Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 48. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552
Retired IRCX God
So, when you mine this with an ASIC, it does the same useful folding as with the other methods?

It's sad you can't make it somewhat profitable with an Antminer S1 or S3 because there are so many
out there.

Would it be a good idea for a philanthropist with $10,000 to spare to throw it at Curecoin making it
more valuable to mine?  Maybe put that instead into development in a digital Curecoin mall where people can donate
digital products and have them bought with Curecoin, making the currency more valuable.
It's intentionally held back (for lack of better terms) when it comes to ASIC mining, because the main project/goal is the folding project.

That being said, it's not wholly unprofitable to mine; when the price is up it's actually more profitable for small ASICs than BTC is (although that margin does lessen when it hits the top of the chart on Coinwarz and everyone, and their mothers, start mining it and push the diff up by 1000x).
Activity: 2730
So, when you mine this with an ASIC, it does the same useful folding as with the other methods?

It's sad you can't make it somewhat profitable with an Antminer S1 or S3 because there are so many
out there.

Would it be a good idea for a philanthropist with $10,000 to spare to throw it at Curecoin making it
more valuable to mine?  Maybe put that instead into development in a digital Curecoin mall where people can donate
digital products and have them bought with Curecoin, making the currency more valuable.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Perhaps there'll be a SETI equivalent in the future with UFO coin (if no one has coined this yet, I'm calling baggsies)

It would indeed be great to know if there is some intelligent civilization somewhere in the Universe. But let's imagine SETI finds something 20000 light-years away from us. It would still take 40000 years to contact and get an answer from them while diseases like Cancer, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's etc. are a very present problem... Shouldn't we focus first on fighting these diseases?
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
Developer at TheCryptoChat
wow, what a great idea!

Combining blockchain methodologies with the pre-existing idea of utilising computer idle time towards something worthwhile and beneficial to all.

Great concept, love the idea and the combination of these two things...

Perhaps there'll be a SETI equivalent in the future with UFO coin (if no one has coined this yet, I'm calling baggsies)
Our team is #2!!!

Ding a dang dong we're the vice-champions
We are the vice-champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the vice-champions, we are the vice-champions...

Grin Grin Grin

[Too bad vice-champion doesn't actually exist in English while it does in French Smiley]
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
i found this in my archive made it in 2014 July

Retired IRCX God
You still haven't answered my question about *CAN 1080s be overclocked as high*.
 If they can't overclock as high as the 1070s, then insisting on same clocks is a strawman argument.
1) Methinks you have no idea what a "strawman argument" actually is (I'm refuting your claim [that you provided comparable data] with your own data).  Undecided
2) If your claim is now that the playing-field cannot be leveled, then your new claim is the same as my claim has consistently been ("you're comparing apples to bananas and rounding off to arrive at oranges and strawberries").

And to answer the question that I ignored because I thought it was rhetorical...
I would argue that, yes, 1080s can be overclocked higher than 2100 (offering as evidence that my own runs 2075-2088 with slight OC, stock air cooling, a case that's actually too small, and no voltage adjust). Wink
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

still trying this coin ?  This coin is a scam

What scam?
 How is it a scam?
 Why are quite a few folks making significant money from this coin if it's a scam?

Given your trust rating, I'd be more inclined to believe YOU are the scam.

legendary
Now you're beginning to get the point; your "more accurate info using REAL folding of REAL units than the benchmark" is meaningless because you're comparing apples to bananas and rounding off to arrive at oranges and strawberries.  Undecided
No, it's more accurate because it includes REAL mining data, abet the very precision of the date might overwhelm most.
 There IS a listing that shows "summary of PPD per card type". Perhaps that's what you're looking for?
No, even a 10 yr old can sort. Again, you entirely miss the point..
Your "REAL mining data" is GTX1070s where nearly 50% are overclocked by 100-164MHz more than any of the GTX1080s (comparing apples to bananas).
Until 49% of the GTX1080s on your list are overclocked to 2162-2228MHz, they aren't being pushed as far as the GTX1070s; so, again, you're just rounding off to arrive at oranges and strawberries.

You still haven't answered my question about *CAN 1080s be overclocked as high*.

If they can't overclock as high as the 1070s, then insisting on same clocks is a strawman argument.

Retired IRCX God
What is the exact "scam" that you think exists from a bonus coin that is given for what is otherwise a volunteer project? Like every other coin (including BTC), it is worth what the community around it decides it's worth; no more and no less.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Now you're beginning to get the point; your "more accurate info using REAL folding of REAL units than the benchmark" is meaningless because you're comparing apples to bananas and rounding off to arrive at oranges and strawberries.  Undecided
No, it's more accurate because it includes REAL mining data, abet the very precision of the date might overwhelm most.
 There IS a listing that shows "summary of PPD per card type". Perhaps that's what you're looking for?
Your "REAL mining data" is GTX1070s where nearly 50% are overclocked by 100-164MHz more than any of the GTX1080s (comparing apples to bananas).
Until 49% of the GTX1080s on your list are overclocked to 2162-2228MHz, they aren't being pushed as far as the GTX1070s; so, again, you're just rounding off to arrive at oranges and strawberries.

Retired IRCX God
legendary
 P9676 unit vs a P13210 unit in the examples you post.

G183 bonus vs G0 bonus is also a major factor. Higher numbers on that indicate a lot higher "early return bonus" which is what higher-end NVidia cards thrive on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vcVoSVtamcoGj5sFfvKF_XlvuviWWveJIg_iZ8U2bf0/pub?output=html#

Retired IRCX God
Hackers Have Stolen Millions Of Dollars In Bitcoin -- Using Only Phone Numbers

If he's been "in Bitcoin" since there were "4 computers on the network" and he didn't secure his coins and his keys, then he deserves to lose it.

https://youtu.be/F12lpqnug-0
Retired IRCX God
It is very likely that our team will be ranked #2 right on Christmas Eve!  Cheesy
Hope Santa will bring some good Champagne! Cheesy

I had originally replied to this in good cheer (a pic of Santa holding a glass), but it seems someone has an issue with the idea of a fictional character bringing you a glass of bubbly  Undecided
- it SHOULD work but I tend to avoid running AMD stuff on folding 'cause it's a lot less efficient.

I actually already have 4 R9-280 per rig and I'd like to plug one NVIDIA high end card in the remaining PCIE slot on the MB...
Retired IRCX God

G183 bonus vs G0 bonus is also a major factor. Higher numbers on that indicate a lot higher "early return bonus" which is what higher-end NVidia cards thrive on.

legendary
Has anyone tried to mix NVidia and AMD GPUs on the same Linux Folding Rig?

When I set up a new rig, it keeps grabbing my GPU from the A10 for folding on - it SHOULD work but I tend to avoid running AMD stuff on folding 'cause it's a lot less efficient.
 If AMD ever gets a HIGH END RX series card out that might change - the RX 480 is pretty good for a mid-range card on a PPD/watt and PPD/$ basis.

legendary
Is the 1080 capable of being overclocked as much as the 1070?
 I do concede some of those overclocks (on ALL of the cards) are fairly extreme - but that doesn't negate my point about "real data from real folding".

OK, here's the problem with your chart of randomness: It provides no definable intel to compare even like items and it raises many questions.

Not the least of these questions is: Where did mbmumford get that magical GTX1070?
11/21/2016   P9676   mbmumford   GTX 1070   1531   7544   1920   0:00:07   729,806   R1, C71, G183   Windows 10 x64   [0x18]   5,879.00   8.1
And how did it so vastly outperform his overclock?
10/31/2016   P13201   mbmumford   GTX 1070   1886   7604   1920   0:01:38   686,432   R17, C4, G0   Windows 10 x64   [0x21]   7,242.20   10.6

Is it the same unit with 2 separate runs?

Different unit types have different speeds - very old news there.

Pages:
Jump to: