Author

Topic: [ANN] DopeCoin - DopeCoin is now on Blockfolio Signal - page 330. (Read 635456 times)

Activity: 229
Merit: 100
We support you for as long as you need.
The coin is a little over a couple months old...so it takes time definitely.  But it's definitely on the community to make things happen as well.

http://pixskull.com Now Accepts it and is integrated into their whole site

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
What will make Dopecoin a success?

1. Multipool? Maybe, a lot of coins has multipools now, so you already need to create a multipool with a lot of hashrate so that you're the biggest player on the market. Can Dopecoin do this? Very unlikely because of a weak community.

2. Changing to POS? A lot of coins are now using POS, and honestly the coins that are being traded and moving a lot are those using POS. Option for Dopecoin? Most likely not, as the owner of the coin is looking for more services and is not really interesting in changing the structure of the coin.

3. Pump your own coin? Most likely not.

So i believe Dopecoin has nothing to offer in the short term, maybe longer term it is a win situation and people that bought at 130 sats will be very happy in a few months/years. USDe was also trading at 30 sats and now trading at 200 sats, so it is just a matter of time before Dopecoin will move higher.

At least if marketing increases, as very sadly, i don't see a lot of marketing activity here Sad

Again it seems at least in my personal opinion that the low price stems mostly from a lack of people accepting it as payment, and general lack of legitimate reason to use it as opposed to something else(both of which yes seem to be more issues about marketing at this point not that it's not happening so much as it's not happening on a wide enough scale). The best example of this I can think of would be something like imagine the US dollar didn't exist until just now. Since it's brand new nobody accepts it as payment meaning it's all but worthless, especially compared to competitors that offer the same thing but are more widely accepted. If only a few places accept it sure it'd have some value, but not very much.

If more and more places started accepting it, and you can use it to do a lot of things it becomes more valuable still. I think we also need to figure out a way to get the community more active in building things to increase adoption. That's kind of the whole point of an open source community isn't it? The devs are doing a phenomenal job don't get me wrong, but they're only human, and seem to have a shit ton on their plate as it is. Bitcoin/Litecoin, and I'm sure just about any Cryptocurrency that is successful most likely didn't get there by just a closed circuit of developers/select few community members plotting their rise. They seem have massive communities involved in development/planning/promotion of all sorts of cool things that add value to the infrastructure as a whole.  

I believe the community can and should be involved in building stuff to help increase adoption/add value in general. This should be especially easy as these newer systems like ePOS roll out. I do agree a big part of it seems to be marketing though. So overall I think the biggest wall we face is getting enough adoption/acceptance to give people a reason to use this currency over others. Whether it be on a market like the Silk Road, or other more legal things, we should want as many places to accept Dopecoin as possible just to give people a reason to want to use it. Maybe we need some people strictly devoted to marketing as well, who knows.

Feel free to correct any mistakes I've made/add any opinions you may have these are just my thoughts.

1. Multipool? Maybe, a lot of coins has multipools now, so you already need to create a multipool with a lot of hashrate so that you're the biggest player on the market. Can Dopecoin do this? Very unlikely because of a weak community.

2. Changing to POS? A lot of coins are now using POS, and honestly the coins that are being traded and moving a lot are those using POS. Option for Dopecoin? Most likely not, as the owner of the coin is looking for more services and is not really interesting in changing the structure of the coin.

So i believe Dopecoin has nothing to offer in the short term, maybe longer term it is a win situation and people that bought at 130 sats will be very happy in a few months/years. USDe was also trading at 30 sats and now trading at 200 sats, so it is just a matter of time before Dopecoin will move higher.

At least if marketing increases, as very sadly, i don't see a lot of marketing activity here Sad

http://pixskull.com/?page_id=3453

www.reddit.com/r/girlsgonedopecoin

I'm not sure where you say our marketing isn't happening?  Oh and forgot to say all items purchased in the sweepstakes are engraved with Dopecoin on them...just my two cents.  What I will agree is the marketing help from others.

I've mentioned this sweepstakes and missdopecoin on here on a numbe of times.  And we have setup the sweepstakes where the selling point to be entered to win a $700 bubbler, a $75 Spoon, a $35 pea shooter.....wind up being a win win for anyone and an easy way for anyone in this community to state to other communities, their friends, etc to buy some items to enter the sweepstakes.

That makes an easy way to open up a Dopecoin conversation.  Or subscribing to the girlsgonedopecoin, letting people know about it, participating on it, etc.  It's free prizes that we have donated which say DOPECOIN all over it.  Girls and Dopecoin?!  How many other currencies do you know that have marketing girls? 

It's not the fact of no marketing, it's the fact that the community needs to help push the things that are being offered.  The mining will come as people start noticing it, and as people start investing.

[http://pixskull.com](http://pixskull.com)
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
You bring up a good point.

This coin requires the coin mixing technology in order to provide our marketplace with the untrackable solution that they are looking for. The core of the infrastructure is in place, now it is just a matter of finalizing that one key element and getting DopeCoin into the same marketplaces that made Bitcoin what it is today.

What's your opinion on a multipool? Is it a good idea? I'm sure we cold cover costs with a donation drive Smiley

As long as DOPE is on scrypt algo the coin itself has the potential to be crippled by multipools. They mess with the diff and hold coin values down.

Getting off multipools radar would be a positive move for DOPE.

All the algos now have multipools, even x11
Activity: 50

This coin requires the coin mixing technology in order to provide our marketplace with the untrackable solution that they are looking for. The core of the infrastructure is in place, now it is just a matter of finalizing that one key element and getting DopeCoin into the same marketplaces that made Bitcoin what it is today.

What's your opinion on a multipool? Is it a good idea? I'm sure we cold cover costs with a donation drive Smiley

As long as DOPE is on scrypt algo the coin itself has the potential to be crippled by multipools. They mess with the diff and hold coin values down.

Getting off multipools radar would be a positive move for DOPE.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 126

Sounds great!
We need the coin mixing technology as fast as possible^^

Thx 4 your work dopey!
Activity: 1008
Merit: 514

Activity: 37
Adding a multipool will do damage to the hash rate of the coin, really a good idea?

The coin needs hash rate for blocks and security against attacks.

The hash rate is a lame 120 MH at the moment. My theory is that if a multipool is introduced, the buy pressure increasses and prices will go up. it will quickly be evident that its more profitable to mine it directlly, and will jump to mine it till it reaches a kind of equilibrium where the prices is always optimal and slowly rising, miners switch between multipool and mining directly as per their profitability asessment. The short dip in the hash rate after the multipool's introduction will quickly be filled by miners bypassing the multipool Smiley

I think one of the biggest parts of why the price is so low is namely because there are really only 3 things you can do with it so far. 1.) Hold and hope for huge price rise. 2.) Trade for mostly modest increases due to low 24 hour volume/low prices in general. 3.) Spend it on a very very limited number of things. From my understanding in this kind of economy to survive and flourish the currency needs to be circulated, like a lot. It seems like mostly what people are doing is holding on to their currency(not sure) in hopes of something like Bitcoin happening, and you couldn't blame them I suppose. More ways to spend Dope will probably mean more circulation of the currency which means more people pass the word along which means hash rate as well as price would probably go up due to increased adoption. Again these are just my ideas, feel free to correct any mistakes I've made.
Adding a multipool will do damage to the hash rate of the coin, really a good idea?

The hash rate is a lame 120 MH at the moment. My theory is that if a multipool is introduced, the buy pressure increasses and prices will go up. it will quickly be evident that its more profitable to mine it directlly, and will jump to mine it till it reaches a kind of equilibrium where the prices is always optimal and slowly rising, miners switch between multipool and mining directly as per their profitability asessment. The short dip in the hash rate after the multipool's introduction will quickly be filled by miners bypassing the multipool Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

legendary
One example can be:

Increase the fee on the Official dope mining pool from 1% to 2%, i'm sure that nobody will be against it. This means that you already add 4 DOPE per block that is found. And 173 were found last day, so that will be 692 DOPE coins per day for a multipool without doing anything. Even increase it to 3% , we will still be mining there... so then it is already 1384 DOPE coins. + some nice donations.

I believe we can easily have 200K Dopes by the end of next week.
legendary
Will there be no bounty for people that want to make a multipool for Dope?
Dope doesn't have a premine, but I am sure that people are willing to support a bounty fund for something like that. Wink

I'm in... before all 600 coins out there gets a multipool, and it becomes a cluster fuck of multipools with nothing to mine. Dopey could set a goal bounty amount along with a wallet address for micro donations. And just for kicks, Ill keep an eye on the blockchain and updating daily a % progress bar Cheesy

Indeed. Dopey should create a donation address so that people can donate coins for a multipool. When you check how coins are moving only because they have a multipool then Dope coin do this too, and spending 10% of all your coins is nothing when the price can go up 100% or so. Just figure of speaking as it can easily go up 1000%
Dope doesn't have a premine, but I am sure that people are willing to support a bounty fund for something like that. Wink

I'm in... before all 600 coins out there gets a multipool, and it becomes a cluster fuck of multipools with nothing to mine. Dopey could set a goal bounty amount along with a wallet address for micro donations. And just for kicks, Ill keep an eye on the blockchain and updating daily a % progress bar Cheesy
Activity: 308
CoinTweak profitability charts
Hallo,

i have a question.
When will the winner be announced? for the mining for weed.

Edit: openings post is also still showing:

Dice Game  http://dice.dopecoin.com NEW!
Spinwheel Game http://spin.dopecoin.com NEW!
Texas Hold'em Poker Coming Soon

Greet Boneee

Dopey has been away on business, I'm sure as soon as he is back he will get everything updated as well as get things on the move again!
legendary
Activity: 143
Hallo,

i have a question.
When will the winner be announced? for the mining for weed.

Edit: openings post is also still showing:

Dice Game  http://dice.dopecoin.com NEW!
Spinwheel Game http://spin.dopecoin.com NEW!
Texas Hold'em Poker Coming Soon

Greet Boneee
Also, the only one with access to my computer is the guy behind me, but he wouldn't do that. As for malware, I don't recall clicking any weird links

Not to rub salt in the wound, and just an honest question, but I don't understand why people keep large amounts of any coin on an exchange and not in a protected wallet.  I guess the only thing I can see is if you are actively trading, but even then, it seems like the xfer fees and hassle are worth it seeing how relatively easy it is to steal coins.  I hope Mintpal can help you out.

More than the tx fee, its the waiting for confirmtions in the exchanges that is a pain. You need to be quick if you want to trade in margins.... you cat do that with keeping coins in your wallet and spending the next half hour waiting for teh coins to get transferred. to top that off, BTC transaction speed is ridiculously slow.... and mintpal confirmations is the slowest!!
Jump to: