Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [eToken] Rare | Website 11 languages | New version -> mandatory update - page 13. (Read 108311 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
what do you think about cut reward every 2 weeks for 1/8 from original reward? that would motivate people to not dump and to mine.
and retarget time diffuculty make it very dynamic, very fast. so eTok won't be raped by Hash-whales everytime when difficult fall.

I don't think this would be useful . Miners want to make profit . Coin is scarce as it is (at least , on normal difficulties). If you cut whatever profit there is now , miners will keep quitting and we will face the same problem we had when difficulty was retargeting slowly.

As for the fast difficulty retarget , there must be a solution to make the coin useless for the multipools. Afterall they are the biggest dumpers.

Miners will get profit, their coins will become more and more rare every 2 weeks, so they have addiotional motivation to mine and hold. And if 1/8 its too much, make it 1/16 or 1/32 or 1/64
It will be very little cut of reward, but it will make coin everytime more rare.
for example DOGE have cut of reward every 2 month if i remember it right.

if retarget of diff. will be fast - there are won't be any rape from multipool -> less dumpers.
Merit: 1
FORK Guys, ASAP.
There is suggestion to retarget diff after every 1-2 blocks.
This will help to avoid "Gravity well" problem from multipools.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
As all DEVs leave and come back, they always say to others what meter they met, but this DEV isn't.

Such as Kitteh DEV, he said he sicked and couldn't lead that coin and he found another team to lead. So now, they seems to be successful.

I think this DEV will never come back or he only comes back when this coin successes.
Activity: 169
Hey guys, things happen outside of crypto and this forum, like the dev behind mooncoin said he was ill and then he came back, maybe we should give the dev the benefit of the doubt?

Case in point. Never invest in a coin with ONE FUCKING DEV running the show. We will vote for new leadership, like I said before. Seriously WTF is wrong w/ you guys. We need at least multiple people in multiple time zones in order to be able to support a project.
Also, I have lost all faith in the OP. I mean who the fuck runs a business like this? Even if he comes back the NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS VOTE TO FIRE THIS ASSHOLE and hire new management!!!
Activity: 140
Hey guys, things happen outside of crypto and this forum, like the dev behind mooncoin said he was ill and then he came back, maybe we should give the dev the benefit of the doubt?
I suggest the deadline is Monday. What if OP is on a business trip again for the whole week like last time, and is on a crappy GSM connection with his phone and managed to login here but couldn't download pages or post. He had a vision after all, what possibly we could lose if we wait 2 more days but we have everything to lose if we rush this and OP comes back on Monday.

Sat means it's the deadline for the OP to respond, after that we will take all the info, coinedup, mining after the fork, etc. We will move forward, if people want to wait for the OP's vacation to end until May well then sorry for you, its time for action, "don't be the guy who buys and holds no matter what the situation presents"
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
I suggest the deadline is Monday. What if OP is on a business trip again for the whole week like last time, and is on a crappy GSM connection with his phone and managed to login here but couldn't download pages or post. He had a vision after all, what possibly we could lose if we wait 2 more days but we have everything to lose if we rush this and OP comes back on Monday.
Okay like we said before, deadline for the OP to come back is Sat. Once that deadline passes we are going into full gear, first order of business is getting the coin running. Im going to take vacation time next week just to be able to get this going. There will be either a small premine for a programmer or a donation. If we go the donation route I don't think the programmer will except e-tokens so we will either have to pay in BTC or whatever coin that dev is currently involved in. I don't care either way. If we go w/ a donation I want a trusted escrow and full payment made once we have a functional product. If we don't want to go the donation route then we will have to pay w/ e-tokens, maybe a small bank to pay the new programmer w/ etoks. Please throw spears.
* But if you want Etok coins (from new fork) I have 1038 (special collection Smiley

Air is free. Feel free to send them anybody for free.
Activity: 238
Hello

I sympathize with you, it is very sad what happened to this coin.
I'm surprised that everyone  is not switched to the new fork.

I understand that new for have a bug, and that the difficulty is too small, many orphans and no Windows wallet.

But despite this, some of the older miners increased the amount of excavated by his coins.

because of the difficulty (and many digged coins) eTok lose its value (for example by half).
If the developer will work quickly and issued a revised source + windows wallet.
This coin would survive turbulence.  and everyone would be on the right fork.

Now you are planning a revolt and it will be very difficult to carry out. I doubt that the reputation of the coin will reborn.

I wish you to be successful.

I think it's easier and better for the reputation of the coin, it would make a new coin with a new name.

Sum the number of coins that people have (with the original fork only) in wallet (unsold) do premine on the amount of coins and distribute it to all those who were old eToken holders.

The new coin, a new credit of trust.

BTW Smiley

WTS 1038  eTok (after fork) ;-)   Little joke * Smiley

Best Regards
* But if you want Etok coins (from new fork) I have 1038 (special collection Smiley
Activity: 84
the cake is a lie
what do you think about cut reward every 2 weeks for 1/8 from original reward? that would motivate people to not dump and to mine.
and retarget time diffuculty make it very dynamic, very fast. so eTok won't be raped by Hash-whales everytime when difficult fall.

I don't think this would be useful . Miners want to make profit . Coin is scarce as it is (at least , on normal difficulties). If you cut whatever profit there is now , miners will keep quitting and we will face the same problem we had when difficulty was retargeting slowly.

As for the fast difficulty retarget , there must be a solution to make the coin useless for the multipools. Afterall they are the biggest dumpers.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

for 1/8 is too much maybe with 1/8 to cut but i don't think it would be wort to mess with standard block reward by "closing the bank" and maybe disabling 2500 and 250 blocks we can get a much more valuable coin with even less supply than 900K
Activity: 98

agre with you!

we have a good community!!!
http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/

You are right. Fork doesn't fix it all. But a fixed difficulty will allow us to mine , buy , sell , etc. About the next steps. What I think is :

1. we fork. whoever can code should code . there may or may not be rewards for coders . for those that already own coins , coin advancement is in itself a reward (people could and should still donate to those that help). For those new to this coin , donations help them get into the market.  

2. we make wallets : linux , mac , windoze working wallets and block explorer
3. we tell everybody else , mine (solo and @ pools) and test the new fork
4. coinedup needs to be contacted to start trading again
5. the ones of us that have the most coins (or the bank, if we decide to have one) make giveaways and at least one faucet
6. new site for coin (old one belongs to old dev)
7. new thread for coin or clean this one
7. we continue support on cryptsy thread and re-add it to coinmarketcap and cryptokopen.eu
8. new reddit , tweeter , maybe even facebook account
9. we add it to more game sites
10. we find people to write articles/reviews about coin (for donations or simply because they like it ) and also youtube videos
11. we try to find service providers that would accept etoken , or members that would sell stuff/services for etoken (once hashrate is high enough to make network secure and fairly hard to 51%)
12. we try to get it on a chinese exchange
13. we make fancy new logo (this can wait)
14. we make offline paperwallet (no particular order for this one . can be made at any time , but people would use it only once etoken has real value)

for more ideas take a look @ megacoin , earthcoin

True fork  is not a magic trick for a good coin. Its just a start.
1 Plans for the fork (and whats in it) and a dev are already in place. Get rid of pre mine and good difficulty.
2 Needs to be done :-)
3 There is a pool to test it  Smiley
4 see 5
5 i think a little bank. Because of the coinedup thing.
6 I got a domain name. There was someone offering to host it. So with a small fee that could all be covered for the long run
7 new tread is a needed
And the rest of the points where all work in progress for the old coin. So we for sure need that part of the list to be done also

Good list Cheesy

Activity: 84
the cake is a lie
The answer to your question - what are you going to do after the fork applied? What is the plan for further development, promotions and so on? So many people wants fork asap, but they don't know what to do next... This guys panicing and want smth right now, they don't want to look into future of coin. Ok, we will apply fork - what is next? Anyone gonna take responsibility for future development? What is the plan?

You said that before. What panic? We have a dev who was there all the time. And since it went wrong he was online on cryptocointalk, bitcointalk and someone found him online on facebook. But no reaction at all.

You only say that we must sit down and wait. Thats your choice. But what we do is about reality.

But well do you have any ideas then? Step up and show us what to do next. There are lots of people who have ideas. About making websites etc. So i dont see your point. I saw a lot of people with ideas.

There are more coins doing it without a dev. Its opensource and decentralized and there will always be some people who step up to change stuff if the biggest part of the community wants it. Even now with a crashed and for now abandoned coin there still is life. So some people will step up and do a task. We don't need a title or a bonus. If we would do that. We can call our selfs HSBC, Bank of America or what ever.

I still don't see any answer on my questions. What will be the next step? All of you think that fork is wand and fix everything. But that is not true. This is the last our chance but not the best solution. That is why I voted to wait for dev answer and only after that start performing with fork.
what is next? Anyone gonna take responsibility for future development? What is the plan? Ask yourself before voting. There are still no answers .

I saw several coins in bad situations and do you know what? Everytime when this situation appear I saw a lot of members that was so angry on dev and situation. They wanted to do so many good for coin, but then... when we needed them, most of them disappeared.

You are right. Fork doesn't fix it all. But a fixed difficulty will allow us to mine , buy , sell , etc. About the next steps. What I think is :

1. we fork. whoever can code should code . there may or may not be rewards for coders . for those that already own coins , coin advancement is in itself a reward (people could and should still donate to those that help). For those new to this coin , donations help them get into the market.   

2. we make wallets : linux , mac , windoze working wallets and block explorer
3. we tell everybody else , mine (solo and @ pools) and test the new fork
4. coinedup needs to be contacted to start trading again
5. the ones of us that have the most coins (or the bank, if we decide to have one) make giveaways and at least one faucet
6. new site for coin (old one belongs to old dev)
7. new thread for coin or clean this one
7. we continue support on cryptsy thread and re-add it to coinmarketcap and cryptokopen.eu
8. new reddit , tweeter , maybe even facebook account
9. we add it to more game sites
10. we find people to write articles/reviews about coin (for donations or simply because they like it ) and also youtube videos
11. we try to find service providers that would accept etoken , or members that would sell stuff/services for etoken (once hashrate is high enough to make network secure and fairly hard to 51%)
12. we try to get it on a chinese exchange
13. we make fancy new logo (this can wait)
14. we make offline paperwallet (no particular order for this one . can be made at any time , but people would use it only once etoken has real value)

for more ideas take a look @ megacoin , earthcoin
http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/
Pages:
Jump to: