Author

Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65% - page 324. (Read 1260624 times)

Activity: 150
Merit: 101
The hen or the egg
The PoS change you are suggesting is a very fundamental change to DMD features and I would like to know more about the reasons for proposing such a change. Without other facts, my opinion still is that there should not be any changes to the current DMD PoS system.

I agree and still do not understand the reasons for the proposal.
To me wasn't answered why to change the rules "game"?

we can give more details about that later
for now the answer have to be cloudy

because we will use a advanced POS technology
which we can adapt to some degree but not total to be the same as now

DMD POS technology we have now is like a sword
maybe the most sharp and best forged sword existing

but what we aim for is a gun to be a  state of the art for the future of crypto economy

DMD 3.0 isnt just a change in POS
it a total codebase overhaul towards state of the art technology
the goal is nothing less than have inside our wallet code the best POW/POS hybrid codebase possible end 2016

i understand many love that sailship called DMD Diamond

but its time to paint the name on a ship that utilize state of the art technology

I understand your point, however a sword is always a sword, but a gun with wet gunpowder or without bullets is almost useless Wink

This is not about not appreciating the work that’s being done on DMD Diamond or being against improvements. Certainly there are a lot of improvements that can be done at DMD, but from a user perspective I do not see the proposed change of PoS as an improvement. If this new code is so top of the art, then I am sure it can be modified to suit different requirements.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
[We wouldn't be having this debate if it was
@ 30 bucks. Mister
BTC at 400+ bucks and there are still discussions even different dev teams ......
if u see how paralyzed BTC is because a little decision about max blocksize
i think in fact that coins like DMD will be able achieve lot more improvements
and steps ahead  into future with much less discussions
Activity: 896
Merit: 520
I think we are ignoring one important fact: The Reactor is running 24/7/365 and is also the largest DMD holder which will gain most from variable PoS rate (Cryptonit is largest holder and also a L10 holder).  I think greed is a large factor ... who gains the most from these changes Huh
That is why I got away from 24/7 minting. Its my weight vs network weight.
I am not going to gain weight having the wallet on 24/7.
The competition is too fierce.
Just a bigger hydro bill. Where I am from we pay time of day pricing.
3x more expensive for the same kilowatt in the day time as at night.
If Dmd was at the same stature as Bitcoin. We would all have our wallets open
24/7 and not for minting purposes. Right?
I get the same returns in a few hours versus all week being open 24/7.
There is not enough liguidity in the diamond network.
If there was,once again we would have our wallets open.
As a matter of fact I have around 5300 plus.
When I mint at least 1000 will stake in those few hours.
Almost 20- 25 percent of my wallet everytime. Nice big piles
and the least amount of inputs.
All these people talk of profits. What? @ 30 cents.
People should want to run their wallets 24/7 but not for
a prize. There sure are alot of bells and whistles being
implemented to stabilize @ 30 cents.
What was the value before the bells and whistles?
Enough said. We wouldn't be having this debate if it was
@ 30 bucks. Mister

Activity: 442
Merit: 250
I think we are ignoring one important fact: The Reactor is running 24/7/365 and is also the largest DMD holder which will gain most from variable PoS rate (Cryptonit is largest holder and also a L10 holder).  I think greed is a large factor ... who gains the most from these changes Huh

The 4 amigos agreed, Diamond way or the highway?
Their are other hybrid coins out there, that won't change the rules on you' old chap.
Without your support on the exchanges supporting the current price, it would nose dive.

Decision Time , Mate.

Cheers,
AG18
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

LOL - I was actually thinking to myself - wow - utahjohn is sounding coherent and making valid points - he is either on medication or has changed his ways - then you post this.  Come on man - pick which side of the personality fence you want to be on!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

I m really sick and tired listening to you shitting about DMD and DMD team when it is obvious DMD has brought nothing but profits to all of us, including you. Cryptonit has spent countless hours working on this project so you and the rest of us could stake our coins and make some money. On the other hand, all you did s constantly complaining how something s bad for holders and how the team s going to steal the money and run.

If I remember correctly, about a year ago, you and another troll foretasted how reactor s a bad decision and how it s a huge risk for DMD. Well, where is the risk? Has there been a single missed reactor payout? Is there a single person not being paid, ever?

Instead of constantly sabotaging your own investment and our investments as well, maybe you should be a bit more proactive and try to help out DMD and our team. If not, pls let me know how many coins you have and I will gladly buy them off you at current market price.

I know my reply s bit strong but I really cannot understand people having doubts in the team and Cryptonit after 3 fucking years of everyone invested into DMD profiting from this coin without a single scandal or a reason not to trust us. Stop being paranoid and help DMD out.

Thank you very much.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

Every major investor in DMD has a right to apply for a good profit.
This is normal.
 But when I see your statements that are opposite in nature, I do not understand what you are striving for.
I doubt that you are the large investor to the DMD (taking into account your previous inadequate statements).
 Therefore, the best solution for you will not interfere with the work of the core team, or just walk away into the shadows.
Even if you have a certain amount of DMD you just lose your money if you continue to interfere with the formation of future changes for Diamond
legendary

if u believe what u wrote u should leave DMD
basically u stated u dont trust the team
which should make u rethink ur investment

or i could understand it the way that u want me to leave

which in fact is for me easyer than u might think

i spend most of my crypto business time into DMD
because all my hearthblood is in this project

from financial point of view i have many more projects i could focus on

it would be easy repay all L10 BTC which would be used to develop DMD v3
dont release wallet 2.1 and stop work on wallet 3.0

are u the men who will lead DMD and create a new foundation?

i think the luxury to have high active team working for u
is not valued and respected the way it should be by u

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Activity: 630
Donkeypool.com is up and running for ETH mining Smiley Currently 4 miners Smiley  Testing it out for a while ...
Mine straight to your ETH address whether it's a bittrex address or whatever, not automatically exchanged like nicehash does ... a bit more freedom of choice Smiley

I gave it a try earlier today.  I like donkeypool because the hash rate it calculates looks closer to my actual hash rate than any of the other ETH pools I've tried.  Some are a clear rip-off giving credit for a only fraction of the actual hash rate. However, I am still getting up the learning curve with ETH.  The miner and the wallet appear to be bare bones compared to most others.  I created an app to allow me to control my miners remotely via the RPC API in ccminer and sgminer.  It appears ethminer does not have any similar capability which means if I mine ETH I will be in the blind as to the status of my mining rigs.  

If I mine ETH in a pool, I will definitely go with donkeypool assuming payouts are reasonable for my hash rate.
I talked to owner of pool earlier, he is working on stats this weekend, it's still kinda in testing still but blocks being found Smiley
It will take several days I assume to reach 1 ETH payout threshold ... but I have confidence in pool too Smiley
Yep hashrate MUCH closer and I like being able to trade when I feel exchange rate is good rather than go blindly on nicehash ...
Latest ethminer.exe (1.07) seems slower than previous versions, I am still using 1.03 from nicehash ... but 1.07 has several new useful command line options such as failover which I could really use Smiley
Yep Davembg is a honest guy and I have worked with him before when donkeypool was DMD ...
Activity: 416
Merit: 270
Donkeypool.com is up and running for ETH mining Smiley Currently 4 miners Smiley  Testing it out for a while ...
Mine straight to your ETH address whether it's a bittrex address or whatever, not automatically exchanged like nicehash does ... a bit more freedom of choice Smiley

I gave it a try earlier today.  I like donkeypool because the hash rate it calculates looks closer to my actual hash rate than any of the other ETH pools I've tried.  Some are a clear rip-off giving credit for a only fraction of the actual hash rate. However, I am still getting up the learning curve with ETH.  The miner and the wallet appear to be bare bones compared to most others.  I created an app to allow me to control my miners remotely via the RPC API in ccminer and sgminer.  It appears ethminer does not have any similar capability which means if I mine ETH I will be in the blind as to the status of my mining rigs.  

If I mine ETH in a pool, I will definitely go with donkeypool assuming payouts are reasonable for my hash rate.

legendary
cryptonit

without explanation, it is difficult for me to understand why invented these changes.
but I see that you are for some reason decided to reduce the annual interest rate and the ability to come up with any ways to get people to do it.
When such changes may appear "weak hands" who will be forced to sell all their coins. Then someone will buy the majority of these coins. And then that someone might agitate raise annual interest. There are many options. Who can guarantee that this will not happen?
if the problem is only to start the wallet once in 14 days, that I don't see in it a problem because the majority of wallets so do it constantly.
in blokchain seen some wallets which don't run 30 or more days, but this unit.
I want to see stability in DMD as in bank on which it is possible to rely, and not changes which are necessary for some people.
Perhaps we need to reach agreement that the global changes DMD discussed every six months or a year. Or, when the market cryptocurrency occur global changes.
I am not a conservative, but I prefer a balanced approach to the changes.
Do you want us to discuss the issue with no idea why this is necessary Smiley
(Also I want you to understand, this is possibly due to translation difficulties, but I am concerned the changes that I do not understand) Smiley
therefore want to read all explanation why all of this is done after you decide to write them. i'll be waiting.

Имeннo пoэтoмy я и cкaзaл чтo нeт cмыcлa oбcyждaть oтдeльныe пyнкты в нoвoй вepcии бyмaжникa 3.0 бeз пpeдocтaвлeния вceм инвecтopaм oбщeгo плaнa c чeтким oтoбpaжeниeм вoзмoжныx измeнeний.

That's why I said that there is no point in discussing the individual items in the new version of the wallet 3.0 without giving all investors a common plan with a clear display of the possible changes.
If Cryptonit does not want to publish the full details here, so as not to reveal all the secrets it is possible to provide access to it in the DMD slack chanel.
Activity: 505
cryptonit

without explanation, it is difficult for me to understand why invented these changes.
but I see that you are for some reason decided to reduce the annual interest rate and the ability to come up with any ways to get people to do it.
When such changes may appear "weak hands" who will be forced to sell all their coins. Then someone will buy the majority of these coins. And then that someone might agitate raise annual interest. There are many options. Who can guarantee that this will not happen?
if the problem is only to start the wallet once in 14 days, that I don't see in it a problem because the majority of wallets so do it constantly.
in blokchain seen some wallets which don't run 30 or more days, but this unit.
I want to see stability in DMD as in bank on which it is possible to rely, and not changes which are necessary for some people.
Perhaps we need to reach agreement that the global changes DMD discussed every six months or a year. Or, when the market cryptocurrency occur global changes.
I am not a conservative, but I prefer a balanced approach to the changes.
Do you want us to discuss the issue with no idea why this is necessary Smiley
(Also I want you to understand, this is possibly due to translation difficulties, but I am concerned the changes that I do not understand) Smiley
therefore want to read all explanation why all of this is done after you decide to write them. i'll be waiting.
legendary
u missunderstand me i dont want to reward 1 3 7 14 30 days different

i just said that we have to select one of this timeframes as trigger between active and inactive state

regarding ur input that  at 2500000 total coins trigger

POS should not instant switch

from 25 to 5% POS

that could be part of DMD 3.0

but still in a way that the total coinrollout timeframe will be similar as original planed

over 30 years to reach 4.3 million total coins
legendary
I think that it is necessary to introduce the concept of the base rate.
for example 20% POS income for all owners of DMD.
The rest - 5% will be calculated on how long wallet holds active. 100% of the time = 24 hours a day = the full of the remaining 5%

that could be also a possibility

but then the POS boost u get for being active wallet will be more than 5%

because it would be only 5% of everyone have his wallet online
the more people have wallet offline the more the boost will be bigger than 5%

i think the two numbers why i stated that discussion is

the base rate
10 15 20 22,5 %

and the timeframe between minting POS blocks where we can still consider a wallet as active
(ignore the actual 9 days min age at the new system u could easy stake each day if u are online)
1 3 7 14 30 days

the reward for active wallets deepens on what we chose as base stakerate and and how many wallets are not active

the pot of POS based coin rollout will in DMD 3.0 not bigger than now
but he also wont be smaller than now

just the distribution will be a tiny bit (if a base stakerate of 22,5%)
or significant (if the base stakerate is lower the boost for activity will be much higher)
different and reward activity more

my personal opinion is

a base stakerate of 15 or 20%

and a activity trigger that require u to stake at least once a week
or every 14 days to be seen as active wallet and get the boost on top of base stakerate

this will be the best of both worlds

As I understand the meaning of your offer is to get  more active users in the network.
What people could buy a mini PC on the based ROKOS and know what they are creating such a nodes will have maximum profit.
Taking into account the cost of equipment and electricity, I think that 5% of the additional revenue that will receive each active user is normal.
What receive exact distribution of 5% between active users, I think that with the mathematical function we can accurately calculate revenue per active user given the overall percentage of active wallets online.

Certainly possible distribution of awards to the wallet for your activity diagram, 1 3 7 14 30 research days but it will be a more complex system.
Given the presence in it of 10 legendary addresses with the increased income, I still do not understand how it would be consistent with each other.
Also how such a system would work if reaching 2.5 million coins should happen reduction POS rewards of up to 5%?
then you should also provide for a smooth decrease of awards rather than a sharp jump from 25% to 5 as of now

In general, you have selected the scheme should be balanced and resistant to sudden launch of a large number of large wallets and the emergence of a large number of miners  (stress test)
as practice shows, smooth system more resistant to changes than threshold switcher..
And this is system will not cause sharp fluctuations in the market price for coin of the sudden decrease in awards
legendary
The rest - 5% will be calculated on how long wallet holds active. 100% of the time = 24 hours a day = the full of the remaining 5%

that could be also a possibility

but then the POS boost u get for being active wallet will be more than 5%

because it would be only 5% of everyone have his wallet online
the more people have wallet offline the more the boost will be bigger than 5%

i think the two numbers why i stated that discussion is

the base rate
10 15 20 22,5 %

and the timeframe between minting POS blocks where we can still consider a wallet as active
(ignore the actual 9 days min age at the new system u could easy stake each day if u are online)
1 3 7 14 30 days

the reward for active wallets deepens on what we chose as base stakerate and and how many wallets are not active

the pot of POS based coin rollout will in DMD 3.0 not bigger than now
but he also wont be smaller than now

just the distribution will be a tiny bit (if a base stakerate of 22,5%)
or significant (if the base stakerate is lower the boost for activity will be much higher)
different and reward activity more

my personal opinion is

a base stakerate of 15 or 20%

and a activity trigger that require u to stake at least once a week
or every 14 days to be seen as active wallet and get the boost on top of base stakerate

this will be the best of both worlds

legendary
legendary
i never stated active have to be 24/7
what we consider as active is what we set as time frame between POS blocks created

as explained before we could even see 7 or 14 days intervall between POS blocks produced as active

which cover for a normal dude anything beside a long holyday oversea

and really if u spend 4 weeks on hawai i guess that u stake this 4 weeks 5% less wont hurt ya

on the other side that the other 48 weeks of the year u stake more would make ya happy or?

Jump to: