Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS - page 15. (Read 450214 times)

Activity: 166
Merit: 101
dNote (dev) and the community had moved to other channels last year, dNote doesn't post here and hasn't for a year because there are too many trolls, etc.  There are 2 Ryvers, Discord, Facebook communities.  I'm not going to say I can speak for main dev but he was definitely around last year and I talked with him multiple times along with many others.  He is infamous for working silently and returning when able/necessary, historically.  He could also be Satoshi's dead cousin for all we know Cheesy, but hey look at bitcoin, look at the tech.

Can you imagine if someone like Julian Assange started using DigitalNote?  Anybody could send WikiLeaks encrypted, anonymous, untraceable leaks, anytime, 24/7, from anywhere in the world that has an internet connection available.  The tech has serious implications, and honestly doesn't need that much maintenance at its core as it remains.  Two potential things we could consider for the protocol is the addition of "Proof of Activity" and maybe lowering fees.  Other than that there are always end user projects unrelated to the core like mobile wallets or "leaking clients" and maybe a fresh wallet.  These are all things the community can work on over time, though.

A few of us were talking and we were thinking maybe we could create a fund at some point for interested community devs to tackle prioritized objectives for XDN.  For example there was a working open source pool code that many pool sites were using for DigitalNote and it needs to be updated for last year's XDN block format improvements.  It's the same pool code that most of the monero pools use, it just needs to be updated: https://github.com/xdn-project/cryptonote-universal-pool  

Hi!
It would be easier to say that the project was abandoned.
The reasons are unknown, but I think they are not far away
from what Vitalik said lately.
I think the offer to invite the developers to continue their work still exists, but
nobody does it because the price could go down.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
dNote (dev) and the community had moved to other channels last year, dNote doesn't post here and hasn't for a year because there are too many trolls, etc.  There are 2 Ryvers, Discord, Facebook communities.  I'm not going to say I can speak for main dev but he was definitely around last year and I talked with him multiple times along with many others.  He is infamous for working silently and returning when able/necessary, historically.  He could also be Satoshi's dead cousin for all we know Cheesy, but hey look at bitcoin, look at the tech.

Can you imagine if someone like Julian Assange started using DigitalNote?  Anybody could send WikiLeaks encrypted, anonymous, untraceable leaks, anytime, 24/7, from anywhere in the world that has an internet connection available.  The tech has serious implications, and honestly doesn't need that much maintenance at its core as it remains.  Two potential things we could consider for the protocol is the addition of "Proof of Activity" and maybe lowering fees.  Other than that there are always end user projects unrelated to the core like mobile wallets or "leaking clients" and maybe a fresh wallet.  These are all things the community can work on over time, though.

A few of us were talking and we were thinking maybe we could create a fund at some point for interested community devs to tackle prioritized objectives for XDN.  For example there was a working open source pool code that many pool sites were using for DigitalNote and it needs to be updated for last year's XDN block format improvements.  It's the same pool code that most of the monero pools use, it just needs to be updated: https://github.com/xdn-project/cryptonote-universal-pool  
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Interestingly, I am currently mining and transferring to a wallet on the exchange like Bittrex,  that I want to have my own wallet to store as a long-term investment.
Thanks Dev Team

[/quote]

Wallet is a full network node node. It will make XDN P2P network grow very fast. In near release we will implement a miner from an old XDN wallet. So any user will be able to mine XDN with new wallet on pool. Messages are instant, as well as transactions notifications. You can see transaction, before it is included in block.
[/quote]
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
Are the dev back?

No the Dev has not been active for almost a year Jan-13-17 in his profile was last time they were active

I created this thread
https://bytecointalk.org/showthread.php?tid=1218

and this thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/creating-your-own-cryptocurrency-an-actual-guide-not-an-easter-egg-hunt-2622444

And will be launching a series of Town based Cryptonotes, and would like to work with other Cryptonote creators.

I would like to see old coins from before 2016 be reinvented and I think that your skill could be used for future DigitalNote development, maybe others that support this coin could also come together and work on future improvements, could try

immakingacoin I know this coin could be a very good community tool and has a large base of users that are familiar with it so maybe you could put some effort into turning this into the future? PM me I know some resources that would get involved if they have a good programmer behind them.
Activity: 180
Merit: 18
Are the dev back?
Activity: 78
Any news about progress on this coin ? Have developer team showed up ?
Activity: 10
Hey, are there any news about the developing process of this coin? Does someone work on fixing the code? Is it even posibble to fix it?

The code for XDN does work. I have it running in a Virtualbox right now.
You just need make sure you use the OS and node.js version they state.

It will take a lot of rewrite on js script in there to bring it current to node.js 8.x.x or even 9.x.x

Lot of the org nodejs v0.10 functions have been changed. An example is Buffer() that is used numerous times. "new Buffer()" no longer exist and has been replace with a Buffer Class.
Actually all of nodejs is Classes now.
For Buffer in there now you use "Class::Buffer.from()", other variations in there for Buffer() also.

I was wanting to bring it to Ubuntu 17.x, but right now don't have time.

All that js in there is going to have to be gone through.

On one pool open source the developer flat out stated they were not going to support/change/update it.

There is one open source in there i found that runs on Ubuntu 16.x, using node.js 4 or 6, dont remember now.

What it all comes down to is no backward compatibility starting at nodejs 4 ( I tried nodejs 4 )

I stated earlier that maybe the developers got tired of coding and not getting something back from pool.

One of the live pools i looked at had a statement they were using a heavily modified version. Which to means they updated the code in some part.

Thanks for the update, aprreciated.
Activity: 9
Hey, are there any news about the developing process of this coin? Does someone work on fixing the code? Is it even posibble to fix it?

The code for XDN does work. I have it running in a Virtualbox right now.
You just need make sure you use the OS and node.js version they state.

It will take a lot of rewrite on js script in there to bring it current to node.js 8.x.x or even 9.x.x

Lot of the org nodejs v0.10 functions have been changed. An example is Buffer() that is used numerous times. "new Buffer()" no longer exist and has been replace with a Buffer Class.
Actually all of nodejs is Classes now.
For Buffer in there now you use "Class::Buffer.from()", other variations in there for Buffer() also.

I was wanting to bring it to Ubuntu 17.x, but right now don't have time.

All that js in there is going to have to be gone through.

On one pool open source the developer flat out stated they were not going to support/change/update it.

There is one open source in there i found that runs on Ubuntu 16.x, using node.js 4 or 6, dont remember now.

What it all comes down to is no backward compatibility starting at nodejs 4 ( I tried nodejs 4 )

I stated earlier that maybe the developers got tired of coding and not getting something back from pool.

One of the live pools i looked at had a statement they were using a heavily modified version. Which to means they updated the code in some part.

Activity: 10
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
The question is, will xdn be pumped till 300 sat again or not?

When I look at the charts, it looks like accumulating time, after this we may see it pass the 400. Even today when someone dumped XDN due to BTC value increase, it's recovering nicely.

Love my XDN
Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

When I look at the charts, it looks like accumulating time, after this we may see it pass the 400. Even today when someone dumped XDN due to BTC value increase, it's recovering nicely.
eeX
Activity: 961
Soldo.IN [SLD]
Activity: 2
Hi!

If you are bored here, or totally outdated, feel free to visit.

Everyone the XDN developers allow for you to contact them via XDN messages.
http://xdn.io/name/xdndevelopers
Let’s send the developers an XDN with a message to get
them to join this Reddit community or at least give some updates!

http://www.reddit.com/r/digitalNote/

The more reddit community joins together the better we’ll make XDN!!!

hi all who now XDN have chat ?
Reading comments on the developers' git site for this, nothing has been done in the past 4 years in relating to getting the pool code up and running.

Been working with it on home server here to see what all is wrong.
Needs a major rewrite to keep up with the current Ubuntu version.

If no one was contributing to their work, i don't blame them.
Would be a lot more pools if that code was straightened out.

Been some major change to nodejs. since v.10 to the current one.

Went back to Ubuntu 14 and the legacy libraries.
Reading the comment to dev, like posted up, still problems and developers seem to have abandoned it.

I got down to one major error and can't figure that one out, makes no sense really.

I'll run a pool, but the server i want an't cheap.
So i'll put it like is or has to be, I'll take a cut and the developers get their cut.

I don't see that leaving much if any profit for the miner.
More miners there is the less the two cuts would be.
Meaning percentage cuts of both being lowered as more miners joined the pool.

the xdn-project/cryptonote-universal-pool runs. I say it runs, it does what its suppose to considering i dont have coin a daemon running in it.
It didn't stop running, it just continuously looped stating there was no daemon data available. Which is what i expected it to do.

now the problem comes in that a Digitalnote at this time is only valued at just over 0.02 USD.

Does anyone have a guess-ta-ment as to what hash rate miners are using on Digitalnote pools or solo?

Digitalnote was suppose to be handled at the cpu level, but i dont think that's happening, meaning a lot of GPUs in there at majority.
Activity: 364
Merit: 19
Hi there,

I'm putting together an evaluation matrix of all notable Anonymous/Private cryptocurrencies, and could use your help clarifyiing DigitalNote.    Feedback including reference to something official (website, whitepaper etc) or Dev comments (or devs themselves) would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anonymity-security-and-privacy-anonymous-cryptocurrency-enhancement-comparsion-2669844

We are at an interesting turning point finally for XDN.  My perspective from 2014 (the time of release of this coin) has paid off and we are now entering a new era.  It's clear that it has a lot of community support, we just need more active developers in the community to help continue progress.

Grin officialmcafee  Grin Cool, I like that you bring a 2014 perspective  Cool

That's good, but can you sell them?

My wallet from 2010 is like Gone with the Wind.

Good point.  Need to be listed on more exchanges, or something.  This is ridiculous..   Undecided

Plenty of new Exchanges to submit it to, I bought some from bittrex - think I used to think this coin would not make it past 2015 - man was I wrong -

Reading comments on the developers' git site for this, nothing has been done in the past 4 years in relating to getting the pool code up and running.

Been working with it on home server here to see what all is wrong.
Needs a major rewrite to keep up with the current Ubuntu version.

If no one was contributing to their work, i don't blame them.
Would be a lot more pools if that code was straightened out.

Been some major change to nodejs. since v.10 to the current one.

Went back to Ubuntu 14 and the legacy libraries.
Reading the comment to dev, like posted up, still problems and developers seem to have abandoned it.

I got down to one major error and can't figure that one out, makes no sense really.

I'll run a pool, but the server i want an't cheap.
So i'll put it like is or has to be, I'll take a cut and the developers get their cut.

I don't see that leaving much if any profit for the miner.
More miners there is the less the two cuts would be.
Meaning percentage cuts of both being lowered as more miners joined the pool.
Activity: 166
Merit: 101
We are at an interesting turning point finally for XDN.  My perspective from 2014 (the time of release of this coin) has paid off and we are now entering a new era.  It's clear that it has a lot of community support, we just need more active developers in the community to help continue progress.

Hi!

Maybe some follow our invitations?
If even you want to see further development and a common growth,
it should not be impossible, and everyone is welcome to join.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Grin officialmcafee  Grin Cool, I like that you bring a 2014 perspective  Cool

That's good, but can you sell them?

My wallet from 2010 is like Gone with the Wind.

Good point.  Need to be listed on more exchanges, or something.  This is ridiculous..   Undecided

Plenty of new Exchanges to submit it to, I bought some from bittrex - think I used to think this coin would not make it past 2015 - man was I wrong -
Activity: 3
Activity: 1034
Hitbtc wallet is available but not working at the moment, so don't bother to arbitrage between Hitbtc and Bittrex.

I have a pending withdrawal for more than 8 hours

XDN withdrawal done, but took around 24 hours in Hitbtc...  Bittrex working fine
Pages:
Jump to: