Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 149. (Read 259347 times)

Activity: 278
Merit: 250
April 04, 2015, 05:16:19 AM
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
April 04, 2015, 05:03:20 AM
update: i have uploaded the new code base to the git. we are just doing some cross platform fine tuning. some of the ways i did stuff in windows isnt working on the mac machines. and this is obviously important so users who want to compile their own wallet can. after these fine tuning steps are done we will post the new wallets

Yeah, self compile is great, especially on linux

we actually lost a large chunk of the code for unix because someone accidentally pulled from git on code that i had edited. they should have pushed not pulled. no big deal though. i am just going to write the assembly again. i already know how to do it so doing it a second time isnt really a big deal

Not someone. It was me at 3 AM.... Won't happen again  Cry
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
April 03, 2015, 10:38:50 PM
update: i have uploaded the new code base to the git. we are just doing some cross platform fine tuning. some of the ways i did stuff in windows isnt working on the mac machines. and this is obviously important so users who want to compile their own wallet can. after these fine tuning steps are done we will post the new wallets

we actually lost a large chunk of the code for unix because someone accidentally pulled from git on code that i had edited. they should have pushed not pulled. no big deal though. i am just going to write the assembly again. i already know how to do it so doing it a second time isnt really a big deal
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
April 03, 2015, 10:11:11 PM

legendary
April 03, 2015, 07:23:27 PM
legendary
Merit: 1024
April 03, 2015, 06:31:08 PM
I think it's a good idea to combine the threads, builds more foundation than keeping them separate and kind of like a merger but you are not really merging them.
legendary
April 03, 2015, 10:15:51 AM
I can see the new wallet online in the Block Explorer. Is it ready to be released?

yes it is. i test on windows because it is a large majority of our user base. testing compiling on macs right now. then linux. the github push, then upload. so basically within like 2 hours

My wallet doesn't sync anymore and no minting is taking place..
Think the new wallet is about to be released! =)
Hope, everything works now and the new wallet is ready. I'm excited to see it! =D

mwc wallet should be staking correctly.
super wallet should be staking correctly.
ECC if you are before version 2.2 then you are not connected to the network. i disabled all wallets before that version due to code forking / old version 1 wallets with bad nodes plaguing the network on the lower levels.

id just like to make a statement about WHO should update.

update if:
-if you plan on using the multiple coin wallet in the future
-if you find that your wallet opens too slowly / if you close your wallets or turn your computer off and have to open them frequently. new wallet should reduce loading time
-if you find that you just want to support us with downloads

you do NOT need to update if:
-if you are running a node / daemon version of the wallet, theres no network difference. so the old wallets (2.2 , 2.3) will still communicate and work with 2.4 as if nothing had changed.
-if you are running an exchange
-if you dont close your wallets often (or like me never close them if you can avoid it) then this wont change too much for you. but you will need to update eventually if you want to use the multiple coin wallet

Why am i saying you need to update if you are one who is planning on using the multiple coin wallet?
- it is because the block indexing on the wallet level is different. this means that YES you will need to redownload the blockchain. HOWEVER i did manage to fix all the parts of the blockchain where loading would get stuck. i started syncing my 2.4 wallet (again) as a test before i went to bed last night. it never got stuck and has about 100k blocks left to go (i just woke up like 15 min ago) so its been syncing for about 6 hours.

i will post a downloadable blockchain somewhere (look for link in the OP later) incase u dont wanna wait for a resync.

so yeah. we are compiling and uploading wallets now. i will post again when links are live.

Todo after this is basic MWC and Super wallet maintenance. then i will be working on continuing our roadmap

EDIT: due to the fix that i had to make for the double spend bug. the time to load has increased from my original 30 second statement. it is almost completely dependent on cpu speed and harddrive speed. i am testing on a 1.9Ghz cpu and a 5400rpm harddrive. and it takes 2 min (down from 8 min)
Activity: 316
Merit: 10
April 03, 2015, 09:55:24 AM
My wallet doesn't sync anymore and no minting is taking place..
Think the new wallet is about to be released! =)
Hope, everything works now and the new wallet is ready. I'm excited to see it! =D
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
April 03, 2015, 04:17:06 AM
I can see the new wallet online in the Block Explorer. Is it ready to be released?
legendary
April 02, 2015, 08:46:39 AM
Update: sent the new wallets out to testers last night and a huge problem was brought to my attention that there was a bug that allowed you to send coins that you had already spent an unlimited number of times. this needs to be fixed before wallet is released. probably gunna take me a day

EDIT: fixed the problem. doing speed tests
legendary
April 01, 2015, 04:04:52 PM
Previous supercoin block explorer was way, way better, but the team decided to give up on it, 'cause it's more expensive.

One of the supporters was willing to pay for other one, but it seems he/she changed his/her mind.

yeah.... they wanted like 1.2 btc for a year... tbh i dont have that much spare btc on me

are you sure? the other explorers are 10$ per month and i think i saw that as well before it went offline taht's half a btc for a year tops

it's nice to see that you are so worried about the block explorer. I think it's nice to look at once in a while...nothing special.

You have a history of 4 posts...thats it, nothing else and the only thing you have to say is block explorer. It makes me wonder if you have something to do with the people behind CryptoID block explorer.

I must say that the CryptoID block explorer is beter then the one from block experts.

im almost 100% sure the block experts one would be just as good if they either didnt limit the processes system usage (idk if they do) or had higher grade hardware.
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
April 01, 2015, 03:34:09 PM
Previous supercoin block explorer was way, way better, but the team decided to give up on it, 'cause it's more expensive.

One of the supporters was willing to pay for other one, but it seems he/she changed his/her mind.

yeah.... they wanted like 1.2 btc for a year... tbh i dont have that much spare btc on me

are you sure? the other explorers are 10$ per month and i think i saw that as well before it went offline taht's half a btc for a year tops

it's nice to see that you are so worried about the block explorer. I think it's nice to look at once in a while...nothing special.

You have a history of 4 posts...thats it, nothing else and the only thing you have to say is block explorer. It makes me wonder if you have something to do with the people behind CryptoID block explorer.

I must say that the CryptoID block explorer is beter then the one from block experts.
legendary
April 01, 2015, 03:17:28 PM

yeah but we manage 3 coins =P
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
April 01, 2015, 03:06:58 PM

legendary
April 01, 2015, 03:05:58 PM
new code base is done. i fixed the last problem with the new ECC wallet about 2 minutes ago (from time of post) we should be releasing today. the only thing i have left to do is removed all the random debug print statements from the wallet code so the debug log isnt so blocked up. then move it to the official repo and post to github and post new wallet links. this WILL be up by the end of the day today
Merit: 500
April 01, 2015, 01:56:39 PM
Thank you anyway for answer. I no want join TS server. This coin is to cheap to staking 24/7 my comp I pay more for electricity bills .  If you think thats normal staking I take it.
legendary
April 01, 2015, 01:44:42 PM
Sorry I dont watch any math because wallet calculate this as "expected time" or I am wrong ?
My weight strenght is ~1.900.000 vs nethwork strenght 11.400.000 and wallet tell me several minuts expected times so why I take so low coins? one after 3 hours? (I mean first stake coin (o,x mwc), not literaly one coin)

there is nothing i can do about how often a wallet stakes. it is up to the network not me.

General Announcement to everyone:

We do have a TS sever open for public use. Info is in the OP under the communication section
April 01, 2015, 01:24:15 PM
Sorry I dont watch any math because wallet calculate this as "expected time" or I am wrong ?
My weight strenght is ~1.900.000 vs nethwork strenght 11.400.000 and wallet tell me several minuts expected times so why I take so low coins? one after 3 hours? (I mean first stake coin (o,x mwc), not literaly one coin)
legendary
April 01, 2015, 01:08:14 PM

Normally ? Sorry but I dont agree I see "expected time" several minuts and after 3 hours I generated first coin (and not full one) Huh
Its normally ? I cant have 24/7 working my comp because I sleep/working so staking few hours on day but why I see several minuts expected time but first time gemerated staked coins after 3 hours ? before I have ~50% "generated but not accepted", now I have all accepted but expected several minuts when I take coin after 3 hours after start staking.
So whats is wrong ? I have I think newest wallet v. 1.2.0.0.
No fudd but why I can't take whats wrote "expected rime" HuhHuh different expected several minuts vs 3 hours Huh

@up sry Griffith but I cant leave open leave wallet 24h because I working and my home is empty and I cant stay my comp working nobody home, its can have fire and energy cost for staking and working all comp is to high, so I stake when I in home.

not sure if you have ever looked at the math for the expected time. but here it is..

uint64_t nMinWeight = 0, nMaxWeight = 0, nWeight = 0;
    pwalletMain->GetStakeWeight(*pwalletMain, nMinWeight, nMaxWeight, nWeight);

uint64_t nNetworkWeight = GetPoSKernelPS();
    bool staking = nLastCoinStakeSearchInterval && nWeight;
    int nExpectedTime = staking ? (nTargetSpacing * nNetworkWeight / nWeight) : -1;

which in simplified non code terms is:

nMinWeight = 0, nMaxWeight = 0, nWeight = 0;
then it gets your stake weight from the wallet and sets those numbers from 0 to the correct numbers.

it gets the nextwork weight.
checks to see if you are staking.
if you are. then it takes the target block time. multiplies it by the network weight and then divides it by how much weight you have. (if you arent staking it puts a -1 for false)

and that is your expected time till next stake.

so.. the computation behind that estimated value is solid. but if the wallet actually does it or not isnt up to us. its up to the network. so i cant really help you there
April 01, 2015, 12:57:15 PM
Staking MWC.
Expected time 2X minuts but I waiting 2-3 hours and noone coin staked. Nothing.
Its normal ??

Staking normaly here, no problems at all

Normally ? Sorry but I dont agree I see "expected time" several minuts and after 3 hours I generated first coin (and not full one) Huh
Its normally ? I cant have 24/7 working my comp because I sleep/working so staking few hours on day but why I see several minuts expected time but first time gemerated staked coins after 3 hours ? before I have ~50% "generated but not accepted", now I have all accepted but expected several minuts when I take coin after 3 hours after start staking.
So whats is wrong ? I have I think newest wallet v. 1.2.0.0.
No fudd but why I can't take whats wrote "expected rime" HuhHuh different expected several minuts vs 3 hours Huh

@up sry Griffith but I cant leave open leave wallet 24h because I working and my home is empty and I cant stay my comp working nobody home, its can have fire and energy cost for staking and working all comp is to high, so I stake when I in home.
Jump to: