Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 167. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Anyone folding with gtx 660, how many ppd, i did some google searching but most of the info is well outdated.
My gtx770 gives 95000 PPD so i would asume about 70000 PPD with 327.23 or older drivers.

For nVidia users: after reading https://foldingforum.org i found the answer for poor performance of my gtx770. Use 327.23 or older drivers for gk104 gpus. Got 33k PPD with latest drivers vs 95k PPD with 327.23.
Also AMDs 14.4 actualy give 10% performance boost vs 13.12.

If it helped dont hesitate to help me : BHHQWBndj39jnEnZtKcnZ2QqthxXPNWaNh  Wink

70k PPD how many coins are?
Try for yourself and see. Let it run for a week or so to get a clear average. Definitely more than anything else....i think about 2/day.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
Anyone folding with gtx 660, how many ppd, i did some google searching but most of the info is well outdated.
My gtx770 gives 95000 PPD so i would asume about 70000 PPD with 327.23 or older drivers.

For nVidia users: after reading https://foldingforum.org i found the answer for poor performance of my gtx770. Use 327.23 or older drivers for gk104 gpus. Got 33k PPD with latest drivers vs 95k PPD with 327.23.

If it helped dont hesitate to help me : BHHQWBndj39jnEnZtKcnZ2QqthxXPNWaNh  Wink

70k PPD how many coins are?

If it helped dont hesitate to help me : BHHQWBndj39jnEnZtKcnZ2QqthxXPNWaNh  Wink

Can i use folding@home only with my ati's gpu?

if so, how many coin i will make for day with an ati 7950 3gb?

About 3...the answer is only 1 page back! All instructions can be found in OP.

On promotion topic: Folders from other teams are a lost cause. The base of Curecoin users will rise as long as folding curecoin is more profitable than mining LTC/multipools and will dramaticaly fall the moment it is not. I think the mayority of potentialy new folders coul be Nvidia users since folding on Nvidia gpus is as rewarding as amds counterparts...i think 280x gives about 110k PPD and gtx770 gives 95k. Nvidia users lifted the awarance of ProtoShares to the sky...the same could happen with CureCoin if we let know how profitable folding CureCoin is on Nvidia gpus vs mining Scrypt or any other algo out there.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
Can i use folding@home only with my ati's gpu?

if so, how many coin i will make for day with an ati 7950 3gb?

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
For those interested in the electric consumption of folding:
I checked my electric provider's online service, here are some stats:
Days I'm completely gone from home - no mining, just the basic consumption of things on standby + fridge etc etc: 4.3 kWh
Scrypt mining day's total consumption (all devices combined) 16.5 - 19 kWh, average about 17.5 kWh
Mix of mining JPC and X11 algo: 14-15 kWh
Folding: 11-14 kWh, average like 13,5 kWh

So it is clearly consuming less than Scrypt and probably less than or the same as X11.

Another reason to fold instead of mine - Much more ecological and less bills to pay.

For those who are impatient about the "irregular" payouts: You know, if you work in real life, you usually get your salary once or twice a month. Do you go complaining to your boss every day? Have some patience! The way curecoin pays out is much slower and might feel untrustful to you, but as we have seen everybody will get their curecoins eventually if they have set it up right - I have no problem with this anyway. If you can't stand waiting 1-3 days for the payout, maybe you should consider leaving the folding (which I don't recommend). You can always buy CUR from the exchanges if you dont trust the payouts.

This pretty much fits with the results given earlier in the thread as well, showing a decrease of about 30% or so in electricity. That's massive. And not having all the extra heat means less money paid for cooling as well.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Is there any Promo Group for Curecoin? If so I would like to join. If not I would like to create one.
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
I think I will stick with Gridcoin...
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Btw, I just thought I might try selling some chocolate for CUR... Anybody interested? I would start with selling 10 boxes. I haven't really thought about the price yet but we'll see!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00313TXTC/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_wrBEtb1ZWXBNHDWF
I've had about dozen boxes of this and I love it! Caffeine and chocolate in the same, really great. The chocolate itself is quite strong, dark type - no kinder surprise egg crap Smiley It is also available as sweeter milk chocolate.
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
Days I'm completely gone from home - no mining, just the basic consumption of things on standby + fridge etc etc: 4.3 kWh
Scrypt mining day's total consumption (all devices combined) 16.5 - 19 kWh, average about 17.5 kWh

So it is clearly consuming less than Scrypt and probably less than or the same as X11.

Another reason to fold instead of mine - Much more ecological and less bills to pay.

For those who are impatient about the "irregular" payouts: You know, if you work in real life, you usually get your salary once or twice a month. Do you go complaining to your boss every day? Have some patience! The way curecoin pays out is much slower and might feel untrustful to you, but as we have seen everybody will get their curecoins eventually if they have set it up right - I have no problem with this anyway. If you can't stand waiting 1-3 days for the payout, maybe you should consider leaving the folding (which I don't recommend). You can always buy CUR from the exchanges if you dont trust the payouts.

Thanks for the information!  Very interesting and it confirms my suspicions based on what I've seen with heat and fan speeds so here we have another reason to never mine again.  
Activity: 163
Merit: 100

So it is clearly consuming less than Scrypt and probably less than or the same as X11. Mining with 1x Zotac gtx 680, 1x gigabyte 280x.

Activity: 448
Why the logo with a Chinse character?

Because Chinese people invented cancer.

That's not really nice is it?

Well, it was a joke, but my apologies. I said it because I didn't think it mattered why there was a Chinese logo.
legendary
I see, if it wasn't closed source though, I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the crypto community could manage a faster more gpu intensive way though. Let's be reasonable, if our gpu's aren't maxed it's unlikely it's fully optimized.

A couple of things are the cause of this...

1. Folding at home is not an algorithm. See a previous explanation I gave in this post: (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6708528). Therefore, it is highly dependent on the project and the core it is using what the GPU is doing. So no, people who program for crypto currencies will know fuckall about maximizing gpus for F@H. This is not technically feasible because
 1a. the code must be hardware agnostic (read: NOT optimized) in order to run on the most combination of platforms, gpu generations, hw vendor configurations, driver versions.
 1b. Any optimizations would only apply to specific projects running on cores, etc.

2. Some offtopic commentary about "fully optimizing algorithms". Of course, in a project such as F@H, it would be good to maximize GPUs. But for proof of "work" cryptocurrencies, it's wasteful and INEFFICIENCY should be valued. Consider scrypt, which runs the hottest on GPUs and keeps it at almost peak wattage. How does this give end users ANY benefit? Every gpu gets a share of its hash as a % of the total hash of everyone else using GPUs (not going to bother talking about asics). Therefore, the less efficient the algorithm, the better, as everyone gets the same % while using less electricity.

Your last point was a very good one, and it's something I've brought up in the past as well. If we were only able to mine at 1/100 of our speed and barely used our GPU, we'd be just as well off as we are now coin-wise, but without the costs and destruction of hardware as a result of being more powerful.
Activity: 88
I see, if it wasn't closed source though, I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the crypto community could manage a faster more gpu intensive way though. Let's be reasonable, if our gpu's aren't maxed it's unlikely it's fully optimized.

A couple of things are the cause of this...

1. Folding at home is not an algorithm. See a previous explanation I gave in this post: (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6708528). Therefore, it is highly dependent on the project and the core it is using what the GPU is doing. So no, people who program for crypto currencies will know fuckall about maximizing gpus for F@H. This is not technically feasible because
 1a. the code must be hardware agnostic (read: NOT optimized) in order to run on the most combination of platforms, gpu generations, hw vendor configurations, driver versions.
 1b. Any optimizations would only apply to specific projects running on cores, etc.

2. Some offtopic commentary about "fully optimizing algorithms". Of course, in a project such as F@H, it would be good to maximize GPUs. But for proof of "work" cryptocurrencies, it's wasteful and INEFFICIENCY should be valued. Consider scrypt, which runs the hottest on GPUs and keeps it at almost peak wattage. How does this give end users ANY benefit? Every gpu gets a share of its hash as a % of the total hash of everyone else using GPUs (not going to bother talking about asics). Therefore, the less efficient the algorithm, the better, as everyone gets the same % while using less electricity.
Activity: 292
Devs, is it possible to fork the f@h software and make it more GPU efficient so we can really get our protein on?

The F@H software has some closed source parts so it's not possible and I think it's GPU efficient already. The F@H project started 9 years before Bitcoin was released so they should have a good idea how to design software.

I watch my GPU's pretty closely especially since I've removed the extra cooling in the area where the computers sit and from what I can see the F@H client is far more efficient than any mining software I've seen.  My GPU's are at 100% yet they run far cooler with less fan usage than they ever did running mining software.

As others have mentioned, the F@H programmers have been doing this for quite some time and from what I can see with GPU-Z they certainly seem to know what they are doing.
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Devs, is it possible to fork the f@h software and make it more GPU efficient so we can really get our protein on?

The F@H software has some closed source parts so it's not possible and I think it's GPU efficient already. The F@H project started 9 years before Bitcoin was released so they should have a good idea how to design software.

Going to have to agree with this. Unless there's a more deep-down reason for why it's not "maxed" in the same manner as Scrypt/BTC/etc. mining is. Like maybe those heavily use a part of the GPU that others don't or something. I don't know hardware specifics but I mean, look at X11. Same principal.

I think F@H is maxing out the GPU but just not the same way as BTC vs Scrypt vs X11.
legendary

Going to have to agree with this. Unless there's a more deep-down reason for why it's not "maxed" in the same manner as Scrypt/BTC/etc. mining is. Like maybe those heavily use a part of the GPU that others don't or something. I don't know hardware specifics but I mean, look at X11. Same principal.
Activity: 294

Maybe - but how would you get the work units and deliver the results - that's all from stanford and through their software. GPUs are running in max but it may not for example use a certain portion of your GPU that causes it to heat up a lot - a portion that is just not used for protein folding.
Jump to: