Author

Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS - page 123. (Read 450263 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 251
I see your point on the name. You are saying "XDN"(The Name) stayed the same and you only changed the series. Moving forward, what is next for xdn marketing? Any ideas?

We need a tipbot on reddit. Jwinterm and I are trying to do this but it is hard to find a legit seller of AWS codes on bitcointalk for a VPS.

The currency will not make significant progress if we do not get a service online.
For example, even something simple like offering to swap DigitalNote for cash would be great.
People need to feel encouraged to use it as a currency: to buy and sell goods.

If anyone wants to set up a service, just talk here, I'm glad to help!
Do any of you guys know how we could sell things for XDN on a website?
Dnote hasn't really replied.

You can collect XDN payments on a website, using simplewallet or walletd. Unfortunately now you should make XDN integration by yourself, but you do have all tools you need with simplewallet or walletd JSON-RPC.
We do not have out-of-the-box modules for CMS and popular e-commerce solutions. But we do have a pretty good JSON-RPC on both wallets so you can make your own payment module.

Sorry, I tried to google "simplewallet" and "walletd," but i couldn't find anything. Could you point me to the right links?
Unfortunately I have no clue about coding and wouldn't be able to make my own payment module.
legendary
Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001
I see your point on the name. You are saying "XDN"(The Name) stayed the same and you only changed the series. Moving forward, what is next for xdn marketing? Any ideas?

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
XDN has made a big marketing mistake: it changed its name and main post too many times.

Much appreciate any opinion here. But we see this fact a little different. XDN names is like a stage names. Can compare it with Ubuntu names like
Trusty Tahr, Utopic Unicorn, Vivid Vervet, etc.
Name doesn't matter, only blockchain and its inviolability and its features.

You can collect XDN payments on a website, using simplewallet or walletd. Unfortunately now you should make XDN integration by yourself, but you do have all tools you need with simplewallet or walletd JSON-RPC.
We do not have out-of-the-box modules for CMS and popular e-commerce solutions. But we do have a pretty good JSON-RPC on both wallets so you can make your own payment module.
legendary
XDN would have been a way better bet for Darkmarket adoption vs XMR. It already has a gui wallet and the encrypted msging from the wallet would eliminate the need for PGP software. Its just nobody really knows about XDN yet. that needs to change asap

XDN has made a big marketing mistake: it changed its name and main post too many times.
I didn't follow too closely what happened here, but not long ago I tried to find some info (alive mining pools) and it was quite a challenge.
I found only one alive mining pool. That doesn't look too healthy for a coin... And quite some are still against merged mining I see...
Merged mining is great for the network, but Dogecoin has shown that it may bring the price even lower..

All in all there's quite some work to do to get people into this and make the price rise again and I don't know how.. Good luck though.

You are right, all the name changes caused some of the core people that supported the coin to leave. We just need to move forward. Let's figure out how to make it better.

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
XDN would have been a way better bet for Darkmarket adoption vs XMR. It already has a gui wallet and the encrypted msging from the wallet would eliminate the need for PGP software. Its just nobody really knows about XDN yet. that needs to change asap

I didn't follow too closely what happened here, but not long ago I tried to find some info (alive mining pools) and it was quite a challenge.
I found only one alive mining pool. That doesn't look too healthy for a coin... And quite some are still against merged mining I see...
Merged mining is great for the network, but Dogecoin has shown that it may bring the price even lower..

All in all there's quite some work to do to get people into this and make the price rise again and I don't know how.. Good luck though.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands
i think its the time .. the coin coming to its deserved place slowly.
since that great technologies exist,xdn deserve to be much more precious
legendary
I agree! This coin has the tech. It just doesn't have the marketing yet.  That is OK. This is our chance to buy. It has a dev. that does what he loves. That is important. He just needs help.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
net profit: 2700$
One downside with XDN is the long transaction time(4 minute target blocktime), still a lot better than bitcoin.
NO, i want to buy more cheap XDN first  Grin
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
If you have that much spending money you should seriously consider starting a DigitalNote service/website.
Mining is still pretty profitable since even a normal CPU does it, can you explain what you mean?
I was referring to the total revenue for the miners which currently is very small(10$/day) i currently make 4.5$/day from mining monero with 2 GPU:s

I plan to invest more but it shouldn't affect the price much(i only got about 3000$ to spend).
That's cool, such a big investment is appreciated.
Mining is still pretty profitable since even a normal CPU does it, can you explain what you mean?
I sold all my XMR and got 1 million XDN, i like the low transaction fees, proof of activity and the chat feature. The only danger i see with this coin is that mining isn't profitable at all currently(still i am against merged mining), i would have choosen a longer time between the block reward halvings.
Me other team members are always here, watching. We are focused on work, sorry for slow activity in public relations.
I know crypto can be an unforgiving adventure. I have seen many coins come and go in my time. There are at least two parts to crypto coins...I once asked a very respected person what was the key to prosperity. He said " Knowing what your good at and understanding what your not....Maybe you need help in the marketing department. This coin has potential....See it to its fullest. Don't cheat yourself. 

Sure, appreciate every help with marketing, if community want that.
We do not have any "marketing department"  Grin
But we have an awesome cryptoplatform with crypto messages and respected privacy and we are making it better. Every time we make a release, we deliver some new feature. Why? Because we like it, because we use it.
It is like climbing the stairs, on some step more people are joining you, because they enjoy that like you.
Indeed, XDN has a great future and we are passionate about that, but never, never hurry with very important features and updates.

Hi dnote, we have already started marketing.
For example, I managed to get a DigitalNote article on bitcoin-catcher.comm quite recently and we did a giveaway of 1,000 XDN per user on the digitalnote subreddit.

Since we are trying to spread the word, may I ask a few questions?

First of all, how do we set up a website where you can pay with DigitalNote?
You seem to be one of the more gifted people here in terms of coding lol.

Secondly, how much of the total mined DigitalNote do you and the developers hold (roughly)?
I ask this because a very large amount of coins have already been mined and newbies to the community seem worried about a few people having a very large stake.
Thanks a lot for continuing this coin!
Me other team members are always here, watching. We are focused on work, sorry for slow activity in public relations.
I know crypto can be an unforgiving adventure. I have seen many coins come and go in my time. There are at least two parts to crypto coins...I once asked a very respected person what was the key to prosperity. He said " Knowing what your good at and understanding what your not....Maybe you need help in the marketing department. This coin has potential....See it to its fullest. Don't cheat yourself. 

Sure, appreciate every help with marketing, if community want that.
We do not have any "marketing department"  Grin
But we have an awesome cryptoplatform with crypto messages and respected privacy and we are making it better. Every time we make a release, we deliver some new feature. Why? Because we like it, because we use it.
It is like climbing the stairs, on some step more people are joining you, because they enjoy that like you.
Indeed, XDN has a great future and we are passionate about that, but never, never hurry with very important features and updates.

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
XDN wallet syncs like lightning fast...must have some special sauce in it  Cheesy
legendary
I know crypto can be an unforgiving adventure. I have seen many coins come and go in my time. There are at least two parts to crypto coins...I once asked a very respected person what was the key to prosperity. He said " Knowing what your good at and understanding what your not"....Maybe you need help in the marketing department. This coin has potential....See it to its fullest. Don't cheat yourself.  
Jump to: