them set.  The GPU's are placed directly on the motherboards so there are no risers.

I really have no idea what else it can be at this point.  I'm wondering if I have a bad motherboard.  All the motherboards are the same as well.  Actually every component is identical in the computers.

Can you post a log with some complete WU's ? What's your GPU utilization like ?
Cosmetically I have the same thing with some of my rigs - only giving 50% of expected PPD and nothing helps. But the GPU's are working away at ~95% utilization so it seems to be a glitch in the F@H software.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I can only think of a few more things that I do, that may or may not help. Make sure crossfire is turned off, disable ULPS in afterburner or in the REG. Check the core clocks, and make sure they are not throttling. Are all your Mobos the same? Check gpuz and see if they are not stuck in pci-e 1 mode. If you are using risers, maybe try swapping them. I am reaching, but i know how frustrating it is to troubleshoot. Cry

Well after thinking about what Vorksholk said I realized since the GPU's are the same the WU's should be fine even if I move cards in the middle of work so I swapped the cards between two machines.  Ironically, the cards that were running at half speed now run at full speed and the cards that where running at full speed are now running at half speed.  Clearly the issue isn't with the GPU's.

So I suspected it had to be the PCI settings on the motherboard but GPU-Z shows both machines are set to PCI-E 3.  Crossfire is off on those machines, ULPS is disabled and the clock speeds seem to stay at 940 which is where I have them set.  The GPU's are placed directly on the motherboards so there are no risers.

I really have no idea what else it can be at this point.  I'm wondering if I have a bad motherboard.  All the motherboards are the same as well.  Actually every component is identical in the computers.

Still sounds like a hardware issue so I'm going with your mobo is busted somewhere.
Activity: 292
Merit: 250

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I'll keep an eye on that coin - it seems very interesting.
Activity: 756
I have 6 million points and 2 curecoins

is that correct?

Maybe.  If you put a massive amount of power on folding in the last day or so, it's quite possible that all that got recorded for the daily snapshot was enough points to earn you 2 coins.  You'll make up the difference in the next payout, since it does a delta between "today" and "yesterday" to figure out your daily points.

That's all assuming that you're folding for the right team (224497) with all your rigs/bots, and that the username you used on CryptoBullion matches what you use to fold.

i'm only mining on my PC. it looks like i have earnt 6 million in total

username Mafia

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=657030

Looks like you have earned 136k over the course of a week, ranging from 5k to 50k per day.

Your numbers are really off. How did you come up with a figure of 6 million?
Activity: 294
Price consistently going up after the investor coins have been released and their has been no massive dump - those who wanted to sell did and everyone else is holding for the long term.

Looking forward to seeing where this coin is going! The true 3.0 currency.

Also guys, remember to vote for the coin on mintpal https://www.mintpal.com/voting
Activity: 48
Looks like I'm going to need a little help with one of my computers.  Apparently the GPU's in one of my computers are  producing half the expected PPD.  I had mentioned this a few days ago and was going to rebuild it from scratch which I have done.  Then I slowed down the GPU's to avoid WU that were essentially crashing.  Then I let it run for a couple of days and timed it's work units compared to the computers next to it who's GPU's are running at the same speeds and one particular computer is indeed running at half normal speed and I have no idea why.

The hardware is actually identical to five other computers in that room and the GPU's in the others computers are running at twice the speed (in terms of PPD) of the computer in question.  The reporting has been extremely consistent but I am puzzled as to why.  All the computers in that room are running two R9 290X TRIX GPU's and it is only the GPU's that are showing half the speed.  All the computers are using Catalyst 14.4 drivers.

I know many will suspect the GPU's are being bottle necked.  Each machine has a I7 4770K and I'm only using one core to fold and there are only two R9 290X TRIX GPU's in the computer.  CPU utilization is only at 14% and that is consistent across all the computers.  All the other computers are set up the exact same way and don't seem to have an issue.  I've also checked GPU-Z and even though the GPU's are being half as productive as the other GPU's in the other computers they are still showing 100% utilization.

Also I'm using F@H client 7.4.4 on all computers.

Any ideas?

I also have 290x's running on 14.4's. I had to downclock two of them to 947 core, to get them to fold consistantly. At 1000 core, they would fold, but only do about 40,000 PPD, at 947 they do 150,000 PPd a day. I run 4 290x's on one machine with a 4770k. It prob has a bottleneck, but I get more PPD with the four, rather then 3. You might try downclocking them and see if it has any effect.

I had similar issues and have them all downclocked to 940 core now.  That speed is set on all 15 of them.

I know it's obvious, but make sure your slider is moved into the full position. It is the only thing I can think of.

That was actually the first thing I checked because I thought it had to be it.  Unfortunately, it wasn't.  The slider is in the full position and I even reinstalled the client once when I rebuilt the machine.

Ironically when I rebuilt the machine I also rebuilt the machine next to it from the same image.  I only have the issue on the one machine.  I may have to swap GPU's from another machine tomorrow just to see what happens.  I can see one GPU acting weird but two at the same time just seems odd.

I forgot to respond to the WU type.  They are 0x17.

Looks like I'm going to need a little help with one of my computers.  Apparently the GPU's in one of my computers are  producing half the expected PPD.  I had mentioned this a few days ago and was going to rebuild it from scratch which I have done.  Then I slowed down the GPU's to avoid WU that were essentially crashing.  Then I let it run for a couple of days and timed it's work units compared to the computers next to it who's GPU's are running at the same speeds and one particular computer is indeed running at half normal speed and I have no idea why.

The hardware is actually identical to five other computers in that room and the GPU's in the others computers are running at twice the speed (in terms of PPD) of the computer in question.  The reporting has been extremely consistent but I am puzzled as to why.  All the computers in that room are running two R9 290X TRIX GPU's and it is only the GPU's that are showing half the speed.  All the computers are using Catalyst 14.4 drivers.

I know many will suspect the GPU's are being bottle necked.  Each machine has a I7 4770K and I'm only using one core to fold and there are only two R9 290X TRIX GPU's in the computer.  CPU utilization is only at 14% and that is consistent across all the computers.  All the other computers are set up the exact same way and don't seem to have an issue.  I've also checked GPU-Z and even though the GPU's are being half as productive as the other GPU's in the other computers they are still showing 100% utilization.

Any ideas?

I also have 290x's running on 14.4's. I had to downclock two of them to 947 core, to get them to fold consistantly. At 1000 core, they would fold, but only do about 40,000 PPD, at 947 they do 150,000 PPd a day. I run 4 290x's on one machine with a 4770k. It prob has a bottleneck, but I get more PPD with the four, rather then 3. You might try downclocking them and see if it has any effect.

I had similar issues and have them all downclocked to 940 core now.  That speed is set on all 15 of them.

I know it's obvious, but make sure your slider is moved into the full position. It is the only thing I can think of.

That was actually the first thing I checked because I thought it had to be it.  Unfortunately, it wasn't.  The slider is in the full position and I even reinstalled the client once when I rebuilt the machine.

Ironically when I rebuilt the machine I also rebuilt the machine next to it from the same image.  I only have the issue on the one machine.  I may have to swap GPU's from another machine tomorrow just to see what happens.  I can see one GPU acting weird but two at the same time just seems odd.

I forgot to respond to the WU type.  They are 0x17.

Any ideas?

I know it's obvious, but make sure your slider is moved into the full position. It is the only thing I can think of. Also check the work units on the slow computer and make sure they are 0x17 WU's.

Any ideas?

I had similar issues and have them all downclocked to 940 core now.  That speed is set on all 15 of them.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Have you tried switching out the GPUs in that system with the ones in another system?

I swapped the GPU's around in the same computer but I have not moved them to a different computer.  I didn't want to lose the WU or have the down time while waiting to sync them up.  Although that would be a good next step.  I was hoping it was something obvious I was missing since I'm new to this.   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

The hardware is actually identical to five other computers in that room and the GPU's in the others computers are running at twice the speed of the computer in question.  The reporting has been extremely consistent but I am puzzled as to why.  All the computers in that room are running two R9 290X TRIX GPU's and it is only the GPU's that are showing half the speed.  All the computers are using Catalyst 14.4 drivers.

Any ideas?

Have you tried switching out the GPUs in that system with the ones in another system?

Any ideas?
Activity: 532
pool.terahashers.com

Dedicated pool server with VARDIFF, using the PROP (proportional) reward system.
No need to register. Just use your wallet address as username!

stratum+tcp://pool.terahashers.com:5008 -u -p

Please join, and let me know if you have any problems!

For a limited period of time miners with high hashrates can win a prize in my pool.
Check it out!
Activity: 711
I don't believe it's true,True 3.0 crypto
Activity: 817
Merit: 1000
Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com
So now that investors have received their coins and the price didn't crash, the market has relaxed and prices are climbing again.
Activity: 430
Merit: 254
I have 6 million points and 2 curecoins

is that correct?

Maybe.  If you put a massive amount of power on folding in the last day or so, it's quite possible that all that got recorded for the daily snapshot was enough points to earn you 2 coins.  You'll make up the difference in the next payout, since it does a delta between "today" and "yesterday" to figure out your daily points.

That's all assuming that you're folding for the right team (224497) with all your rigs/bots, and that the username you used on CryptoBullion matches what you use to fold.

i'm only mining on my PC. it looks like i have earnt 6 million in total

username Mafia

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=657030

Looks like you have earned 136k over the course of a week, ranging from 5k to 50k per day.
Jump to: