Author

Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65% - page 326. (Read 1260624 times)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554
CEO Diamond Foundation
Looks like the 2700 DMD is about gone, I got quite a few at .00063025 Smiley price will recover Smiley
Haha take it down to 0.00001 I don't think so talks_alot!
I will be LOLing all the way to the bank when I dump the price to 0.00001. Scamcoins like dmd shitcoin deserves a spanking.

Haha... Wink you've made my day with that joke.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Looks like the 2700 DMD is about gone, I got quite a few at .00063025 Smiley price will recover Smiley
I will be LOLing all the way to the bank when I dump the price to 0.00001. Scamcoins like dmd shitcoin deserves a spanking.
Activity: 729
Merit: 513
Got my first 1000 today Smiley
Been waiting for a good price!

Now get a wallet and start to mint them... You will get ~ 20 DMD / month Smiley

Already got em in there. How often do I need to open it to stake ?
Wish i would have gotten this at the beginning Smiley

Once a week is fine, keep it open for a few days.

Some people have it staking all the time, it s up to you, there isn't much difference when staking smaller amounts.

If you deposited all 1000 DMD in a single pile into your wallet, then you will see after 9-10 days it mints ~ 6-7 DMD Smiley
You can keep the wallet closed now and open it after 9 days... leave it 1-2 days open in minting mode and it will mint.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

Once a week is fine, keep it open for a few days.

Some people have it staking all the time, it s up to you, there isn't much difference when staking smaller amounts.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Activity: 672
Activity: 630
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

If there is a need for more nodes to strengthen the network I think the idea that was proposed earlier last year, some sort of Proof of Node, could be taken into consideration again. I am not sure how to finance Proof of Node, perhaps by transaction fees, but they are rather small at the moment. Another option is to put a low percentage fee on all the PoS blocks that could be distributed to the Proof of Nodes.

basical the reward for frequent active wallets is exactly that Prove of Node

and what not active addresses mint less

is exact the by u suggested low fee on POS blocks which is used to power

prove of node rewards

if the timeframe between minting a block is 14 days to be seen as active address
u think u not manage to mint at least once every 14 days?
how about 30 days?

legendary
cryptonit

1. minimum staking period - in the original plan was seven days, now you're talking about 14 days.

never said that

i was asking what timeframe between POS blocks created we should still consider as a active wallet

that have nothing to do with min stake age
Activity: 150
Merit: 101
The hen or the egg
more feedback from more people welcome

we want to learn how you use the wallet

to make sure the improvements in security and functionality that DMD 3.0 will bring

still let u use DMD the way u used it until yet

My opinion is that there should not be any changes to the current PoS system and how it works.

Not all people can run their wallets constantly, or even several times a month. Also, a lot of people work, for example I am often away on work for several weeks and that does not fit with having to keep a Diamond wallet up and running within a certain timeframe.

If I would like to spend a lot of time in managing coins, syncing wallets in different timeframes and so on, there are hundreds of other PoS coins out there I could choose. Current PoS system is one of the strongest features of Diamond, you are not ruled by network techniques when and in what timeframe you have to PoS, you PoS your Diamonds when you have the possibility to do so. Simplicity is beautiful.

There are also the smaller DMD holders. I guess that it sometimes can be quite difficult for them to stake a coinpile within 14 days, even if they have the wallet open 24/7. In that case they have still contributed to the network 24/7 but with no successful staking for two weeks they have to settle for a lower stakerate/reward on the next PoS. I guess that would feel very disappointing.

I think that the suggestion to have different percentage for PoS rewards depending on activity is a step in the wrong direction. In my opinion Diamond should be for everyone no matter where you live, how many DMD you have, or if you have high or low internet accessability.

If there is a need for more nodes to strengthen the network I think the idea that was proposed earlier last year, some sort of Proof of Node, could be taken into consideration again. I am not sure how to finance Proof of Node, perhaps by transaction fees, but they are rather small at the moment. Another option is to put a low percentage fee on all the PoS blocks that could be distributed to the Proof of Nodes.
Activity: 505
cryptonit
thanks for the answer, I understood. short sentences is easier to translate.

But.
Why did you decide to raise questions about:
1. minimum staking period - in the original plan was seven days, now you're talking about 14 days. Why increase the time limit? What it will give the average user DMD?
2. POS rewards for constantly wallet online - Why increase the number of online wallets? the network is not stable, it is threatened? I think no.
You have repeatedly said that the dmd network is very reliable, and time has proved that this is so. What has changed, what you want to change the rules of the "game"?

The network is stable, people do not talk about, what do need to change something in payment the online wallets, means people are satisfied and POS payment terms appear fair - all are equal. I think it is not necessary to make an imbalance in the interest payment conditions of different people with different capabilities.

If I'm wrong and you have reinforced concrete arguments and they are convincing and logical, I'll be the first who will support you.
But I am against changing the POS percent for those who are not able to be always online.
legendary
cryptonit

please tell me who exactly will monitor my wallet when it is online? Smiley

no one

its all visible in blockchain
when a address staked the last time

already now
for each POS coin

every DMD user is and stay anonymous
like all cryptocurrencies i know
DMD  dont track IPs or any other stuff that link persons or locations to addresses

all the info that is stored in blockchain is about transactions

and minting a POS block is a transaction too
mining a POW block is a transaction too

in that both cases its a transaction that create new coins because ur address solved a task
as coded in the sourcecode that is the base of a cryptocoin network

hope google translation get this understandable into russian language

to go for sure i write in easy words:

DMD Diamond dont know when ur wallet is online

but the blockchain know when a address is involved in a transaction and that include the time when it happened
Activity: 505
cryptonit

I don't understand a half of that that you write because of the translation...

please tell me who exactly will monitor my wallet when it is online? Smiley
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
i currently run the wallet 24/7, and will continue to do so when i get my rpi2 setup. i think this is a good discussion as incentive for others to run theirs 24/7 will help the network as a whole, though it runs really smooth as is.
legendary
thx for share the way u use the wallet Mister1k

this show us that there is a difference between run the wallet for sync and open it for minting too

but for us there is no way to see if u have ur wallet open other than to see that u minted a block

so for activity tracking we can just take that in account

and the activity tracking would be address based not wallet based

a wallet means a gathering of private address keys to manage several addresses

is not visible or existing in the blockchain

u can try to guess like some blockexplorer do by look if some addresses involved in same transactions

but basically from blockchain perspective it can only seperate by addresses not by wallets

so overall a 14 day minted a POS block trigger for active flag would fit to they way u use the wallet too mister1k

more feedback from more people welcome

we want to learn how you use the wallet

to make sure the improvements in security and functionality that DMD 3.0 will bring

still let u use DMD the way u used it until yet
Activity: 896
Merit: 520
I open my wallet once every day or two to sync.
I unlock and stake once every 7 to 10 days,
Soley Based on my weight.
When I am 90,000 to 100,000. I unlock and stake.
Below that threshold,I dont bother. Its pretty accurate and most importantly
Predictable.
Then I look at the network weight. Is it a good day today or tomorrow?
Quick and nasty,back to back minting inless than 45 minutes.
6-8 hours later, I stop. Clean up my wallet for unconfirmed minting.
I might get one unconfirmed.I Close the wallet.
Reload last weeks dat file and clean it up.
If I ran 24/7 malwarebytes freaks out to much for my liking.
Locked or unlocked.
There is to much malware attempts/attacks to run 24/7. IMHO.
Its like bungi jumping! If your not there you won't fall.
Mister.

My weight as of this post 88,579 against 3 plus million network wieght.
59 minutes turn around time.
Ill wait two more days and rape them then.

I totally agree to mark wallets as active and not active. But I will add between all those examples another value that I think is important: stake at least once every 9-10 days. I'm thinking that between us are a lot who has just a big pile of DMDs that are staking every 9 days, but the wallet is running at least 16 hours a day if not sometimes 24 hours a day.

we talking about DMD 3.0
there lot unknown variable for u i know because lot stuff in codebase will change

the minimum stake age of 9 day is one of it

so dont let that influence ur decision of a ideal active/inactive wallet timeframe

my personal opinion is leaning towards 14 days

because we announced on so many placed to open twice a month for two days  the wallet is enough to claim ur rewards

now i dont want to punish people who follow that advice

Then 14 days should be the minimum staking period.
legendary
I totally agree to mark wallets as active and not active. But I will add between all those examples another value that I think is important: stake at least once every 9-10 days. I'm thinking that between us are a lot who has just a big pile of DMDs that are staking every 9 days, but the wallet is running at least 16 hours a day if not sometimes 24 hours a day.

we talking about DMD 3.0
there lot unknown variable for u i know because lot stuff in codebase will change

the minimum stake age of 9 day is one of it

so dont let that influence ur decision of a ideal active/inactive wallet timeframe

my personal opinion is leaning towards 14 days

because we announced on so many placed to open twice a month for two days  the wallet is enough to claim ur rewards

now i dont want to punish people who follow that advice
Jump to: