Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 50. (Read 696254 times)

legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Been a while since I last updated everyone, CureCoin is still chugging along as always Smiley

The new security technology I've alluded to earlier will be releasing in late January as a public beta, along with a public beta of cc2.0 using it. Timeline after that depends on community feedback and how stable everything is. More announcements to come soon, sorry everything is so under-wraps.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 552
Retired IRCX God
forbid CO² tax this energy waste would be the proper way
Troll on, troll, troll on!
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
Maybe Trump will invest in BTC mining for the US economy.  

forbid CO² tax this energy waste would be the proper way

there are ways to secure a chain without waste insane energy as NEM with POI and after POW->advancedPOS switch ETH too show
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
Bitcoin predicted to rise 165% to $2,000 in 2017 driven by Trump’s ‘spending binge’ and dollar rally

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/07/bitcoin-price-could-rise-to-2000-in-2017-driven-by-trump-policies-us-dollar-inflation-rocketing.html

I doubt that "Trump's spending binge" will have any noticeable effect on Bitcoin pricing - it's the CHINESE market driving Bitcoin pricing the last year and change (as well as Litecoin and proabably most other altcoins).

CNBC isn't exactly well known for their fact checking abilities - I'd look for a more reliable source for information.

Who knows what will actually happen, but the price of bitcoin is certainly dictated more by the value of the US dollar, rather than anything the Chinese are doing. The Chinese are obviously behind most of the global hash rate, and that obviously has a knock on affect on price - but the US dollar is still the global yardstick that determines the relative value of most cryto. And most other globally traded commodities. Even if that cause is simply a secondary affect of fiscal policy and market sentiment.

If you look at the amount TRADED though, the Chinese makets dominate Bitcoin trade by a VERY wide margin.

Maybe Trump will invest in BTC mining for the US economy.   
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Bitcoin predicted to rise 165% to $2,000 in 2017 driven by Trump’s ‘spending binge’ and dollar rally

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/07/bitcoin-price-could-rise-to-2000-in-2017-driven-by-trump-policies-us-dollar-inflation-rocketing.html

I doubt that "Trump's spending binge" will have any noticeable effect on Bitcoin pricing - it's the CHINESE market driving Bitcoin pricing the last year and change (as well as Litecoin and proabably most other altcoins).

CNBC isn't exactly well known for their fact checking abilities - I'd look for a more reliable source for information.

Who knows what will actually happen, but the price of bitcoin is certainly dictated more by the value of the US dollar, rather than anything the Chinese are doing. The Chinese are obviously behind most of the global hash rate, and that obviously has a knock on affect on price - but the US dollar is still the global yardstick that determines the relative value of most cryto. And most other globally traded commodities. Even if that cause is simply a secondary affect of fiscal policy and market sentiment.

If you look at the amount TRADED though, the Chinese makets dominate Bitcoin trade by a VERY wide margin.

Activity: 1150
Merit: 502

Trump bears a resembles to the kind whos always right. When Trump gets appointed he will be elect to control the dept of US treasury. Trumps right 90% of the time. How would he have made his billions if he was wrong? Trump patronizing the US treasury will have so much money that he can swim in it for 3 days and die from foot cramp somewhere halfway between start and finish, and no one will ever find his body in a pile of all that cash.

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

legendary

Activity: 40

Activity: 40
STATS DOWN FOR SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE UNTIL 12/9
December 7, 2016 by Carlos Hernández ·

The stats server will be down between December 7th and the 9th. Points will not be accessible during this time, but will still be accruing.

http://folding.stanford.edu/home/blog
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
i had same issue with curecoin wallet

https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fPeals.A!cl&threatid=2147690472&enterprise=0
NOTE: On December 6, 2016, an incorrect detection for our cloud-based protection for Trojan:Win32/Peals.A!cl was identified and immediately fixed. To ensure that this issue is remediated, you can do a forced daily update to download your Microsoft antimalware and antispyware software. For details, see Updating your Microsoft antimalware and antispyware software.

many cryptocoin wallets including DMD DIamond where dedected as infected if u had a scan yesterday

solution make a definition update on windows defender today it should have already the fixed definitions

worst case u need to download the wallet again if defender did delete it
https://github.com/DMDcoin/Diamond/releases
legendary
Does anyone want to see CureCoin reward medical research dcn's on boinc?

That would make sense, and as I've already got some machines running BOINC I'm definitely in favor.
 Optimally work with the AMD-favored projects as FAH already has NVidia well covered.

Activity: 153
Merit: 100
Does anyone want to see CureCoin reward medical research dcn's on boinc?
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
> Is the folding program open source ?

The curecoin wallet is opensource
the folding client/worker NO, see

https:// folding dot stanford dot edu/home/faq/faq-opensource/

Notice that our hashrate made a HUGE jump when Curecoin bounced up from 2.7ish cents per to over 5 this summer - then dropped back DOWN bigtime (and appears to still be sliding a bit) when ZEC was released and suddenly ZEC ETH and ETC became quite a bit more profitable to mine on NVidia gear.

I suspect a LOT of Curecoin folders does not "consider it as a charity".
 What's the point when you can just fold for another team if you're going to do it "for charity"?

I don´t think most of them care about charity.  
I think the idea is great, but also that a lot of people don´t see the reason why curecoin should have a high value.
It would be a different thing if there would be a real link between the folding and the coin. something like you name the newly folded discovery by spending curecoin or participate in a poll with the coins to find a name. I hope you get what i´m trying to say here

If Curecoin was worth $5 a coin or more, it would be profitable to mine right now.  It doesn't seem like coins magically will go up in value.
Something else has to be done outside of the mining, wallet creation, and financial exchange acceptance.  Maybe what that something else is perhaps isn't well studied by the technical who create these coins?  It's like what they say about in business, you don't want to have the programmers communicate to the customers, you need other types of brains to interface.

Yes that´s how I mean it. There is no real reason for the coin to gain in value beside p&d since there is no real innovation or use case. There has to be a reason to buy more coins  besides waiting for the next pump.
Is the folding program open source ?
Activity: 37
Activity: 1050
Merit: 506
is here someone that can tell me more about the folding program ? i mean about the software behind the program in a technical way
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
C'mon man, you are such a dreamer. Curecoin will never replace bitcoin because CureCoin is centralized. Now, my imagination wonders how much decentralization curecoin could achieve if Folding@Home could co-operate and redesign their servers/software with the CureCoin blockchain in mind. Now that would be nuts. Can the devs comment on that dream - of what could theoretically happen with Folding@Home's full co-operation?

Maybe CC3.0 will be decentralized  Cheesy Cheesy

In my opinion the best CC architecture would be to have Proof Of Stake + an energy efficient Proof of Work (e.g. Proof Of Storage ?) taking care of the coin security and including a distributed mechanism to pay all folders based on F@H last day's statistics when "a block is solved". The only central point would then be the F@H statistics server and the only (?) security breach a F@H insider tweaking the stats to attribute to somebody more points than what he folded.

Activity: 103
As far as quantum computing on cryptocoins - the don't work worth beans. Quantum computing  is excellent at figuring out MULTIPLE VARIABLE equations quickly, it is not good at all on "serial very simple computations" as all Crypto is based on.

Really? Check this out: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-is-not-quantum-safe-and-how-we-can-fix-1375242150

And note CC2.0 implements Merkle Signature Scheme.
Activity: 523
Merit: 250
FOLDING and CUREcoin are good friend?

It is interesting one coin goes up, other coin goes up too.

Grin

From wan.
Activity: 66

The price jump the last 2 days has been nice, but it's still not enough to make my 1070s competative on Curecoin profitability to ETH. Right now that would take a jump to over 11k satoshi (8c per Curecoin or close, perhaps 7c after factoring in the tiny FoldingCoin value since that coin dumped out HARD this past month).

I'm not in Ed O's league (yet or even all that close) but I could easily exceed 7 Million PPD on 24 hour average (and might be able to push Cool with just my current 1070-based rigs if I had the incentive to do so.
 Unfortunately, I need the money for living expenses and electric so I have to chase the higher profitability coins.

Interesting, that's very good to know. So as it seems, the current folders of curecoin are all about charity + gambling/speculation.

So a higher curecoin price + volume is a sure way to get the higher PPD for science.. we need to work on building that economy.. some how. Sad

It'd be nice if a dark market would pick curecoin up just as they had done with XMR eh? That's the only quick fix I can think of..

Pages:
Jump to: