Author

Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65% - page 216. (Read 1260595 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
I've been running a permanent node for the past 2/3 years on an Intel NUC:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/nuc/overview.html

It rocks!

Grin

yes nice little beasts
i think any windows maschine with 2 GB ram can easy run a DMD node

so there will be lot lot different ones people from our community try out

i look forward to read about how stable this things are and how many masternodes u can run on them

i spend a bit time research about onion private services and our codebase will allow use that for MN too

to me it looks like to be a backdoor to run MN at home even if u just have a dynamic IP

and on top it anonymize ur MN ip and by this ur country and internet provider
legendary

algo will be most likely XEVAN (CPU/GPU)

Hi again Cryptonit and thanks for answering!

What rationale is there for choosing XEVAN (bitsend) algo?

Would it not be better to use a more popular algo like e.g. Equihash, Cryptonote or Dagger?

I cannot get Xevan to work on SG on any of my rigs - only CPU mining and there is little support.

Either way I'm hoarding DMD in a big way Grin

xevan miners are young u can expect many improvements and also beside AMD a NVIDIA miner be released  too after dmd v3 launch

we did choose xevan because its a rare algo so we wont be targeted by multipools

and we did choose xevan because we see as a possible future goal to set up merged mining with bitsend
legendary

we aim for whitepaper release at DMD 4th birthday

Where's the whitepaper?

hint: explorer block 1 show when we are born
Activity: 223
Merit: 100

algo will be most likely XEVAN (CPU/GPU)

Hi again Cryptonit and thanks for answering!

What rationale is there for choosing XEVAN (bitsend) algo?

Would it not be better to use a more popular algo like e.g. Equihash, Cryptonote or Dagger?

I cannot get Xevan to work on SG on any of my rigs - only CPU mining and there is little support.

Either way I'm hoarding DMD in a big way Grin
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
what time line this masternode upgrade having?

will there be a governance/voting addition?
will there be developer funding block tax?
what form of anon are we going for?

interesting news but how long is implementation going to be?

we aim for whitepaper release at DMD 4th birthday
and the wallet release not much later
so the goal is a summer release

we aim to have a voting system but we wont link any MN tax system
we see a voting system as a way to get feedback

we will have a small development funding mechanism but not in a way that it cut MN rewards on each block

we will start with "normal" anonymous transaction as dash invented it
but we aim to evaluate other mechanism too as example pivx is researching based on zerocoin protocol

we have a new DMD Diamond Foundation Member who will join us as CTO and lead developer
an stick with us not just for DMD v3 release but also for upcoming improvements that will be added later on

so dont worry about ongoing development but still we wont play testcoin for new technologies
but follow our strategie of adding proven and secure technologies to expand DMD Diamond abilities
Where's the whitepaper?
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
I've been running a permanent node for the past 2/3 years on an Intel NUC:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/nuc/overview.html

It rocks!

Grin
Activity: 134
Merit: 12
My recommendation for a cheap 24/7 node would be this box : Zotac ZBOX BI322

Without SSD, RAM and Windows OS you can get it for 105 Euro:
https://geizhals.at/zotac-zbox-bi322-zbox-bi322-e-a1358486.html

With 32 GB SSD, 2 GB RAM and Windows 10 Home you can get it for 180 Euro:
https://geizhals.at/zotac-zbox-bi322-windows-10-home-zbox-bi322-be-w3b-a1358502.html

If you have some more budget you can also go for the quadcore CPU for 130:
https://geizhals.at/zotac-zbox-bi323-zbox-bi323-e-a1345078.html

You may ask why I recommend this one, the big plus is 5 years Zotac warranty!
Activity: 896
Merit: 290
we have an open spot as a community supporter

since chilo became inactive this thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14905078

is abandoned and not updated

is there someone who can set up and maintain a new DMD FAQ thread which should cover same topics as the old one but with new links and updated as needed?

I would be willing to try if no one has stepped up already.
Activity: 505
Merit: 500
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/pipo-x9-hybrid-windows-10-android-mini-pc-review/

this things this days are around 100$

i will order one and test it as a stable cryptocoin node

it could be the low cost low power useage 24/7 node that people who dont want to jump on raspberry and spend time learn new stuff can use

I think it's necessary to conduct tests on computers that are much more common in different countries.
sure that pipo is currently a rare thing and in some countries it is simply impossible to get it.
I found LattePanda, but this thing is more suitable for geeks than for ordinary users.
Users report that, under load, throttling may occur and to avoid this it is necessary to have cooling radiators and a fan.
If you order a case for LattePanda, the radiators and fan do not fit into it. For this you need to modify the case ... a normal user will not deal with this.
So I see a way out only in buying a nettop with an economical processor. Will be more expensive in 1.5-2 times and slightly more power consumption. By my calculations about 6-10 kW per month (instead of 1.5-2.5 kW for LattePanda). In my country 10 kW is about 37 cents. I think it's not much.
So how do you look at MSI Cubi N, Gigabyte Brix, Intel NUC? (1-3 years of official warranty from the manufacturer in my country)
Processor celeron or Pentium (power consumption 4-6 W).
4 gigabytes of operating memory (guarantee in my country 5 years)
SSD 64-120 (Intel, Samsung pro version). But between 64 and 120 the price difference is not big (power consumption 1-3 W). (Guarantee in my country 5-10 years)
Having put on your taste programs for remote management you can see the nettop screen on your smartphone, tablet, PC.
And what kind of guarantee does LattePanda give me in my country? - 6 months. Smiley
Is not the choice obvious?
what do you think?

UPD:
Found in my country
PIPO X8 Intel z3736f 2/32Gb, 7"/1280*800     Android 4.4+Windows 10 WIFI 802.11 b/g/n 3G by price 110$ (24 month warranty)
PIPO X9 Intel z3736f 2/32Gb, 8.9"/1920x1200 Android 4.4+Windows 10 WIFI 802.11 b/g/n 3G by price 133$ (24 month warranty)
PIPO X9 Intel z3736f 2/64Gb, 8.9"/1920x1200 Android 4.4+Windows 10 WIFI 802.11 b/g/n 3G by price 180$ (12-24 month warranty)

Pipo X10 Intel Cherry Trail Z8300, 64Gb, Win10&Android, USB 3.0, battery 10000 mAh, Display 10.8 inches 1920x1280 + HDMI... by price 188$ (Up to 12 month warranty)

PIPO X10 Pro (Intel Z8350, 4GB(Does not expand)/64GB, LAN, Windows 10, power consumption 3-7 W, WIFI 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth, 4 x USB, HDMI, 10.8" FHD screen, battery 10000 mAh) TV BOX by price 221$ (12 month warranty) 5.2 kW per month.
legendary
Guys to keep the dmd network strong.. here is a list of all the current addnodes for wallet 2.1.0.4:

Just add a diamond.conf and paste this inside it:

Question: if I running a wallet in 24/7 mode - is it can be count, as stable node?

if ya have no static ip u will never come close to 200 connections
but still a lot supportive dynamic IP nodes still very imported for a great stable decentralized network

keep in mind for its marketcap area DMD Diamond ahve one of the biggest and most well spread around the globe node network

thx to all supporters who make this happen

a node support the network most if it use listen=1 and a high maxconnections setting

here a example of a supportive node diamond.conf
(only do this if ya have no traffic limit)

##########################

#all lines with a
#in front are optional settings
#and inactive as long as u leave the #

rpcuser=changethis
rpcpassword=changethisTOsomethingLongLongLongLongLong
logtimestamps=1
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1
noirc=1
maxconnections=200
addnode=213.136.80.93
addnode=37.187.176.193
addnode=167.114.184.20
addnode=213.136.86.202
addnode=213.136.86.205
addnode=213.136.86.207
addnode=84.39.96.180

#changeaddress=dPjcwfXbHMgECfdFJzE7ohNqehfR3kaGCz

banscore=100
bantime=600
rpcport=17772
rpcallowip=192.168.*.*
#adapt above IP towards the first two numbers of ur private network

# to disable PoS
#reservebalance=9999999

# for more logging
#debug=1
#printcoinage=1
#printcreation=1
#printpriority=1
#printstakemodifier=1
#printcoinstake=1
#printfee=1
#printjunk=1

##########################

legendary
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/pipo-x9-hybrid-windows-10-android-mini-pc-review/

this things this days are around 100$

i will order one and test it as a stable cryptocoin node

it could be the low cost low power useage 24/7 node that people who dont want to jump on raspberry and spend time learn new stuff can use
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
Guys to keep the dmd network strong.. here is a list of all the current addnodes for wallet 2.1.0.4:

Just add a diamond.conf and paste this inside it:

Question: if I running a wallet in 24/7 mode - is it can be count, as stable node?
Activity: 774
Merit: 554
CEO Diamond Foundation
it really shouldn't take more than an hour to load the block index, just saying. this wallet is terribly out dated, it should just skim the headers and load really fast. like litecoin.

u are aware that DMD v3 will release in summer with total state of the art technology
slim chain performance optimized and and and?

Fyi - I just loaded a brand new wallet using Vegasguys blockchain a few posts back in under 5 minutes.

Vegasguys blockchain has been added to ANN - it's 'wget' friendly (Linux).
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
it really shouldn't take more than an hour to load the block index, just saying. this wallet is terribly out dated, it should just skim the headers and load really fast. like litecoin.

u are aware that DMD v3 will release in summer with total state of the art technology

Fyi - I just loaded a brand new wallet using Vegasguys blockchain a few posts back in under 5 minutes.
legendary

Activity: 774
Merit: 554
CEO Diamond Foundation

I don't think same method is possible with PoS coins while LTC is exclusively PoW.
Surely DMD v2 is an older code base, but DMD v3 will be the state of the art with ultrafast loading time ... Smiley
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
legendary
we have an open spot as a community supporter

since chilo became inactive this thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14905078

is abandoned and not updated

is there someone who can set up and maintain a new DMD FAQ thread which should cover same topics as the old one but with new links and updated as needed?

legendary
regarding nodes stick please with suggested nodelist from first posting of ANN thread we keep this up2date
and its all DMD Diamond Foundation hosted nodes

listen=1
noirc=1
addnode=213.136.80.93
addnode=37.187.176.193
addnode=167.114.184.20
addnode=213.136.86.202
addnode=213.136.86.205
addnode=213.136.86.207
addnode=84.39.96.180
bantime=600
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
dmd network is strong af. This party is just getting started. Thanks for the node list and GREAT JOB team! LETSGO!
Jump to: