Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] eMunie (EMU) - NOT a BitCoin fork/clone - call for beta testers - page 5. (Read 78364 times)

Activity: 290
Merit: 250
When will the ipo start?
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Hope he would offer Escrow at least  Wink

Otherwise there will be no one investing in a coin that delayed several times .

In that case he would accept escrow - i will give it a try.

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

It's been almost one year since eMule is postponing its launch every week.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 534
How can I get eMunie?

You can't yet, is still in beta testing.
If you are interested in this project go to beta.emunie.com and download
the latest beta client.

To receive test eMu register to forum
forum.emunie.com and ask someone there to spam you with test eMus
while you are running the client.

There will be an IPO don't know when were you will be able to buy eMu
at rate 0.10 $ for 1eMu.

If you don't want to invest you will be still able to participate
by running the client "hatcher" on your computer and earn transaction
fees.

Activity: 67
How can I get eMunie?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Quixotic.  That's my impression of emunie.

I met Fuserleer at the NY bitcoin conference.  I didn't get a scammer vibe.  He struck me as sincere, smart, but naive about how much he was biting off.   He claims his one-man written crypto currency will solve near every fundamental economic problem and technical limitation of modern crypto currencies with one stroke.  Such a claim strains credulity to say the least.

The explanations for exactly how emunie will do even just a few slices of what is claimed that are posted on the emunie forum are so high level as to be hardly illuminating.  The complexities of what solutions are outlined remind me of a Rube Goldberg machine constructed by applying basic physics principles innocently thinking the machine should just work.  Solutions create more problems and failure points than they address.  Countless potential objections are overlooked.  Arbitrary assumptions are employed liberally. 

I do appreciate the fresh approach and calling out of various fundamental flaws in bitcoin.  However tackling even just a few of them seriously would require a big tent, open source effort engaging the experience and brains of the entire crypto-currency community.  It would take time with numerous evolutionary steps.

With emunie, noble aims do not a viable solution make.
Activity: 70
To start yes, with native clients later on for efficiency.

It'll be open source anyway, so a Java implementation allows cross platform quickly and decompilation of code isn't an issue.
Activity: 378
Had no clue how to answer my questions about the technical specifications of the coin.

If by "technical specifications" you mean stuff like hash algorithm, block time, block reward etc. - these simply don't exist for eMunie because it doesn't work like that. Unfortunately, nobody except Fuserleer knows how it works instead.

Talked about the coin being it's own business and infrastructure (compared to other devs that release coins and let others do the work), so I assumed from that it wasn't open source.

Yes, it isn't open source. It will become open source some time after the launch (I think 1 year after).

Didn't see any actual devs there.

The (only) developer (Fuserleer) should have been there. Maybe you missed him.

Said IPO within the month.

I wouldn't bet on that...

Dodged questions regarding what IPO funding will be used for.

AFAIK the IPO funds will be used to stabilize the currency.

So there will be a fund raising asking people for money but no technical explanation how any of it (if any of it) works?

Not exactly. There is a working beta,  with a new one being released very soon. There is a high level explanation that's almost complete too. Head over to the emunie forum and check. It out for yourself.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
When Emunie will launch now Huh
Activity: 724
Merit: 500
Talked to *somebody* over at the eMunie booth today at Inside Bitcoins NYC. Had no clue how to answer my questions about the technical specifications of the coin. Talked about the coin being it's own business and infrastructure (compared to other devs that release coins and let others do the work), so I assumed from that it wasn't open source. Bragged about not being a Bitcoin clone. Didn't see any actual devs there. Seems very sketchy. Said IPO within the month. Dodged questions regarding what IPO funding will be used for.

There were 4 emunie guys on the booth, and one of them was the main dev. You can see him here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.634346223301292.1073741829.585808668155048&type=1

Activity: 332
Long time no see
eMunie
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Had no clue how to answer my questions about the technical specifications of the coin.

If by "technical specifications" you mean stuff like hash algorithm, block time, block reward etc. - these simply don't exist for eMunie because it doesn't work like that. Unfortunately, nobody except Fuserleer knows how it works instead.

Talked about the coin being it's own business and infrastructure (compared to other devs that release coins and let others do the work), so I assumed from that it wasn't open source.

Yes, it isn't open source. It will become open source some time after the launch (I think 1 year after).

So there will be a fund raising asking people for money but no technical explanation how any of it (if any of it) works?
Activity: 149
Merit: 102

Activity: 350
Talked to *somebody* over at the eMunie booth today at Inside Bitcoins NYC. Had no clue how to answer my questions about the technical specifications of the coin. Talked about the coin being it's own business and infrastructure (compared to other devs that release coins and let others do the work), so I assumed from that it wasn't open source. Bragged about not being a Bitcoin clone. Didn't see any actual devs there. Seems very sketchy. Said IPO within the month. Dodged questions regarding what IPO funding will be used for.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
Activity: 532
PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance
is emunie IPO out or no
Activity: 64
there is the possibility, yet to invest in emunie??
Activity: 446
This is the worlds slowest scam then
Activity: 94
All talk about scam is FUD bullshit.

You can meet the eMunie team at the Inside Bitcoin conference in New York next week:

http://www.mediabistro.com/insidebitcoins/new-york/

The eMu team is real. I know that. They are real scammers. That's also true.
Activity: 140
EMU has been continuously improved, but a long time waiting let a person afflictive
Pages:
Jump to: