Author

Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS - page 121. (Read 450263 times)

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

XDN anonymity is the same as Monero because both use CryptoNote technology. But XDN has private encrypted messages with self-destruction feature, that makes XDN more anonymous than Monero. You can use messages not just for sending message but also to include some private transaction info, like payment ID (encrypted payment id).
We are working on XDN core and its security. We are trying to make it more secure with the new types of PoA blocks. 

Not quite the same, since Monero now enforces minimum mixin of 2 on transactions, and it will soon be 4. This improves the privacy of everyone using the network, see here for more info:
https://lab.getmonero.org/pubs/MRL-0004.pdf

Monero also has a much longer emission and much higher hashrate for the entire time of emission. One party controlling a huge amount of coins/tx outputs means that they can possibly unmask others txs, see here for more info:
https://lab.getmonero.org/pubs/MRL-0001.pdf
This is certainly an issue for Bytecoin, and the probability of it being an issue for XDN is much greater than XMR due to the aforementioned differences in emission.

Finally, Monero has implemented confidential ring signatures, which will go into effect in the upcoming hardfork in the next few weeks. This technology will completely mask the amount being sent in any transaction. This is something that no other Cryptonote will have when it goes into effect.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Some asked how much funds do we (devs) have. I can clearly answer not much. We are not miners or traders, we are devs. We mined it with an average CPU since the beginning. We do not have rigs and we do not trade coins. This is the tech project for us. In other words we work for free. And we are ok with that.
And we are accepting donations  Grin

Code:
ddeVS7qSiYeH5dvXbEjcA1hqQsLxfqsnVBwfZVVeGoUbGfHByAmm2ppSz2vRpxQwVQUZ5EaeGczJDgDgcYdnSBmh1x553grb8

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xdn-fundraising-for-future-1517935
Can anyone explain to me how does messaging in XDN client wallet works? I sent a message and paid the fees, and set the anonymous level.

But it has been 48 hours and it only has 0 confirmations! It means message not sent?

Did you checked self-destruction timer? If so, it will not be included in blockchain and will be destroyed (deleted from tx pool) after some time and will always be 0 confirmations.
If I'm not mistaken I think you represent XDN.

I wanna make you some questions very important to me. How the anonymity of XDN is better than that of Bitcoin, Monero and other well established altcoins?

Do you think in the near future XDN will be used in the Darknet as one of the main coins. Considering that being used in the Darknet would bring a good amount of money to DigitalNote, and makes it stronger. Are you guys working on that aspect too?

XDN anonymity is the same as Monero because both use CryptoNote technology. But XDN has private encrypted messages with self-destruction feature, that makes XDN more anonymous than Monero. You can use messages not just for sending message but also to include some private transaction info, like payment ID (encrypted payment id).
We are working on XDN core and its security. We are trying to make it more secure with the new types of PoA blocks. 

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
net profit: 2700$
And XDN has a finite supply, if I am not mistaken. I am surprised by the low price.
The current supply is 6,866,994,617 XDN and they are mentioning a max supply of  8 589 869 056 XDN, they plan on keeping the current block rewards and burn transaction fees(50%) in the case that the total supply gets close to the max. It will take 31905 days before we hsve to worry about the issue of how/if to limit the total supply.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Someone sold me 1709678 XDN for 0.4958 BTC, i guess he regretted that Grin he will regret it even more in the future when 10XDN>1$

Is it something wrong with this coin or why are ppl selling it for almost nothing? the only thing i dislike is the fast block reward halving in the beginning, i would have choosen reward
In general when it comes to cryptocurrencies low inflation results in less security, especially for pure PoW coins. Digitalnote currently have a PoW inflation of 0.3%, the current hashrate is only 18KH/s.

Is XDN a secure coin now with PoA? what if an attacker acquired 95% of hashpower and 5% of the coins?

And XDN has a finite supply, if I am not mistaken. I am surprised by the low price.
Activity: 97
net profit: 2700$
Someone sold me 1709678 XDN for 0.4958 BTC, i guess he regretted that Grin he will regret it even more in the future when 10XDN>1$

Is it something wrong with this coin or why are ppl selling it for almost nothing? the only thing i dislike is the fast block reward halving in the beginning, i would have choosen reward
In general when it comes to cryptocurrencies low inflation results in less security, especially for pure PoW coins. Digitalnote currently have a PoW inflation of 0.3%, the current hashrate is only 18KH/s.

Is XDN a secure coin now with PoA? what if an attacker acquired 95% of hashpower and 5% of the coins?
Activity: 98
Can anyone explain to me how does messaging in XDN client wallet works? I sent a message and paid the fees, and set the anonymous level.

But it has been 48 hours and it only has 0 confirmations! It means message not sent?

Did you checked self-destruction timer? If so, it will not be included in blockchain and will be destroyed (deleted from tx pool) after some time and will always be 0 confirmations.
If I'm not mistaken I think you represent XDN.

I wanna make you some questions very important to me. How the anonymity of XDN is better than that of Bitcoin, Monero and other well established altcoins?

Do you think in the near future XDN will be used in the Darknet as one of the main coins. Considering that being used in the Darknet would bring a good amount of money to DigitalNote, and makes it stronger. Are you guys working on that aspect too?
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
No need to delete the download folder but you can do it just in case
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I'm new here, not sure if this is the right topic I can write this on, if not, please forgive me.

A few days ago I downloaded the XDN wallet because I wanted to acquire some XDN coins and I noted that the synchronization is very long, after three days was still synchronizing. For some reasons I had to turn off my pc. A message popped out telling me to wait because it has to save data. After a couple of days was still saving.

Is all that normal?

I don't understand why I don't have the XDN wallet on my desktop. Every time I wish to open the wallet I have to go where I download it and pass through that process, but it doesn't show up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

What block height is your synchronisation at? Are you connecting to any peers (shown on the bottom right of the wallet)? Currently we are at block 296619.

Point a short cut from wherever you want (Desktop, Taskbar, Start) to where you have the DigitalNote files extracted to. A user's blockchain and wallet data for Windows are stored in: C:\Users\'CURRENT USER'\AppData\Roaming\digitalnote

I think that when you try to close the wallet before it has reached the top block of synchronisation, you are asked to wait in the way you experienced however I have had to force wallets to close before being fully synced without any problems.
Since I still can't get in I can't exactly tell at what block is. However for what I recollect, you may be correct.

As far as you know the synchro requires lots of memory?

I think the only solution for me would be to uninstall the wallet and then install it again. Is it enough to delete the wallet from the download folder or is there a process to follow?

I have set the timer to the highest that the slider could go.

Let me try another round without enabling self-destruction and I will update in this discussion. Thanks!
Activity: 177
Merit: 100

I'm new here, not sure if this is the right topic I can write this on, if not, please forgive me.

A few days ago I downloaded the XDN wallet because I wanted to acquire some XDN coins and I noted that the synchronization is very long, after three days was still synchronizing. For some reasons I had to turn off my pc. A message popped out telling me to wait because it has to save data. After a couple of days was still saving.

Is all that normal?

I don't understand why I don't have the XDN wallet on my desktop. Every time I wish to open the wallet I have to go where I download it and pass through that process, but it doesn't show up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

What block height is your synchronisation at? Are you connecting to any peers (shown on the bottom right of the wallet)? Currently we are at block 296619.

Point a short cut from wherever you want (Desktop, Taskbar, Start) to where you have the DigitalNote files extracted to. A user's blockchain and wallet data for Windows are stored in: C:\Users\'CURRENT USER'\AppData\Roaming\digitalnote

I think that when you try to close the wallet before it has reached the top block of synchronisation, you are asked to wait in the way you experienced however I have had to force wallets to close before being fully synced without any problems.

Is all that normal?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Is XDN worth keeping? Smiley I mined some for fun. I have the option to trade it away for BTC in exchanges.

We are introducing a Reddit tipbot soon and hopefully a payment processor. I've noticed that messages to myself don't always work, but no problems with sending messages to others.

If message to self doesn't work, is that a bug? In other messaging applications such as BitMessage, or even our traditional e-mail, there should be no reason that sending message to self should not work.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
Is XDN worth keeping? Smiley I mined some for fun. I have the option to trade it away for BTC in exchanges.

We are introducing a Reddit tipbot soon and hopefully a payment processor. I've noticed that messages to myself don't always work, but no problems with sending messages to others.

have you asked the receiver of the message?

according confirmations i just don't know.

I sent the message to myself.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

have you asked the receiver of the message?

according confirmations i just don't know.

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Is there any pool, beside Minergate alive? Miner center is not working and others I was looking on google...
Jump to: