Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] DriveShare - Earn money by sharing your extra hard drive space - page 7. (Read 22969 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

Judging from the information provided here: http://storj.io/earlyaccess.html I imagine the test phases will be complete sometime around March 2015... But there is no fixed deadline.

Right, I just hope that this project succeeds and not get dropped halfway through. Need a cheaper way to store my files  Smiley

Yeah, we all hope this will succeed! And considering the progress done so far I think we are on the wright track - it might make some sense for you to also invest in some SJCX Wink If this will be a success, we can expect for the price of SJCX to increase substantially!

This is something very true to consider. If DriveShare gets popular, the price of the cryptocoin will soar. Invest invest invest! Profit is definitely to be had here. This is a great idea that definitely has a chance to succeed.
Activity: 39

Judging from the information provided here: http://storj.io/earlyaccess.html I imagine the test phases will be complete sometime around March 2015... But there is no fixed deadline.

Right, I just hope that this project succeeds and not get dropped halfway through. Need a cheaper way to store my files  Smiley

Yeah, we all hope this will succeed! And considering the progress done so far I think we are on the wright track - it might make some sense for you to also invest in some SJCX Wink If this will be a success, we can expect for the price of SJCX to increase substantially!

Also this won't just be a cheaper way to store your files - but a much much safer and secure way!!
Activity: 25

Some one is trying to sell Group A address in Storjtalk , worth a try

I mean like will there be a way to mine without having to pay first Grin

During the test phases (A, B and C) there is no way to mine without having to pay for SJCX.

After the network will go live you will be able to start mining without having to pay anything.

ah, I see,is there a deadline? Thanks!

During the test phases (A, B and C) there is no way to mine without having to pay for SJCX.

After the network will go live you will be able to start mining without having to pay anything.

ah, I see,is there a deadline? Thanks!

How will the rewards be split among Test Group B and Test Group C?

Activity: 11
Wait, so will there be a time where we can start earning without getting 10k sjcx first?
Activity: 13
Merit: 1
Sadly, I don't qualify for any of the beta groups. But once this is released to the public, I'll be quick to throw in a couple of old harddrives and start passively making SJCX!
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
Only 2 of us!

DriveShare Farmers in London, UK - TODAY.

I wonder how many there will be in 2015!!!  Smiley Wink Grin

Check your own area at LIVE.DRIVESHARE.ORG

#bethecloud

that´s still 1 more than the number of farmers in Mexico ... I´m so lonesome tonight, wish someone else were by my side, sharing drivespace down here in Mexico ... (sings old Elvis tune)  Embarrassed
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
Only 2 of us!

DriveShare Farmers in London, UK - TODAY.

I wonder how many there will be in 2015!!!  Smiley Wink Grin

Check your own area at LIVE.DRIVESHARE.ORG

#bethecloud
mjc
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Available on Kindle
For all those who are interested (like @knahrvorn and @mjc), the easiest way to get DriveShare up and running fast on a Raspberry Pi is following the guide published by @bitcoinplaza in this Storjtalk thread (as mentioned by @STORJX):

https://storjtalk.org/index.php?topic=2137.0

All you have to do is flash the image bitcoinplaza provided to a SD card, start up your Pi and configure as described in the post, and it works!  Wink

Soon we can all #bethecloud, regardless of the type of device we have available!

I found the write up earlier, someone posted to the thread I had made.  I did a search on the site and it didn't turn up.  It is an excellent write up.  I followed the instructions and had my own image up and running.  Then I saw that there was img file :-0 already made.   

I'm Glad to see there is a growing supportive community around Storj. 

Activity: 373
Merit: 250
For all those who are interested (like @knahrvorn and @mjc), the easiest way to get DriveShare up and running fast on a Raspberry Pi is following the guide published by @bitcoinplaza in this Storjtalk thread (as mentioned by @STORJX):

https://storjtalk.org/index.php?topic=2137.0

All you have to do is flash the image bitcoinplaza provided to a SD card, start up your Pi and configure as described in the post, and it works!  Wink

Soon we can all #bethecloud, regardless of the type of device we have available!

Activity: 191
Merit: 100
Currently trying to get DriveShare working on a Raspberry Pi. Would be nice to have a low power unit handle farming.

You should take a look a Storjtalk.org, There should be a thread about Driveshare running on a Raspberry Pi.

Here is the thread with a RPi build on StorjTalk: Raspberry Pi and Storj
Activity: 23
Just wait till were able to hold the master files and whole protools recording sessions on the cloud...$$$ bye bye Dropbox,Apple,Google,!!! #bethecloud,

mjc
Available on Kindle
Currently trying to get DriveShare working on a Raspberry Pi. Would be nice to have a low power unit handle farming.

You should take a look a Storjtalk.org, There should be a thread about Driveshare running on a Raspberry Pi.

Done!

https://storjtalk.org/index.php?topic=2206.0  A thread where we can talk about building out on Raspberry Pi.

I'm interested and have one pi and two drives ready to commit. :-)
mjc
Available on Kindle
I so cannot wait until Storj goes live.  I'm working on acquiring some raspberry pi's with usb attached drives.  Bitcoin caught my interest because of the mining aspect.  Now there will be something that we can all do that provides a commodity that everyone will need.
Activity: 17

Pages:
Jump to: