Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 53. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

Actually not a M$ or more, just a few k$ per week would suffice to progressively and steadily increase the value of CC and at the end bring all GPU miners stop contributing to global warming spending tens of GWh just for PoW (and therefore producing a lot of CO2 for "nothing") and doing instead something useful (folding) while generating profit.
I noticed we had a big buyer today, did the math on their near-10k buy (might have been 10k before I got on to check the exchange) and a few $k a week WOULD be noticeable.
I did my part  Grin
I bought 10,768 CURE on Sept 18th.
Activity: 110
I am folding away, for almost ten years now.
There's no better way to re-purpose unprofitable GPU mining equipment than to put it to work folding proteins - and with merged folding (you get CURE plus Counterparty Tokens (FLDC,Scotcoin,MagicFLDC,PepeCash)), so your recommendation to GPU miners is golden. Combined this actually makes folding profitable on newer GPU hardware.

I've been F@H for almost 2 years and on the CureCoin team 224497 since I heard about. I'm trying to find a clear explanation of "merged mining." I installed a Tokenly Poskets ap on my browser and it gave me an address so I folded for a while as Miner_ALL_address. When I mined as just Miner on CureCoin Team I got daily CURE distributions to my CureCoin wallet. When I switched to Miner_ALL_address I've only gotten rare deposits: 4 days ago KarmaTokens, 2 months ago MagicFLDC and 2 months ago FLDC. But, no CURE as of yet. I saw somewhere that they only manually distribute monthly.
Monthly versus daily distrubtions!!!  How can one possibly decide which way to fold Huh
Best I can tell Miner_ALL_address distributions go to CounterpartyChain.io/address and get segregated by coin into my Tokenly Pockets wallet.
Miner_ALL_address folding just leaves me feeling totally in the dark. Can someone please explain which is the best way to fold Huh
TIA
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Exactly. Let it drop to a penny, and in the end, if PPD hits a billion maybe we'll see the price rise and maybe not. Regardless, PPD should be the #1 focus.

Unfortunately, some of us can't AFFORD to point many if any of our rigs at folding if CureCoin dropped to a penny.
Activity: 66
I think this coin dead. No volume on coin waiting 1 cent

Hah! You think this is no volume? You weren't around when it was less than $100 a day.

Seems like the PPD is starting to pick up again. If curecoin can hit 1 billion PPD, that would be an achievement I felt that I helped facilitate even if the coin is worth nothing. In the end, its about the PPD. We all know that.

So this is end of coin

"End of coin", you must be joking! If Curecoin hits a billion ppd, it would represent an achievement greater than all other crypto coins combined. The sheer amount of scientific research that would be accomplished with 1 billion ppd is beyond anything that all other DCN's have ever done. And would also represent real world results that 99.9% of other crypto coins could only dream of.

Exactly. Let it drop to a penny, and in the end, if PPD hits a billion maybe we'll see the price rise and maybe not. Regardless, PPD should be the #1 focus.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0

Hah! You think this is no volume? You weren't around when it was less than $100 a day.

Seems like the PPD is starting to pick up again. If curecoin can hit 1 billion PPD, that would be an achievement I felt that I helped facilitate even if the coin is worth nothing. In the end, its about the PPD. We all know that.

So this is end of coin

"End of coin", you must be joking! If Curecoin hits a billion ppd, it would represent an achievement greater than all other crypto coins combined. The sheer amount of scientific research that would be accomplished with 1 billion ppd is beyond anything that all other DCN's have ever done. And would also represent real world results that 99.9% of other crypto coins could only dream of.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
This is not the end of CureCoin. It's only the beginning. If you wish to sell them at this price please sell into my buy walls I like this cheap price.
Sorry but i already sold it @7000 but will buy again @2000 sat. And i cant see any buy wall
Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications
Did the 2.0 update ever git published or would IT still be the XP (DOS mode) version of the source, really liked the look & possible feel of the post about an updated software application?
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
This is not the end of CureCoin. It's only the beginning. If you wish to sell them at this price please sell into my buy walls I like this cheap price.

So this is end of coin

The devs say curecoin 2.0 is almost complete, so, we'll see. Otherwise, we can all throw a Great Fool Theory party together if we have any money left.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory

When is the other coin coming out? the quantum resistant one that was released in beta a while back?
Is that on the back burned for now?

I keep buying curecoins but I don't want to miss the snap shot.  Love the idea of curecoin but wow it's been a huge loss for me until this point. Still hold out hope though for the future.

curecoin is a sleeper in my portfolio
but i expect this one to wake up and give us a positive surprise
keep holding
I think you need wait long time for this
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

When is the other coin coming out? the quantum resistant one that was released in beta a while back?

I keep buying curecoins but I don't want to miss the snap shot.  Love the idea of curecoin but wow it's been a huge loss for me until this point. Still hold out hope though for the future.

curecoin is a sleeper in my portfolio
but i expect this one to wake up and give us a positive surprise
keep holding
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
1070s are consistant 600k PPD folders at stock clocks, bit higher with a mild overclock - 675 would require a pretty serious overclock, and I'm not generally willing to push cards that hard as I prefer LONG TERM reliability.
They are still the sweet point overall for folding IMO.
New rig will be a near-duplicate of the last pure-NVidia triple-card rig I built (different "hard drive" setup, and I went a bit lower on the APU), but I'm planning to take the time to finally get Slackware working for my folding rigs (I am tired of fighting with GRUB issues and problems and PAIN OF TRYING TO CLONE BLOODY GRUB DRIVES) so it might take me a few days to get up and running.

Once I get it working, I'll probably start swapping ALL of my rigs over to that software setup as I have come to HATE bloody GRUB and vastly prefer LILO and the Slackware way of doing things in general (though I probably WILL install apt as that's the only thing about Ubuntu I prefer over Slackware).

2 x EVGA 1070s (whatever the ones Newegg had on sale at $389 last week were)
 1x Gigabyte "ITX" version 1070 for the third slot to let the middle-slot card get resonable cooling.
    (most of my triple-card rigs have an old low-profile AMD HD7750 in that slow for cooling reasons).
 Asrock Extreme 6+ MB
 AMD A10-7860K
 2 x 2GB DDR3 2133 (I think, I might have gone with DDR3 1800 this time around)
 Seasonic X-850 (I like some leeway on the PS even on good stuff like Seasonic units, gives me room for future upgrades).
 SanDisk Ultra USB3 128GB (Have one of these running on an older 2card system, doesn't seem to be any slower than the SATA drives I have on most of my folding/mining rigs).

The last rig I think had Gigabyte 2-fan models instead of the EVGAs, but I consider EVGA and Gigabyte pretty much interchangeable.
 Last rig also had an A10-7890K but that turned out to be a bit overkill.

GPU side of the APU runs the Distributed.net RC5 client via the BOINC MooWrapper project (and collects a few GridCoin), CPUs cores are unassigned to ensure max production from the GPUs.

Once you factor in the overall SYSTEM cost, the 1060D loses out noticeably to the 1070 - it would be closer on a 6-card rig but would still lose.
 1060D is proably a good choice for someone on a tight budget or that just wants to dabble in folding.

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
(I'm starting to shift rigs, and have parts on the way from NewEgg for a new rig build that will go straight to folding).

What did you order?
According to this chart
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v5gXral3BcFOoXs5n1M6l_Uo3pZpQYogn6gVlxRPnz0/edit#gid=0
1060 3GB looks like a winner ATM.
If you put 4 TH/s miner to pool. You can earn 35 Cure in 24 hours with current difficulty. so you can earn daily 0,0021 BTC Daily.
What happens if someone points an Antminer S3 at a Curecoin pool?  How many coins would one mine per day?
too low not profitable
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
What happens if someone points an Antminer S3 at a Curecoin pool?  How many coins would one mine per day?
Pages:
Jump to: