Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 124. (Read 259347 times)

Activity: 313
Merit: 250
HGPUPC addicted!
June 24, 2015, 04:57:23 PM
Yesterday I have posted a small transaction to detect whether they were over the correct blockchain or not, or to detect when they would switch... to.

I have received the transaction this morning... so it might mean that they got it working. Not sure why they still say maint.

Transaction ID: bf988823de65d2b497adf04721ba8af9c0b80be2b5be50accf408fd5b0726283
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
June 24, 2015, 12:46:14 PM
Any exchange got updated? I still see tons of wallets over 2.4.4

Is there a way to reject incoming connections from bellow a specific version?

below a client version no, below a protocol version yes. however 2.4.4 and 2.4.5 are on the same protocol version.

bleutrade just changed the status of the ECC wallet to under maintenance, so i believe that they are fixing the problems today. i will post when i get confirmation that the issue is fixed
HGPUPC addicted!
June 24, 2015, 05:43:12 AM
Any exchange got updated? I still see tons of wallets over 2.4.4

Is there a way to reject incoming connections from bellow a specific version?
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
NYC NYC NYC
June 24, 2015, 05:03:24 AM
ECC coin is on the vote list on Cryptsy....
Lets vote it up......
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!
June 24, 2015, 01:55:31 AM
Voting starts on Monday, ends Wednesday - winner will be added to BitStake - www.bitstake.co

Vote for SUPER or ECC here >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1093243.0;all
legendary
June 24, 2015, 12:36:37 AM
Is there still any development for SuperCoin?
The coin looks dead to me... Hope I'm wrong

and why is the Super Blockexplorer not working anymore?
https://blockexperts.com/super  Huh

it is currently doing a resync. if you refresh the page you will see the block number is climbing at a rapid rate. give it a few hours and it will be back on track with the wallet, as for developement. i have addressed that many times

I can't stake  Shocked

is your wallet unlocked and synced?

Any updates on the cryptobank application?

regards

Goldmaxx

really really close to a release point.
Activity: 266
June 23, 2015, 10:57:42 PM

I can't stake  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#
June 23, 2015, 03:31:58 PM
Im reading about nodes, i can help.
vps.me gives a free vps, if somebody want create a node i could install on this free vps  Wink
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
June 23, 2015, 02:28:26 PM

Activity: 894
June 23, 2015, 05:10:08 AM
Any updates on the cryptobank application?

regards

Goldmaxx
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
June 23, 2015, 04:42:32 AM
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
June 23, 2015, 04:21:38 AM
PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WALLETS TO THE 2.4.5 VERSION, LINKS ARE ON THE TRUSTEDCRYPTOS WEBSITE (also in the OP)

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BLOCKCHAIN FROM THE NEW BOOTSTRAP Mega :https://mega.co.nz/#!SBslFYRL!EEugxUetXCwbtOFf23lppbCOfw0IItosff1syYbUBo8

Dropbox :https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvof6ct3voavx6a/ECCoin.zip?dl=0
(will also be posted on the OP)

If you DO NOT DO THIS you will be on the wrong chain

Hi dev, I can not open mega.co.nz, give a link to another file hosting

I have uploaded the blockchain to Dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvof6ct3voavx6a/ECCoin.zip?dl=0
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
June 23, 2015, 12:48:02 AM
PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WALLETS TO THE 2.4.5 VERSION, LINKS ARE ON THE TRUSTEDCRYPTOS WEBSITE (also in the OP)

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BLOCKCHAIN FROM THE NEW BOOTSTRAP https://mega.co.nz/#!SBslFYRL!EEugxUetXCwbtOFf23lppbCOfw0IItosff1syYbUBo8 (will also be posted on the OP)

If you DO NOT DO THIS you will be on the wrong chain

Hi dev, I can not open mega.co.nz, give a link to another file hosting
legendary
June 22, 2015, 12:29:36 PM
i really dont think there is any reason a secure chain should roll back more than like 20 blocks anyway. but yeah. ill do some checks based on time and what not, thats probably better than a hard block limit

Did not mean it had to be time based , just that nxt choose 720 hard block limit, which would take 12 hours.
Things to consider , is if one of the internet backbones go down and segment some of the wallets , then they would have to redownload the blockchain since their wallets would has passed the reorg window if it is too short.
Now what would be cool, is if you could place a Lock on the wallet blockchain, that the default condition only allows so many blocks to reorg, but you can unlock the blockchain reorg if you ever get segmented so it can reorg without downloading the entire blockchain. This would cancel the concern over network segmentation.

Cool

interesting thoughts. a blockchain shouldnt have a backbone set of nodes. but smaller coins always do. lik ECC. we have a ring of 10 nodes i know are all connected to each other to form that ring. (by all connected to each other i mean each of the 10 is connected to the other 9). we are tying to grow that number as well.  i will be working at fixing the reorg issue for a while today.

edit: i may have a surprise for everyone tonight. not sure
legendary
Activity: 1092
June 22, 2015, 11:28:29 AM
i really dont think there is any reason a secure chain should roll back more than like 20 blocks anyway. but yeah. ill do some checks based on time and what not, thats probably better than a hard block limit

Did not mean it had to be time based , just that nxt choose 720 hard block limit, which would take 12 hours.
Things to consider , is if one of the internet backbones go down and segment some of the wallets , then they would have to redownload the blockchain since their wallets would has passed the reorg window if it is too short.
Now what would be cool, is if you could place a Lock on the wallet blockchain, that the default condition only allows so many blocks to reorg, but you can unlock the blockchain reorg if you ever get segmented so it can reorg without downloading the entire blockchain. This would cancel the concern over network segmentation.

Cool

FYI:
Meant internet backbones , not backbones nodes on the ecc network.
http://scoreboard.keynote.com/scoreboard/Main.aspx?Login=Y&Username=public&Password=public
legendary
June 22, 2015, 10:57:00 AM
nevermind i do agree, i will add a few checks for staking start like the chian is in its iniial downlaod and the max reorg size can be is 50 blocks? (or is that limit on reorg length not a good idea)

at this time i do not believe bleutrade is on the correct chain. please DO NOT SEND TO OR WITHDRAW FROM THEM until i post. DO NOT USE ALLCOIN. and i will contact the BE in a second

The only ways I've seen it done so far,
Zeit , we have enough wallets with enough coins running 24x7 to secure the blockchain
Hobonickel , uses a checkpoint server to secure their blockchain.
NXT , uses a rolling checkpoint , basically only allowing a reorg of up to 720 blocks which is 12 hours.

A max reorg of 50 blocks would protect the blockchain, but I don't know if it could cause any other issues.
If you want it every 50 blocks a checkpoint server would be safer, IMO.
If you go rolling checkpoint then I would guess the number of blocks created in a 6 or 12 or 24 hour range.

Cool

legendary
June 22, 2015, 10:31:01 AM
nevermind i do agree, i will add a few checks for staking start like the chian is in its iniial downlaod and the max reorg size can be is 50 blocks? (or is that limit on reorg length not a good idea)

at this time i do not believe bleutrade is on the correct chain. please DO NOT SEND TO OR WITHDRAW FROM THEM until i post. DO NOT USE ALLCOIN. and i will contact the BE in a second

The only ways I've seen it done so far,
Zeit , we have enough wallets with enough coins running 24x7 to secure the blockchain
Hobonickel , uses a checkpoint server to secure their blockchain.
NXT , uses a rolling checkpoint , basically only allowing a reorg of up to 720 blocks which is 12 hours.

A max reorg of 50 blocks would protect the blockchain, but I don't know if it could cause any other issues.
If you want it every 50 blocks a checkpoint server would be safer, IMO.
If you go rolling checkpoint then I would guess the number of blocks created in a 6 or 12 or 24 hour range.

Cool
legendary
June 22, 2015, 09:31:03 AM
kiklo i would agree with you BUT.
it reorganized 4844 blocks to replace it with only 94 blocks. so the chain wasnt longer which is why i dont understand why there was a reorg, i thought it was decided based on length not difficulty

i can confirm that if you start 2.4.5 with NO bootstrap and just let it run. it will eventually sync by itself, i have gigabit internet and i tested it last night. i started a new wallet on a computer that i wasnt running it on with no bootstrap and it is half synced right now (no restarts)

edit: BE contacted

if anyone has any suggestions id be more than happy to take them.

on the birghter side, i actually do have a group of people that ive been in contact with that actually want to invest ECC and possibly super (they arent a big fan of the super annon). by invest i mean  buy coins and hold them for X months for long term profits. so ill post more on that when i learn more about what exactly is going on
HGPUPC addicted!
June 22, 2015, 08:55:34 AM

Not familiar with distributed checkpoints, post a link to it's details or a coin using it.

Don't know if it exists... I was just throwing an idea.. that kind of makes sense for the problem.. instead of relying on a central checkpoint trust, endure multiple checkpointers with a voting mechanism. Each host can basically be a checkpoint of himself. The way he trusts on that checkpoint can be averaged with the network hash of the available checkpoints by other clients. Then decide for which checkpoint to go for.

If there is no checkpoint to be trusted, then default to your own checkpoint and repeat the process again later until you are in sync and with the same average checkpoint as others. The checkpoint trust can also be averaged with the amount of uptime of the client to prevent multiple client attacks. In a startup situation, I would say that only a trust/forcing mechanism would work.. but both mechanisms can coexist... fixed checkpoint and distributed one. The default would be static if a minimum uptime checkpoint is not found. Solving the initial network startups...

really messy this thoughts... well.. just ideas...
legendary
June 22, 2015, 08:38:43 AM
humm.. what about distributed checkpoints? the distribution of checkpoints is expensive right?... does it make sense? Not quite seeing the implications of it... throwing ideas..
basically it would act as a sort/of voting system inside checkpointing.

Not familiar with distributed checkpoints, post a link to it's details or a coin using it.

Only checkpoints , I am aware of are hard checkpoints coded into the wallet or checkpoints send out by a checkpoint server.

Cool
Jump to: