Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 65. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hello everyone, the CureCoin team is working hard on development. As of now, their main focus is on maintaining CureCoin 1.0 while solidifying the tech for Sigma X. Please make an effort to visit our forum or twitter, these are updated more frequently than the Bitcointalk thread – Although, that may change in the near future.
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/CureCoin_Team

CureCoin Forum:
https://www.curecoin.net/forum/

Note: This is not an official post. I am a new team member and I would like to get a better understanding of the whole project before I post a major update. What I found after speaking with the team is that they are passionate about what they are doing. They also made it clear to me that they “won’t be leaving anytime soon.” They are hard at work in the background.

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
Maybe an update will get us there  Wink
legendary
Activity: 924
I'm not  sure this is the biggest problem this thread has...

Grin Cheesy Grin

true...
i don't care
i continue sending folding@home WU to Stanford Smiley
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
I'm not  sure this is the biggest problem this thread has...

Grin Cheesy Grin
Activity: 799
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an update...
Activity: 527
Merit: 250
I think we are due for an update. Anyone have any info? They seem active on twitter.
legendary
You're talking about gridcoin in the curecoin thread?

why not ? gridcoin is also about useful POW Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
legendary

Well, gridcoin is also a philanthropic cryptocurrency, with a protein folding project that claims to be decentralized.. which seems to be a large feature and concern that curecoin is missing don't you think? I'm curious to hear curecoin members' side of story on that.. I don't wanna do the research cuz I assume you guys already have.

are you sure its decentralized ? they don't use distribution wallet by dev ? how ?
Activity: 3
Now im in with cc 2.0.
What are you talking about? 2.0 is not yet released.

maybe he means SigmaXcoin ? Undecided
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4111
Crypto Swap Exchange
Now im in with cc 2.0.
What are you talking about? 2.0 is not yet released.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
BTC|Waves
we should mine cure forever.

Now im in with cc 2.0.
Activity: 63
This platform to create faucets and marketing campaings accepts Curecoin, you can either earn free Curecoin or place banner ads and pay with Curecoin: www.fauceting.com
Activity: 66

Well, gridcoin is also a philanthropic cryptocurrency, with a protein folding project that claims to be decentralized.. which seems to be a large feature and concern that curecoin is missing don't you think? I'm curious to hear curecoin members' side of story on that.. I don't wanna do the research cuz I assume you guys already have.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
what about proof that POW+POS is secure as POW ?
Huh

Anyway, in my opinion the main problem with CC2 is the need for certification authorities.
The great revolution and success of Blockchain technology (Bitcoin...) is that you don't need to trust a person, a company, an organization or an administration. You just need to trust the algorithm. This lack of third party ranks #1-#3 on many lists about Blockchain advantages.

Putting in place certification authorities (to remove POW) for CC2 goes against one of the main goals of Blockchain technology...

Gridcoin claims to decentralized. Is that false advertising?

Activity: 66
what about proof that POW+POS is secure as POW ?
Huh

Anyway, in my opinion the main problem with CC2 is the need for certification authorities.
The great revolution and success of Blockchain technology (Bitcoin...) is that you don't need to trust a person, a company, an organization or an administration. You just need to trust the algorithm. This lack of third party ranks #1-#3 on many lists about Blockchain advantages.

Putting in place certification authorities (to remove POW) for CC2 goes against one of the main goals of Blockchain technology...

Gridcoin claims to decentralized. Is that false advertising?
Activity: 1050
Merit: 506
I was active in foldit i think 4 years ago. How is the actual case right know if a user finds/creates a useful protein? who got the patent or the rights?

From F@H website:
We assisted Chris Garcia’s lab with their work with Interleukin 2 (IL-2), a protein which assists the immune system in fighting pathogens and cancer tumors. While injecting a patient with more IL-2 has been an effective cancer treatment, naturally occuring IL-2 has very serious side effects. We helped the Garcia lab to discover a form of IR-2 that was more “floppy”, which greatly increased its cancer-fighting potency. This means that it’s possible to admister theurapedic doses of it without causing the side effects. Stanford has applied for a patent, and several major pharmaceutical companies approached the Garcia lab about this discovery.

So I think it's Stanford who gets the patent. But we folders can be proud we helped for that!

Is there a major advantage folding in the Curecoin group despite obtaining coins ?

You can fold in any existing team or even create your own team. Folding in CC team gives you coins besides F@H points.

And how is the Blockchain are the Miners relevant for the Project of fold it? Since the hash can´t be used directly to help folding right?

People can participate to CC 1.0 either folding with their CPU/GPU or securing the blockchain hashing (GPU/ASIC). Hashing does not directly help folding, it only secures the coin.
To save electric power, future CC 2.0 is supposed to remove the mining part using certification authorities but not eveybody (including me) is happy with that.

Thank you for your reply! I got in mind that a few years ago, the folder for the relevant protein was considered in the ownership.
That was like an extra motivation.
So in general the idea of the coin is to attract more people into folding?
Activity: 4
I was active in foldit i think 4 years ago. How is the actual case right know if a user finds/creates a useful protein? who got the patent or the rights?

From F@H website:
We assisted Chris Garcia’s lab with their work with Interleukin 2 (IL-2), a protein which assists the immune system in fighting pathogens and cancer tumors. While injecting a patient with more IL-2 has been an effective cancer treatment, naturally occuring IL-2 has very serious side effects. We helped the Garcia lab to discover a form of IR-2 that was more “floppy”, which greatly increased its cancer-fighting potency. This means that it’s possible to admister theurapedic doses of it without causing the side effects. Stanford has applied for a patent, and several major pharmaceutical companies approached the Garcia lab about this discovery.

So I think it's Stanford who gets the patent. But we folders can be proud we helped for that!

Is there a major advantage folding in the Curecoin group despite obtaining coins ?

You can fold in any existing team or even create your own team. Folding in CC team gives you coins besides F@H points.

And how is the Blockchain are the Miners relevant for the Project of fold it? Since the hash can´t be used directly to help folding right?

People can participate to CC 1.0 either folding with their CPU/GPU or securing the blockchain hashing (GPU/ASIC). Hashing does not directly help folding, it only secures the coin.
To save electric power, future CC 2.0 is supposed to remove the mining part using certification authorities but not eveybody (including me) is happy with that.

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506
Hello,

I just found this thread and got a few questions concerning the coin and folding in general.

thanks for help Wink
Activity: 164
Merit: 100

1. They are incompetent
2. They are thief
3. They releasing something soon

Take your pick but I'm betting on number 1!

Another failure in the long list of crypto bust. I just hope it was not an organised scam like soooo many other out there...

If it would just have been a scam they wouldn't have bothered coding all the Quantum Computing Resistant stuff for CC2.0...

While I agree they should keep us updated from time to time, it's sad people are so quick at insulting them  Sad

I also keep my coins. In the worst case I've just helped F@H and in the best case (they release a decentralized quantum resistant version of the coin that will get popular) well... we'll see  Cheesy

First I'm not insulting anyone I'm merely underlying my worries... Incompetent means "not having or showing the necessary skills to do something successfully." it's not an insult, for now it is a fact! Let's hope it will change.

Second "quick" you must be a joking, right? If you had been following this project you would know that Curecoin 2.0 was supposed to come out over a year and an half ago.

If they have problems they should tell us about it, be transparent... but if they don't say anything and just come out every 5 months saying "hey btw we have a great idea we making a new coin on top of CC 2.0" with no real explanation then I'm starting to be very suspicious. They can't make CC 2.0 but they making another coin on top of it... come on??

It is not the first time I'm seeing this kind of behaviour in the bitcoin world... In general it end up with people losing their time and money!

I will be more than happy to be proven wrong but for now I'm very worried and  even more sadden because I believe in the idea of using mining for more than just confirming transactions.
Pages:
Jump to: