Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] DriveShare - Earn money by sharing your extra hard drive space - page 5. (Read 22969 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Can I use external storage disk via usb port to farm? What is the difference and disadvantages?
If you are talking about the transfer speed of the data via USB2 you shouldn't have a problem unless you have a very high speed internet connection.
Usually data transfers are as fast as our home internet bandwidht, thus you may use also a laptop disk to farm.
But you should leave your system on day and night, if you close your computer every night you will loose the contract of the stored data in your disk, thus no storj for you Smiley

May there is the possiblility that in the further development a drivespacehoster is able to offer his space only at a current timeframe of a day? That meens during a fixed frame there will be no heartneat check and he does not loose his contracts. So his PC dont have to be running all night long. Probably the customer dont need access to his data all night long?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Can I use external storage disk via usb port to farm? What is the difference and disadvantages?
If you are talking about the transfer speed of the data via USB2 you shouldn't have a problem unless you have a very high speed internet connection.
Usually data transfers are as fast as our home internet bandwidht, thus you may use also a laptop disk to farm.
But you should leave your system on day and night, if you close your computer every night you will loose the contract of the stored data in your disk, thus no storj for you Smiley
Activity: 13
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
Can you please tell us how will the rewards be split among Test Group B and Test Group C?

Will the rewards be proportional to the amount of space and bandwidth shared? (in the test phases I mean)

Will the rewards be proportional to the amount of SJCX owned? (will people with more SJCX earn more during test phase B and C ?)
I believe the rewards are determined by how much hardware you have to offer.The more hardware you have to offer the more you will earn.

hardware speed (cpu,ram,HDD speed) + internet bandwidth should be the main core areas to be concerned about.

Activity: 11
I wish Group C let people in with fewer STORJ

Agreed, but we all know that the early adopters get the rewards while everyone else gets a benefit. As I've said elsewhere, I'm still trying to figure out if the expense is worth it.

If you bought 10K sjcx at the exchanges (rate 0.00015669), you'll need to cough up about 1.5669 BTC.

It is better to buy now , I am sure you can double that in a few months until the market gets saturated
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
Thrive
Can you please tell us how will the rewards be split among Test Group B and Test Group C?

Will the rewards be proportional to the amount of space and bandwidth shared? (in the test phases I mean)

Will the rewards be proportional to the amount of SJCX owned? (will people with more SJCX earn more during test phase B and C ?)
I believe the rewards are determined by how much hardware you have to offer.The more hardware you have to offer the more you will earn.
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
Thrive
Well the idea seems quite interesting. If the system is safe and private then I am all in.Btw a quick video demonstration the working of storj coin would be appreciated .
Yes It offers a secure decentralized and private cloud and here is the video you requested. http://youtu.be/vl3bUzfn2lg
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002

Agreed, but we all know that the early adopters get the rewards while everyone else gets a benefit. As I've said elsewhere, I'm still trying to figure out if the expense is worth it.

If you bought 10K sjcx at the exchanges (rate 0.00015669), you'll need to cough up about 1.5669 BTC.

Activity: 10
Well the idea seems quite interesting. If the system is safe and private then I am all in.Btw a quick video demonstration the working of storj coin would be appreciated .
Activity: 13
Merit: 1
Encryption of personal data is definitely the future. I really hope that more people start caring about their privacy. Its important.

If you offer fast, cheap and easy to use data storage, with security and encryption as an added advantage like the Storj project plans to do, I suppose people will have to.
Encryption of personal data is definitely the future. I really hope that more people start caring about their privacy. Its important.

On a side note, the GUI for DriveShare looks really nice and easy to use. Hopefully that will attract more users.   Cheesy

agreed. knowing that your data is safe and absolutely private is now even more important than ever. definitely going to be following this project.

On a side note, the GUI for DriveShare looks really nice and easy to use. Hopefully that will attract more users.   Cheesy

Activity: 20
Bitcoin was just the leading edge of the wave.  Decentralization is the surge that is pushing the wave.   A Tsunami is coming.  Not just Stroj, Drive Share, Meta Disk, Maid Safe, but a whole suite of products will follow.  these are just the leaders in the pack.   It's about efficiency.  Create an open market for commodities and you will create efficiencies.

I can see a future when decentralized VM's will be available.  I know on my computer I could easily sell off 1 or 2 CPU and 2 to 4 gig of memory.  The drive space will be through Storj.  The user could fire up the image which is stored on Storj and run as they needed.  Then when done they simply shut it down and only pay for the time they were running.  

Decentralization is king.

Hopefully some day I can get rid of my seedbox and seed from storj or maid safe or something similar. Or maybe I can share the extra space on my VPS (that is if Ramnode stops being so stingy on me  Roll Eyes)
Very interested in seeing where this goes!  It's a great idea!
Activity: 87
Merit: 10

I think you meant fewer SJCX, which is the Crypto currency used by Storj.

My mistake. It's a little confusing.

No problem, I was just trying to help you out.  It takes time :-)  STORJX (user on the forums) has corrected me on a few things.  That's how we keep it all straight.  I would rather be corrected than continue to be wrong.

That's the sign of a developing community when others than devs and community leaders give out information it is great to see people getting involved and helping the new people #bethecloud.
mjc
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Available on Kindle

No problem, I was just trying to help you out.  It takes time :-)  STORJX (user on the forums) has corrected me on a few things.  That's how we keep it all straight.  I would rather be corrected than continue to be wrong.
mjc
Available on Kindle
Bitcoin was just the leading edge of the wave.  Decentralization is the surge that is pushing the wave.   A Tsunami is coming.  Not just Stroj, Drive Share, Meta Disk, Maid Safe, but a whole suite of products will follow.  these are just the leaders in the pack.   It's about efficiency.  Create an open market for commodities and you will create efficiencies.

I can see a future when decentralized VM's will be available.  I know on my computer I could easily sell off 1 or 2 CPU and 2 to 4 gig of memory.  The drive space will be through Storj.  The user could fire up the image which is stored on Storj and run as they needed.  Then when done they simply shut it down and only pay for the time they were running.  
Activity: 20

mjc
Available on Kindle

Pages:
Jump to: