Author

Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS - page 119. (Read 450263 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I tried to end the process in task manager but it didn't work. Then I turned off and on my pc, I tried to open the wallet and finally worked.

Thanks to all of you. Great community and very useful suggestions Smiley

I can finally put my money on it. Grin

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Vulnerability disclosed affecting Monero when operating simplewallet in RPC mode. I guess it will probably affect xdn and other cryptonotes as well:

https://labs.mwrinfosecurity.com/advisories/csrf-vulnerability-allows-for-remote-compromise-of-monero-wallets
Activity: 97
net profit: 2700$
What should I do?
Try ctl+alt+delete, find digitalnotewallet.exe and end the process. If that doesn't work try restarting your computer.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117
Hello buddies,

After I synchronized the wallet I clicked the "X" to close the wallet. Soon after I had a message: "DigitalNote wallet is saving data. Please wait".

I waited for over 12 hours and it still didn't finish to save. Is it normal?

Thanks

no. this should not happen. i think you have to force quit the app and start again. and i think that nothing will happen. and btw it is easier to help you if you at least mention you OS.
Windows 7.

Here is another thing that annoying me. I closed the wallet and when I try to re-open it, it gives this message: "Fail. DigitalNote wallet already running"

What should I do?

i hope this works on windows too. you have to quick the process. is there something like an activity manager on windows? if yes, open this an search for the xdn process. close this ans restart again. if you can't do this then you have to restart your PC.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
Hello buddies,

After I synchronized the wallet I clicked the "X" to close the wallet. Soon after I had a message: "DigitalNote wallet is saving data. Please wait".

Thanks

no. this should not happen. i think you have to force quit the app and start again. and i think that nothing will happen. and btw it is easier to help you if you at least mention you OS.
Windows 7.

Here is another thing that annoying me. I closed the wallet and when I try to re-open it, it gives this message: "Fail. DigitalNote wallet already running"

What should I do?

This is a common glitch which I've experienced many times myself. All you have to do is press Ctrl alt delete at the same time, and then open the task manager.
On this, it shows your wallet to be running. Right click on it and press end process. Then try opening the wallet again and it should work as normal.
Hello buddies,

Thanks

Windows 7.

What should I do?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117
Hello buddies,

Thanks

Hello buddies,

Thanks
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
So, nobody wants to answer me regarding pools?

Since http://xmr.poolto.be/ is down, beside minergate no other pool is up, right?

Yes that is true.
But Minergate has a pretty decent hash rate.

Personally I don't like Minergate. Beside preposterous fees (you pay fee when mining and when withdrawing coins!!?!), they do have a lot of security issues, but stable pool.

Anyway I do have server ready (it is rooting in my basement), but problem I have is internet connection. I can only obtain 2 Mbps upload currently (at normal price, I don't intend to pay tons of cash just so I can have 20 Mpbs upload for XDN pool). Do you think this could secure good mining service? Those 2 Mbps are really stable.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
1. It is up to user to decide about mixin. Technically the same. Also XDN has almost no dust in blockchain (you can`t mix dust) due to the output structure. ANd Yes, indeed, messages itself make XDN far more anonymous at that moment. Imagine, you can pay using a secret payment ID hidden in message.
One difference is that Monero has a million times higher transaction fee(in $) which makes monero transactions with high mixing very expensive(i have lost at least 1$ is fees when mining and selling monero despite only using minimal mixing). Having a hardcoded transaction fee is really stupid, this was one of the reasons why i traded my 12 monero i had mined for XDN(0.00001339 XMR/XDN).

I will check out simplewallet messages when i boot with Linux again, i didn't find any information about how to send them when using the "help" command.

only code reading, only hardcore, just kidding, will add info to 'help' in next release.
1. It is up to user to decide about mixin. Technically the same. Also XDN has almost no dust in blockchain (you can`t mix dust) due to the output structure. ANd Yes, indeed, messages itself make XDN far more anonymous at that moment. Imagine, you can pay using a secret payment ID hidden in message.
One difference is that Monero has a million times higher transaction fee(in $) which makes monero transactions with high mixing very expensive(i have lost at least 1$ is fees when mining and selling monero despite only using minimal mixing). Having a hardcoded transaction fee is really stupid, this was one of the reasons why i traded my 12 monero i had mined for XDN(0.00001339 XMR/XDN). Another advantage with XDN is that is is easy to have more than one wallet on a system.

I will check out simplewallet messages when i boot with Linux again, i didn't find any information about how to send them when using the "help" command. Edit: found description in the thread.

transfer [mixin_count] [address] [-m "message"] [-ttl minutes]
At that moment XDN anonymity is above or absolutely equal to Monero in terms of technology. But XDN got crypto messages.
I though XMR was ahead in anonymity currently(more transactions and at minimum mixing of 2), can you explain how XDN is better? is it related to the ability to send messages?

I noticed when composing a self destruction message(never sent it) that the(minimum) fee was constant 0.001 XDN no matter how much i wrote or which time limit i chose, i found that a bit odd. It seams that you cant send messages from the CLI wallet, why is that?

2. Generally you should pay for blockchain storage. There is no blockchain storage need for destructed messsages.
By CLI you mean simplewallet? We have both simplewallet console and RPC for messages, check the latest commits:
https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnote/commit/01adc3c61a18e43a9c53ea6d35d302adf47d9630 Simplewallet console message sending
https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnote/commit/bdea9dd303637f3e85d7f6e44f0ea93ef95b7871      Messages 2.0 

+Release notes 3.1.0-beta
+
+- Messages 2.0 core support
+- Messages API for simplewallet
+- Basic access authentication

At that moment XDN anonymity is above or absolutely equal to Monero in terms of technology. But XDN got crypto messages.
I though XMR was ahead in anonymity currently(more transactions and at minimum mixing of 2), can you explain how XDN is better? is it related to the ability to send messages?

I noticed when composing a self destruction message(never sent it) that the(minimum) fee was constant 0.001 XDN no matter how much i wrote or which time limit i chose, i found that a bit odd. It seams that you cant send messages from the CLI wallet, why is that?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I believe a good strategy would be to spread the awareness about XDN to dissidents, they would benefit from being able to send messages and money anonymously.
I think if they can improve their anonymity, then since there is a segment of the web (darknet) very interested to it, it would be good to marketing over there, at the right time.

Waiting for bag holders to start pumping XDN. Smiley
I believe a good strategy would be to spread the awareness about XDN to dissidents, they would benefit from being able to send messages and money anonymously.
I think if they can improve their anonymity, then since there is a segment of the web (darknet) very interested to it, it would be good to marketing over there, at the right time.

Hello there,

What do you think about Proof of Activity being one of the features of XDN, suggested by someone?

I would suggest donating some to Dnote, i am considering giving away 1 million XDN but i need to be sure it goes to a person that deserve it. Our aim should be spot 1 at coinmarketcap.com, nothing less.

Some asked how much funds do we (devs) have. I can clearly answer not much. We are not miners or traders, we are devs. We mined it with an average CPU since the beginning. We do not have rigs and we do not trade coins. This is the tech project for us. In other words we work for free. And we are ok with that.
And we are accepting donations  Grin

Code:
ddeVS7qSiYeH5dvXbEjcA1hqQsLxfqsnVBwfZVVeGoUbGfHByAmm2ppSz2vRpxQwVQUZ5EaeGczJDgDgcYdnSBmh1x553grb8

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xdn-fundraising-for-future-1517935
That's all good but no one seems to answer my question of services. We need some websites selling things for DigitalNote otherwise there is no point.
We are now in the development and investment phase, due to greshams law people will not be willing to buy stuff for XDN now since you get almost nothing for your money http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/bitcoin-pizza-day-pies-now-worth-million/story?id=23824128

It seams that a high market cap actually helps a cryptocurrency in many ways.

High market cap -> Services/products being offered for the coin.
Services/products being offered for the coin -> high market cap.

One solution would be automatic conversion for buying products/services sold for BTC, that would be usefull in the transition phase. I actually think direct conversion between fiat and XDN is more important, now you have to buy bitcoins and exchange them for XDN on poloniex/hitbtc. It should be as simple as possible, bitstamp is a good example.

high market cap -> a secure network*
a secury network -> high market cap.

Solution = Proof of Activity.

*this is not always the case since higher market cap also increases the incentive for an attacker. Pure proof of work is a terrible idea http://www.neucoin.org/en/whitepaper/
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
Since http://xmr.poolto.be/ is down, beside minergate no other pool is up, right?
But Minergate has a pretty decent hash rate.
As an investor this is a little dangerous. (one pool) How can we fix this? Also, having one dev that posts infrequently makes people a little nervous. ( at times he posts often(I know) (Needs a team)
By starting a new pool https://github.com/xdn-project/cryptonote-universal-pool not sure how complicated it is, i can provide 1.5KH/s. An increase in the XDN price would attract more miners, lets buy cheap now and start marketing in oktober.

I would suggest donating some to Dnote, i am considering giving away 1 million XDN but i need to be sure it goes to a person that deserve it. Our aim should be spot 1 at coinmarketcap.com, nothing less.

That's all good but no one seems to answer my question of services. We need some websites selling things for DigitalNote otherwise there is no point.
Jump to: