Author

Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts - page 272. (Read 821107 times)

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

wow. vitalik calling for super user blockchain access.

https://mobile.twitter.com/eth_classic/status/774431584707547136
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Isn't that not just another chinese exchange?
etc is on chinese exchanges, isn't it?  Cool

I think the ETC is on several small Chinese exchanges. Most the big exchanges do not even have the Ethereum.
Activity: 390
Isn't that not just another chinese exchange?
etc is on chinese exchanges, isn't it?  Cool
Activity: 546
A new Chinese exchange has launched ETC trading instead ETH and will soon launch a online ETC wallet.
  http://bichuang.com

NEWS: https://twitter.com/ETCChina/status/774255568928116736 

Pump it up CHINA

Im counting on you....5 dollars soon and parity

GO ETC
Activity: 819
Merit: 1000
A new Chinese exchange has launched ETC trading instead ETH and will soon launch a online ETC wallet.
  http://bichuang.com

NEWS: https://twitter.com/ETCChina/status/774255568928116736 

Activity: 1022
This is true btc waiting to hard fork?btc and btc classic in this year?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117
ETC block explorer shows that one of my ETH address have ETC. but how to claim them? i only found 3 JSON files on my harddisk. and none of them correspond to the address with ETH/ETC.

how do i find the private key of this address? i am using Ethereum-Wallet 0.8.1 on OS X.
Activity: 336
Merit: 252

This is quite amazing.

You're so deep into the crook mindset that you can't see the obvious.

This is not a matter for discussion.

It's not yours. There is only one course of action.

Errr pot calling the kettle black................

Roll Eyes
Activity: 299
Merit: 100

This is quite amazing.

Your coins were refunded you have all the ETH . Just because you want to double dip and also get ETC does not make it yours.
Didnt you get enough free ETC already ? ETH will fail because of greedy people like you. Do you want more Free ETC? Short ETH and convert the profits into ETC Wink
Activity: 364
Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry
Bitcoin did well today, up 1.8% on the dollar

ETC was also up 1.49% on the dollar, but down 1.72% against Bitcoin,

However, ETC was up 2.63% again ETH   Wink
Activity: 868
Merit: 517

This is quite amazing.

I would love to hear this course of action...  Since there is only one.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Eth foundation is like haters gonna hate in this moment.
They try fuck etc in various ways.

Like a say, prob darkDAO hacker are from eth foundation
https://blog.bity.com/2016/09/06/whitehat-withdrawal-contract-final-deposit-is-available/

The DarkDAO attacker withdrew 3.64 million ETC on September 6th 00:02 CET.
The funds are now located inside this address 0x5e8f0e63e7614c47079a41ad4c37be7def06df5a. At the time of writing most of the funds are intact except for 1,000 ETC the attacker donated to an address associated with ETC development. The WHG kindly ask that the recipient of these funds deposit the 1000 ETC to the withdraw contract so it can be distributed to its rightful owners.

DO NOT FORGET CODE IS LAW

We are not law enforcement or police and first of all we believe he is not hacker or attacker but very talented person who kindly helped us find bug in the system and should be awarded for this not punished!

who is we ?
ETC community, is it not? Than me! If this is not what ETC community feels like so my mistake and I should not be here. I was mislead to think like it.

You and I have similar feelings. So atleast one person shares your position.

From The Ethereum Classic Website: https://ethereumclassic.github.io/

"We believe the core value proposition of any blockchain is immutability; valid transactions can never be erased or forgotten. Individuals interacting on Ethereum Classic are governed by this reality; Code is Law.

This does not necessarily mean that code replaces existing laws, or that only code is law (there are many geographical jurisdictions), but it gives users the opportunity to enter into a new blockchain-based jurisdiction where agreements are governed by code.

By entering into contracts on Ethereum Classic, you can be certain that the network remains neutral. The outcome of transactions will be dictated by code you voluntarily interact with. Unless explicitly defined by the contract code, there are no reversals, no undos, no opt-outs.

Transactions are final; applications are unstoppable."
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
https://blog.bity.com/2016/09/06/whitehat-withdrawal-contract-final-deposit-is-available/

The funds are now located inside this address 0x5e8f0e63e7614c47079a41ad4c37be7def06df5a. At the time of writing most of the funds are intact except for 1,000 ETC the attacker donated to an address associated with ETC development. The WHG kindly ask that the recipient of these funds deposit the 1000 ETC to the withdraw contract so it can be distributed to its rightful owners.

We are not law enforcement or police and first of all we believe he is not hacker or attacker but very talented person who kindly helped us find bug in the system and should be awarded for this not punished!

who is we ?
ETC community, is it not? Than me! If this is not what ETC community feels like so my mistake and I should not be here. I was mislead to think like it.

You and I have similar feelings. So atleast one person shares your position.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

This is quite amazing.

This is what happens when you invite "community" opinions.  Everyone has them so everyone is having their say that wants to have a say.  I vote to give the funds to a non-profit charity.  Others have suggested burning them.  Others have made suggestions ranging from contracts, and giving to WHG, and it is like herding CATS.  

Personally I would just give it to non-profit charity and make a public statement regarding what happened and why would could not keep or use the funds.  I am a keep it simple type of person. But lots of people have different ideas.  Everyone deserves to have their ideas heard.

I would like to give them to Krypton.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
This is what happens when you invite "community" opinions.  Everyone has them so everyone is having their say that wants to have a say.  I vote to give the funds to a non-profit charity.  Others have suggested burning them.  Others have made suggestions ranging from contracts, and giving to WHG, and it is like herding CATS.  

Personally I would just give it to non-profit charity and make a public statement regarding what happened and why we could not keep or use the funds.  I am a keep it simple type of person. But lots of people have different ideas.  Everyone deserves to have their ideas heard.

Again, whg, vitalik, the foundation... they are irrelevant to these 1000 etc.

I understand there is some kind of code among thieves, but to the rest of us this matter is pretty simple.

Actually the matter isn't simple.  If you want to take part in the conversation you can find it on the slack.   I have already expressed my opinion about what to do with the funds, but there are a LOT of opinions on what to do.  Some of the ideas are better than others, but it is a very lively debate.  

Longsnowsm is correct.  Even if you were to get Longsnowsm and myself to agree with you it would have no effect.
You have to become an Ethereum classic supporter to and get others "on side" to make any effect.
Moreover, we have been over this.  
Repeatedly asking like a young child will not change the situation.

The 1000etc are now frozen.

who is we ?

I see that there are people in the ETC community that have strong opinions!  Also some,.. like myself, have no opinion at all as I did not invest in the Dao.  However, we have no Centralized Governance.  We have no "man at the top".  We have no hierarchy to make that call.

I understand your plead @Mrpumperitis for the 1000etc but, I do not recognise your self proclaimed authority as the Ethereum Foundation Spokesperson.

If the Foundation want to beg for the 1000etc, let the person at the the center of the Ethereum Foundation step forward and kneel before us all. They will have to make their case to every etc miner, holder and supporter and gain agreement among each and every one of us before they can change the direction of the 1000etc in question.  

The 1000etc was donated for development.  Anyone that wants it to go elsewhere, well they will have to join us, lobby, campaign, argue and gain conscientious among all the etc community, before it will ever happen.

Quoted from Ethereum Classic Website https://ethereumclassic.github.io/

Decentralized Governance

"There are many problems that fester due to centralization and opaqueness; corruption, unaccountability, nepotism, inefficiency and stagnation. Ultimately, centralization leads to fragility; only decentralized systems can stand the test of time.

These problems can be only solved by adhering to governance systems that do not rely on a central point of failure. Just like distributed networks and the consensus protocol itself, we believe that only truly decentralized projects can survive in the long run.

Ethereum Classic manifests these values by relinquishing control by a formalized central foundation. The only hierarchy is that of transparent meritocracy and mutual reputation. No backroom deals or behind-closed-doors unilateral decision making; just free and open discourse".

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

Again, whg, vitalik, the foundation... they are irrelevant to these 1000 etc.

I understand there is some kind of code among thieves, but to the rest of us this matter is pretty simple.

Actually the matter isn't simple.  If you want to take part in the conversation you can find it on the slack.   I have already expressed my opinion about what to do with the funds, but there are a LOT of opinions on what to do.  Some of the ideas are better than others, but it is a very lively debate. 
Jump to: