Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 166. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 292
Merit: 250
just don't know why ,this coin is so valuable ,can not buy for it

The reason any coin has value is because people believe it does.  At least with this coin we can definitively say real valuable work was done in order to earn a coin and that work will in fact have a value when looked at from a macro point-of-view.

A big factor would also be for investing as a donation. Each curecoin represents a certain amount of research done which at this point 1 curecoin represents 30,000 folding @ home points. Therefore, if you want to help cure cancer but don't want to have a rig by buying say 3000 curecoin you are funding 100 million F@H points which means you are funding that much research being done. This was another angle I was thinking of it being marketed as.

I like the idea.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Who working on the Curecoin website btw?

I've completed (and with the team) just launched www.CureCoin.net.

I hope it's a valuable resource for everyone. If there is anything to add, remove, edit, etc. please come find us on IRC - I'm usually there, and when I'm not you can PM me with feedback.

Great!  Nice knowledge base + stats and nice design overall. 

I'm not sure if "The Cure for the Common Crypto Currency" is a very informative tag line.  Maybe something like "Help Cure diseases with your PC + Earn money" or the other way round "Earn money while Helping Cure Disease" or "Earn money while Helping Cure Disease with your Computer" or "Get paid to run scientific research software" or "Get paid to run scientific research software on your PC" or "Let your computer work for science, get paid" or "Set your PC to work for science + get paid."

Maybe something like "get rewarded for helping cure disease with your computer!"

Yep that's the kind of thing I'm thinking but I don't know why we need to 'tip toe' around the fact Curecoin is a form of money (whether it's legally defined as such or not), why can't we just call it earning money or getting paid seeing as that's what it is?  That would keep people interested much more effectively.

I think "getting money" is the wrong approach though. Getting rewarded is better, as it helps outline the fact that you get something; whether you view that as coins or cash is up to you. Pushing the monetary aspect just makes it seem scammy.

Yeah I get where you're coming from, but 'rewards' can often be worthless, e.g. I get texted a to collect "rewards" for topping up my phone but I don't even bother because they're crappy worthless rewards.  At least with when the term "money" or "get paid" is used you know it has value.  Maybe talking about it in terms of rewards is better I'm not sure, but I would think unless there's a legal reason preventing us from talking about Curecoins like they are money then calling it money would be more effective.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

I hope it's a valuable resource for everyone. If there is anything to add, remove, edit, etc. please come find us on IRC - I'm usually there, and when I'm not you can PM me with feedback.

I'm not sure if "The Cure for the Common Crypto Currency" is a very informative tag line.  Maybe something like "Help Cure diseases with your PC + Earn money" or the other way round "Earn money while Helping Cure Disease" or "Earn money while Helping Cure Disease with your Computer" or "Get paid to run scientific research software" or "Get paid to run scientific research software on your PC" or "Let your computer work for science, get paid" or "Set your PC to work for science + get paid."

Maybe something like "get rewarded for helping cure disease with your computer!"

Yep that's the kind of thing I'm thinking but I don't know why we need to 'tip toe' around the fact Curecoin is a form of money (whether it's legally defined as such or not), why can't we just call it earning money or getting paid seeing as that's what it is?  That would keep people interested much more effectively.

I think "getting money" is the wrong approach though. Getting rewarded is better, as it helps outline the fact that you get something; whether you view that as coins or cash is up to you. Pushing the monetary aspect just makes it seem scammy.

Great!  Nice knowledge base + stats and nice design overall.  

I'm not sure if "The Cure for the Common Crypto Currency" is a very informative tag line.  Maybe something like "Help Cure diseases with your PC + Earn money" or the other way round "Earn money while Helping Cure Disease" or "Earn money while Helping Cure Disease with your Computer" or "Get paid to run scientific research software" or "Get paid to run scientific research software on your PC" or "Let your computer work for science, get paid" or "Set your PC to work for science + get paid."

Yep that's the kind of thing I'm thinking but I don't know why we need to 'tip toe' around the fact Curecoin is a form of money (whether it's legally defined as such or not), why can't we just call it earning money or getting paid seeing as that's what it is?  That would keep people interested much more effectively.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

Great!  Nice knowledge base + stats and nice design overall.  

I'm not sure if "The Cure for the Common Crypto Currency" is a very informative tag line.  Maybe something like "Help Cure diseases with your PC + Earn money" or the other way round "Earn money while Helping Cure Disease" or "Earn money while Helping Cure Disease with your Computer" or "Get paid to run scientific research software" or "Get paid to run scientific research software on your PC" or "Let your computer work for science, get paid" or "Set your PC to work for science + get paid."
Activity: 294

The reason any coin has value is because people believe it does.  At least with this coin we can definitively say real valuable work was done in order to earn a coin and that work will in fact have a value when looked at from a macro point-of-view.

A big factor would also be for investing as a donation. Each curecoin represents a certain amount of research done which at this point 1 curecoin represents 30,000 folding @ home points. Therefore, if you want to help cure cancer but don't want to have a rig by buying say 3000 curecoin you are funding 100 million F@H points which means you are funding that much research being done. This was another angle I was thinking of it being marketed as.

Could we add the download on the front page?
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Is there any Promo Group for Curecoin? If so I would like to join. If not I would like to create one.

I think this is a great idea, I like the idea of folding for a purpose and I am, but I'm equally interested in CureCoin as a cryptocurrency and believe if we want to attract more people to the folding and the coin, we need to begin promoting the coin as an entity to itself.

Related to this, I can't see any Curecoin threads over at https://cryptocointalk.com/.  It's a popular forum, worth making a thread or two there about Curecoin.  Anyone want to volunteer to starting a thread there?  Helps a bit it you're already a regular on that forum.
Activity: 292

Activity: 451
Is there any Promo Group for Curecoin? If so I would like to join. If not I would like to create one.

I think this is a great idea, I like the idea of folding for a purpose and I am, but I'm equally interested in CureCoin as a cryptocurrency and believe if we want to attract more people to the folding and the coin, we need to begin promoting the coin as an entity to itself.
Activity: 112

There are multiple websites and people working on it - I think both vorksholk and Laserhurt are running one though I don't think its complete yet.

What do you mean by a promo group?
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
Anyone folding with gtx 660, how many ppd, i did some google searching but most of the info is well outdated.
My gtx770 gives 95000 PPD so i would asume about 70000 PPD with 327.23 or older drivers.

For nVidia users: after reading https://foldingforum.org i found the answer for poor performance of my gtx770. Use 327.23 or older drivers for gk104 gpus. Got 33k PPD with latest drivers vs 95k PPD with 327.23.
Also AMDs 14.4 actualy give 10% performance boost vs 13.12.

If it helped dont hesitate to help me : BHHQWBndj39jnEnZtKcnZ2QqthxXPNWaNh  Wink

70k PPD how many coins are?
Try for yourself and see. Let it run for a week or so to get a clear average. Definitely more than anything else....i think about 2/day.

impressive!!!!
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
how about in the cryptopools signup there is a referal code to encourage people to bring more folders? may have to bring the block halving closer to pay for it , but then that does not really matter too much.
Activity: 532
pool.terahashers.com

stratum+tcp://pool.terahashers.com:5008 -u -p

It really means something to me to participate in such a GOOD endeavor.

To the miners:
Tell me if you have any problem with my pool so that I can improve it.
The starting difficulty of the VARDIFF if '1024'.
You you think it is too low for most sha256 mining equipment I can make it higher.

We need to reach at least 10 TH/s hashing power to make the pool competitive.

Please join to help the poor guy that is solo mining in my pool...

Also, spreading the hashing power between different pools is what secures the network against a 51% attack (and that is what sha256 mining is for in the CureCoin network).
Activity: 75
Don't forget to subscribe to http://www.reddit.com/r/curecoin  Smiley

I'm counting till the exact day we can snag it from the existing, idle mod. I'll put in a request first thing that morning.
Jump to: