Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] DriveShare - Earn money by sharing your extra hard drive space - page 8. (Read 22969 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Currently trying to get DriveShare working on a Raspberry Pi. Would be nice to have a low power unit handle farming.
Activity: 11
The number of farmers are fluctuating at the moment , down to 51 now
https://live.driveshare.org/
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
We have a new Storj Social Ops Week SJCX Bounty!!!

For more info and to participate head over at https://storjtalk.org/index.php?topic=2202.0

great, im in Storj Social Ops Week SJCX Bounty!!!
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
We have a new Storj Social Ops Week SJCX Bounty!!!

For more info and to participate head over at https://storjtalk.org/index.php?topic=2202.0
DriveShare in Asia 12/22/14 3:30AM UTC

DriveShare in Europe 12/22/14 3:30AM UTC

DriveShare in the Americas 12/22/14 3:30AM UTC

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Bump, I like it Wink

Join Storj on Hangouts tonight at 8PM EST for the DriveShare Beta - Test Group A - Live Launch!

https://plus.google.com/events/cimbcj04afv2sj0mbis90uuvuh4
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
I'm sorry, but I do not understand. Why do I have to buy 10,000 SJCX to take part in tests?

Agreed, I had been looking forward to this program for a few months. I had signed up on their forums and got in on a small SJCX giveaway. Then, I get this email from them that to participate you need 10k SJCX coins, which was like 2btc or something the other day. They tried to say that to participate in the program a few month ago, you had to deposit more counterpoint currency, I complained and I got an email reply that said they wouldn't ask for money to participate. I don't mind putting in a little bit to cement a bit a commitment, but not that much invested into SJCX. Crowdsale or not, if you want people to buy in, drop that level. Maybe 100 sjcx... not 10k.  Come on guys, lower that requirement.

Sorry I was not clear,  we held a crowdsale in which 910 BTC was raised at the time 1 BTC purchased 38,500 SJCX,  The crowdsale participants have always been the ones that will get access to the software first.  To differentiate who within the crowdsale should get first access a limit of 10,000 SJCX was set to differentiate two groups of crowdsale participants.  So we have given these people the first access followed by the rest of the crowdsale participants.  Then after them we have it set up currently that Group C will be those that have supported the project by holding SJCX will be in test group C.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057
SpacePirate.io
I'm sorry, but I do not understand. Why do I have to buy 10,000 SJCX to take part in tests?

Agreed, I had been looking forward to this program for a few months. I had signed up on their forums and got in on a small SJCX giveaway. Then, I get this email from them that to participate you need 10k SJCX coins, which was like 2btc or something the other day. They tried to say that to participate in the program a few month ago, you had to deposit more counterpoint currency, I complained and I got an email reply that said they wouldn't ask for money to participate. I don't mind putting in a little bit to cement a bit a commitment, but not that much invested into SJCX. Crowdsale or not, if you want people to buy in, drop that level. Maybe 100 sjcx... not 10k.  Come on guys, lower that requirement.
Activity: 56
To be fair to the largest contributors to our crowdsale

Still it is not clear to me, but thanks for reply. I will continue watching project and I hope soon I will understand.. Smiley
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
To be fair to the largest contributors to our crowdsale
Activity: 56

Dear Storj supporters,

We are announcing the start of Test Group A. We want to be sure you understand the requirements to participate and what outcomes we expect from Test Group A.

Requirements
  • A crowdsale SJCX address where you control the private key, to be able to sign a message for ownership verification. We recommend using Counterwallet. Addresses from exchanges and sources you don’t control will not be valid.
  • A balance of 10,000 SJCX in your crowdsale address. Your original crowdsale address can be topped up to and over 10,000 SJCX to be eligible.

What outcomes do we expect from Test Group A
  • To get load testing experience and statistics on our verification nodes.
  • To get uptime statistics for farmers, which is useful data for our distribution algorithms.

Who is Test Group A for
This is our first software beta and there may be technical problems and issues. Ideally we would prefer power-users, willing to deal with the problems and give us feedback. Users not willing to go through technical issues, troubleshooting, and actively provide feedback, should participate in later test groups.
  • There will be no SJCX rewards for participants.
  • We will not be loading users' hard drives with data yet, only 100-byte test files.

Ready to Get Started?
  • Proper instructions and support will be provided at the Hangout and IRC at release time.
  • Visit the Dedicated Thread for Support and Feedback on StorjTalk.

Not Eligible?

When is the launch?
The launch will be on Saturday December 20 at 8 PM (EST). We will host a live hangout and an IRC chat. In that event we will provide instructions and support, as well as answer questions. If there are any updates or delays we will keep you informed via social media or email.

Have a great day,
The Storj Team

How do we sign up to be a part of the beta launch? If we own SJCX can we directly do that?

To participate in Test Group A and B you need to have contributed to our crowdsale. If you have 10000 SJCX in your wallet, and are not a crowdsale contributor, then you can participate to Test Group C in early 2015. More info here: http://storj.io/earlyaccess.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
We have perform a second DriveShare load test, this time with 502 Farmers, all seem to work well.
A few more tests and some tuning and we should be on our way to the beta launch for Test group A.
Not long to go!

How do we sign up to be a part of the beta launch? If we own SJCX can we directly do that?
We have perform a second DriveShare load test, this time with 502 Farmers, all seem to work well.
A few more tests and some tuning and we should be on our way to the beta launch for Test group A.
Not long to go!

I own enough coins to be on the Test Group A beta launch. Hope you guys launch soon since the big holidays are coming.

Shouldn't be much longer, bear with us, announcements will be made soon when we have a set launch day.  Smiley
Is there a working alpha/beta ? I'm interested in this project.

We are nearing the launch of our beta for Test Group A. See above post for details.
Our dev team has been testing our beta software for a while now and is being tuned for the launch.
this looks like a nice project. I've tried to get access into the program without much luck.
is there a guide somewhere or a public release date.

You can have a look at the source code with instructions on how to compile it yourself here: https://github.com/Storj/downstream-farmer.
We will soon make available binaries for all major OSs, it will be very easy to use and configure.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
I own enough coins to be on the Test Group A beta launch. Hope you guys launch soon since the big holidays are coming.
Pages:
Jump to: