Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] DriveShare - Earn money by sharing your extra hard drive space - page 6. (Read 22969 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
I wish Group C let people in with fewer STORJ
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
I think a great case for Driveshare will be people running the software on anything with a hard drive,  nobody will know woth storj that your really a refrigerator #bethecloud
Activity: 3
 Huh Ever wonder how you can make extra cash? You can share you HDD for cash! Count me in!
Activity: 3
Please tell me who doesn't want to make money using my internet connection and my 1TB HDD that I only use 300 GB of? Roll Eyes
Activity: 10

I for one cannot wait for this to be live so that i no longer have to worry about the security of my files and the people that have access to them. Privacy is a human right and being able to share the truth of our world is another step towards freeing the people.

Cheers Smiley

How do you think Storj will fit into the ecosystem with the other products that may offer a similar service? MaidSafe can't be ignored - and I know both projects have been vehement that they're not competing.. but when several people are working to provide a similar service it's hard not to see them as competitors. Additionally, do you think the public will recognize the benefit of something like storj or will they cling to the old model that is flawed but easier to understand?
mjc
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Available on Kindle

Judging from the information provided here: http://storj.io/earlyaccess.html I imagine the test phases will be complete sometime around March 2015... But there is no fixed deadline.

Right, I just hope that this project succeeds and not get dropped halfway through. Need a cheaper way to store my files  Smiley

I second that.  With the built in redundancy, it will also be more fault tolerant.  With the Encryption where We hold our keys it will be more secure to boot.  With the integration with other projects like MAID SAFE, Meta Disk and Drive Share it will be easy to use as well.
mjc
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Available on Kindle
Wait, so will there be a time where we can start earning without getting 10k sjcx first?

After the test groups are complete, and it is released to the general public you will be able to earn with out first having 10K SJCX. 
I like this video a lot...but I'm curious because I've read of cases where bitcoin markets have been hacked (or maybe just a specific bitcoin bank?)...and it seems like there's a similarity between Storj and bitcoin, in their decentralization. I'm curious how safe it really is? I realize it's definitely the safest option we currently have, at any rate!
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
Factom Use Case - Protecting Sony Pictures with Blockchain Technology

Watch how Blockchain Technology can protect Sony Pictures using Factom and Storj.

was this taken from a blog?

this is a new video made by Factom showing how Sony could have avoided getting hacked, by using a combination of Factom and Storj technologies. An excellent example of the way innovation in the bitcoin space can be achieved by different projects collaborating toward shared goals rather than competing against each other!
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002

Watch how Blockchain Technology can protect Sony Pictures using Factom and Storj.

was this taken from a blog?
Activity: 191
Merit: 100

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Group A testing is looking good. It was a time that the storj nodes were more than 90 all around the globe!
like we may see at live.driveshare.org    Smiley
Activity: 534
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
DriveShare is the necessary step to push our current cloud storage services and methods to the next level. An era in shared storage where the third party is no longer in charge of dictating the terms and viewing rights. Where our data is not easily accessible by third parties and their partner companies as they so choose. Hackers are kept at a distance thanks to the Bitcoin technology and the hard work put into the development of Storj and its subsequent DriveShare application.

I for one cannot wait for this to be live so that i no longer have to worry about the security of my files and the people that have access to them. Privacy is a human right and being able to share the truth of our world is another step towards freeing the people.

Cheers Smiley
Can you please tell us how will the rewards be split among Test Group B and Test Group C?

Will the rewards be proportional to the amount of space and bandwidth shared? (in the test phases I mean)

Will the rewards be proportional to the amount of SJCX owned? (will people with more SJCX earn more during test phase B and C ?)

We haven't made any final decision on that yet. This is work in progress. We will make announcements when we have something confirmed.
Activity: 39
Can you please tell us how will the rewards be split among Test Group B and Test Group C?

Will the rewards be proportional to the amount of space and bandwidth shared? (in the test phases I mean)

Will the rewards be proportional to the amount of SJCX owned? (will people with more SJCX earn more during test phase B and C ?)
Are there any requirements for drive and bandwidth perfomance?

Invest in bandwidth or invest in disk space? This is the question

We recommend to start by using what you guys have already and do not invest in expensive hardware until we have more details on how much farming is worth.
Test Group B will give us a good idea and will allow us to have more details to share.

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
Test Group A: do you get the same stats as mine for downstream.exe

Sleeping 56.243
Answering challenge.
Sleeping 55.008
Answering challenge.
Sleeping 56.267
Answering challenge.
Sleeping 57.191
Answering challenge.
Sleeping 54.109
Answering challenge.
Sleeping 56.138
Answering challenge.
Sleeping 57.224
Answering challenge.
Sleeping 56.202
Answering challenge.
Sleeping 54.939
Answering challenge.
Sleeping 56.113
Answering challenge.
Sleeping 55.913
Answering challenge.
Sleeping 56.11
Answering challenge.
Sleeping 56.048
Answering challenge.
Sleeping 56.05
Answering challenge.
Sleeping 56.108
Answering challenge.
Sleeping 56.175
that's a really cool concept
Invest in bandwidth or invest in disk space? This is the question
Activity: 413
Are there any requirements for drive and bandwidth perfomance?
Pages:
Jump to: