Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 51. (Read 696254 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

If Curecoin was worth $5 a coin or more, it would be profitable to mine right now. 

Curecoin was profitable to mine at 3c/coin - it's just not *AS* profitable to mine the past month or so as ETH ETC or ZEC have been the past few weeks even on NVidia hardware that is optimal for folding.

The price jump the last 2 days has been nice, but it's still not enough to make my 1070s competative on Curecoin profitability to ETH. Right now that would take a jump to over 11k satoshi (8c per Curecoin or close, perhaps 7c after factoring in the tiny FoldingCoin value since that coin dumped out HARD this past month).

IMO rather than that charity "funding a cloud folding site" they should buy up and burn (or buy up and long term hold) Curecoin to drive the price up and LET THE MARKET DECIDE TO MASS SHIFT TO FOLDING.

Wouldn't take all that much - just make it competative with other options for profitability and the many already existing rigs would shift back over and start multiplying.

I'm not in Ed O's league (yet or even all that close) but I could easily exceed 7 Million PPD on 24 hour average (and might be able to push Cool with just my current 1070-based rigs if I had the incentive to do so.
 Unfortunately, I need the money for living expenses and electric so I have to chase the higher profitability coins.

As far as quantum computing on cryptocoins - the don't work worth beans. Quantum computing  is excellent at figuring out MULTIPLE VARIABLE equations quickly, it is not good at all on "serial very simple computations" as all Crypto is based on.

Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Sorry but i already sold it @7000 but will buy again @2000 sat. And i cant see any buy wall
I think little fake pumps coming for cure
coin dead man DEV is selling their coins
Ha-ha! you got greedy and missed the bottom. Tongue Just teasing.. let's see how it goes. Your FUD is gettin ridiculous btw.

And as soon as a quantum computer will get close to threaten the security of sha256d, Curecoin will be very well placed to replace Bitcoin... and then the folders who didn't dump their Curecoins when it was worth $0.05 will be able to get retired  Cool

C'mon man, you are such a dreamer. Curecoin will never replace bitcoin because CureCoin is centralized. Now, my imagination wonders how much decentralization curecoin could achieve if Folding@Home could co-operate and redesign their servers/software with the CureCoin blockchain in mind. Now that would be nuts. Can the devs comment on that dream - of what could theoretically happen with Folding@Home's full co-operation?
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
Counterparty wallet have not actual certificat and my esset says Connection is not safe.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
It's like what they say about in business, you don't want to have the programmers communicate to the customers, you need other types of brains to interface.

I've told that for months! Cheesy

I don't think the coin is dead. If I guessed well the devs want CC2.0 or SigmaX to be a technology like Counterparty allowing other Cryptos to take advantage of the security enhancements of CC2.0 (quantum computing resistant + new stuff patented by Vorksholk).

Provided they hire some good marketing/finance guys in the team, Curecoin has the potential to be valued at $10 or more!

And as soon as a quantum computer will get close to threaten the security of sha256d, Curecoin will be very well placed to replace Bitcoin... and then the folders who didn't dump their Curecoins when it was worth $0.05 will be able to get retired  Cool
so where is 2.0?
Activity: 103
It's like what they say about in business, you don't want to have the programmers communicate to the customers, you need other types of brains to interface.

I've told that for months! Cheesy

I don't think the coin is dead. If I guessed well the devs want CC2.0 or SigmaX to be a technology like Counterparty allowing other Cryptos to take advantage of the security enhancements of CC2.0 (quantum computing resistant + new stuff patented by Vorksholk).

Provided they hire some good marketing/finance guys in the team, Curecoin has the potential to be valued at $10 or more!

Noticed a pump in the price of curecoins for the last 2 days. This should bring some hope to people who complain about charity and cost of folding.  Wink
So whats happening? any news or something? Keep holding those curecoins guys. You should get rewarded for folding someday...

I observed also, I hope it will continue Smiley Curecoin has a good potential in my opinion and I am also holding some, just in case..I am not left behind. I  am hoping an active updates here on thread.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 506
Notice that our hashrate made a HUGE jump when Curecoin bounced up from 2.7ish cents per to over 5 this summer - then dropped back DOWN bigtime (and appears to still be sliding a bit) when ZEC was released and suddenly ZEC ETH and ETC became quite a bit more profitable to mine on NVidia gear.

I suspect a LOT of Curecoin folders does not "consider it as a charity".
 What's the point when you can just fold for another team if you're going to do it "for charity"?

I don´t think most of them care about charity.  
I think the idea is great, but also that a lot of people don´t see the reason why curecoin should have a high value.
It would be a different thing if there would be a real link between the folding and the coin. something like you name the newly folded discovery by spending curecoin or participate in a poll with the coins to find a name. I hope you get what i´m trying to say here

If Curecoin was worth $5 a coin or more, it would be profitable to mine right now.  It doesn't seem like coins magically will go up in value.
Something else has to be done outside of the mining, wallet creation, and financial exchange acceptance.  Maybe what that something else is perhaps isn't well studied by the technical who create these coins?  It's like what they say about in business, you don't want to have the programmers communicate to the customers, you need other types of brains to interface.

Yes that´s how I mean it. There is no real reason for the coin to gain in value beside p&d since there is no real innovation or use case. There has to be a reason to buy more coins  besides waiting for the next pump.
Is the folding program open source ?
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
Noticed a pump in the price of curecoins for the last 2 days. This should bring some hope to people who complain about charity and cost of folding.  Wink
So whats happening? any news or something? Keep holding those curecoins guys. You should get rewarded for folding someday...

I observed also, I hope it will continue Smiley Curecoin has a good potential in my opinion and I am also holding some, just in case..I am not left behind. I  am hoping an active updates here on thread.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
Notice that our hashrate made a HUGE jump when Curecoin bounced up from 2.7ish cents per to over 5 this summer - then dropped back DOWN bigtime (and appears to still be sliding a bit) when ZEC was released and suddenly ZEC ETH and ETC became quite a bit more profitable to mine on NVidia gear.

What's the point when you can just fold for another team if you're going to do it "for charity"?

I think the idea is great, but also that a lot of people don´t see the reason why curecoin should have a high value.
It would be a different thing if there would be a real link between the folding and the coin. something like you name the newly folded discovery by spending curecoin or participate in a poll with the coins to find a name. I hope you get what i´m trying to say here

If Curecoin was worth $5 a coin or more, it would be profitable to mine right now.  It doesn't seem like coins magically will go up in value.
Something else has to be done outside of the mining, wallet creation, and financial exchange acceptance.  Maybe what that something else is perhaps isn't well studied by the technical who create these coins?  It's like what they say about in business, you don't want to have the programmers communicate to the customers, you need other types of brains to interface.

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

Activity: 532
Merit: 250
BTC. ETC. EOS
Activity: 153
Merit: 100

How can little pumps be fake. They seemed quite real to me.
legendary

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Happy Thanksgiving from the CureCoin Team!

Phase 1 of of the Fiscal Sponsorship is completed. Fiat donations can now help fund cloud folding at the Michigan facility.

If this cloud folding is connected to the Curecoin team, this is a slap in the face to the rest of us folding for Curecoin that will just make the coin even less profitable and LESS worth working with than it already is.

If this cloud folding is just for folding and NOT taking part of the Curecoin distribution, I'm all for it.

The annnouncement is so vague and the "pictures" are TOTALLY unreadable, makes it very difficult to even figure out what this announcement is announcing.

This *is*starting to feel like an endless charity pit. Can we get tax exempt status by throwing money at https://www.eobot.com/folding instead, so that we can at least earn curecoin?

Well, If you're folding then consider it as a charity and don't expect any returns back. And I do think all folders should be given some tax exempt benefit and curecoin team along with Stanford University should do something about it.
Activity: 66

Phase 1 of of the Fiscal Sponsorship is completed. Fiat donations can now help fund cloud folding at the Michigan facility.

If this cloud folding is connected to the Curecoin team, this is a slap in the face to the rest of us folding for Curecoin that will just make the coin even less profitable and LESS worth working with than it already is.

If this cloud folding is just for folding and NOT taking part of the Curecoin distribution, I'm all for it.

The annnouncement is so vague and the "pictures" are TOTALLY unreadable, makes it very difficult to even figure out what this announcement is announcing.

This *is*starting to feel like an endless charity pit. Can we get tax exempt status by throwing money at https://www.eobot.com/folding instead, so that we can at least earn curecoin?
legendary

If you're wondering what CygnusXI, Vorksholk and Huffnpuff look like, check curecoin.info  Cheesy
A little extrapolation from ExtremeOverclocking and Folding@Home statistics shows that today our team has folded its 5,000,000th WU !!  Cool
legendary
Michigan?

How bloody high is the cost of electric there?

ALso, that fiscal sponsorship announcement link DOES NOT WORK in Chrome - apparently you need to update your web server to use a more recent crypto version on it's secure links as I'm gettting a "no compatable crypto" error when I try to go there.

Pages:
Jump to: