Author

Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard) - page 197. (Read 961462 times)

legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
Buy on exchange - its faster, cheaper and easier

I'm thinking price will rise faster than you can mine a significant amount.

Of course mining now with the expectation of price increase is fine - but you need volume quick and the cap investment required is higher risk than just buying.

What dou you recommend? To invest in better equipment and stay mining or invest directly in exchange?

The current market price of 100k satoshi makes for a great entry point into expanse. I'd buy just because exp is so cheap right now.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
What dou you recommend? To invest in better equipment and stay mining or invest directly in exchange?

The current market price of 100k satoshi makes for a great entry point into expanse. I'd buy just because exp is so cheap right now.
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
Bi-weekly sounds good - its a good balance between effective communication - and the other side of wasted time and actually having progress on things to report on.

This is great news

Cheers - usukan

two weeks is fine, this is software development not game of thrones

Yes, I mentioned weekly to the team a bit ago and they suggested bi-weekly, as it does take time for new developments and news.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com

Yes, I mentioned weekly to the team a bit ago and they suggested bi-weekly, as it does take time for new developments and news.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
5000 watts is not much, for gpu profit right now... with 5000watts for btc mining only the antminer s7 is profitable.

So you actually turning any profit or you just doing it for the coins and crypto for the future or selling parts off pay the energy bills and take the rest for future?

5k watt would probs cost me something like £10 to £15 a day in energy bills so I doubt would work out good for me due to price sin UK if mining with such amounts.
Activity: 882
Activity: 784
Pools Of Honor
weekly updates preferably.
legendary
Activity: 1470
cryptocollectorsclub.com
Any updates from the devs?

What I was thinking might be useful would be a bi-weekly update newsletter. These would show what is currently being worked on, stats, and what has been completed in the last few weeks, along with any news related to Expanse like Destiny or any 3rd party dApps, and future DAO voting results once it starts.

Would a newsletter like this be useful to those following more casually? Perhaps start of the month and mid month updates?
Pools Of Honor
5000 watts is not much, for gpu profit right now... with 5000watts for btc mining only the antminer s7 is profitable.
legendary
Activity: 1820
oh total, watts for it is, 5000watts... total hash power on eth is 590mhash.

Thats insane 5,000 watts not over 9,000 Tongue and 590MH fk me bet ya chuggin out the coins with that much hashes. Hope ya solo mining Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
serious , i have to agree with defaced....same algo & tech (( more or less )).....same CARMA
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
There are two wallets, one with 10m, the other with 1m, the one with 1m was, has always been and still is the initial dev fund. The one million was supposed to be paid out over 1 year at 90k/3 per month.  Out of the 1m we have used like 300k so in SEVEN months which is about 25k a month nearly 1/4th of our initial budget. We have proved to be using our funds rather sparingly. We use this fund to pay for all sorts of stuff/bounties from video production, to permanent node hosting, new website and logo which you can see in the OP and project development.

You have to remember when we first start an EXP was only a few cents max, so the 30k exp we split a couple times was only a few thousand dollars. A few thousand dollars to split with 3 adults that have real bills and families, and a project that also has bills and a family isnt very much. Thank god those times have changed and we are getting the $10k a month in Azure credits. This certainly helps with infrastructure cost. Smiley We are also now fully funded to finish development on the DAO. We have even added a few members to our team. We are doing all of this with our own funds outside the 10m for the community.

I know you feel like you stumbled onto some mystic secret however, but you didnt. EXP is going down just like all the other alts are going down and thats because BTC is moving up and ETH is being slammed. We are tied to eth like LTC is tied to BTC. Its not the mystery/conspiracy you want it to be. I'm sorry to let you down.

THE PANAMA PAPERS  made a good job!haha

Pools Of Honor
add me on skype if you want...

I keep them cool in the summer with strong airfans.... but the voltage and power limit on the cards is as possible low.. to avoid droping on hashing power, but it succedds even taking 5-7celcius down.. from the cards..
Max temp on the biggest ones is 65C. (390x)
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
the 2 first ones are asus 390x, the others are 390xfx... then 2 xfx 380, then 5 sapphire 380, then 2 390msi, and one 7950 vapor x

the other rig is with gigabyte 7950, and two sapphire 380. 

Sapphire 380 forever mate Wink ! That's this ones that I have.

unless you are planning to mine in a single motherboard  with more than 5 gpus.. then its no need for ubuntu...
i am using windows 10.

That's where's my problem Cheesy ! Even if at the moment I have only one GPU, the five other are on the go ! I'm definitely considering Windows, because with my problems and my Celeron CPU, I'm not going to mine ! On Windows 7 I can mine with 6 GPUs ?

no, 6 gpus no... and 5 with a small celeron will be a bit laggy, but only in the beggining where dag file is loaded. then its ok. in windows its a 10minute deal.. to mine exp or any other similar. 

Ok so I'll follow your advice. If Ubuntu can't work (I'll do a final test now), then I'll go with Windows 7. Too bad for the 6th card. It'll wait until I order a second rig next month.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
I started mining EXP. I own a lot of EXP and what I mine is a small fraction of what I own, it probably doesn't give me profit at all with my lonely GPU.

But it surprised me how easy it was, it looked a lot more difficult than it is.

But I'd like to support EXP, by contributing to it's network, even if it's just 0.2% of the Hashrate.

Let's get the hashrate up, hold and the price will follow.
legendary
Activity: 966
The price is following the trend of eth so if eth jump exp will follow Smiley
Activity: 650
Merit: 502
Any updates from the devs?
Jump to: