Author

Topic: [ANN] Expanse (EXP) - 1st Stable fork of Ethereum (New Algo + PirlGuard) - page 374. (Read 961462 times)

Activity: 458
Merit: 250
Keeping an eye on this...
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
(-(-_(-_-)_-)-)
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
This one will be interesting! Definitely bookmarking this thread, will keep a close eye on the launch Smiley Time to kick ethereum a little bit Wink
Activity: 293
Merit: 251
Director - www.cubeform.io

Sometimes I'll be mining 2 to 4 days straight with no issue, then all of a sudden the DAGs don't work and I need to regenerate them.

Also, if a pool(s) are eventually created, could make sure they implement stratum instead of getwork. I guess the miner could get forked to do stratum mining also.

The DAG file is completely regenerated with entirely different contents every 30000 blocks (~100 hours). It needs to be generated (and takes time to do so) each 30,000 block cycle. DAG's can however be pre-generated, avoiding the need for the delay in generating one between each 30,000 block epoch. It seems there are a few comments/concerns related to DAG files, optimized configuration, space issues related to them, etc, So I will try to write a lengthier post explaining them, how they are used, and how to configure your environment to help clear up everyone's understanding.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Finally the moment we've been waiting for! Bring it on. I can't wait for the main/official release. It will be epic  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
Detailed linux instructions for mining install will be greatly appreciated  Smiley (don't want to screw up my eth miner already there)

Looking forward to trying the testnet.

Of course we will have detailed instructions. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
Detailed linux instructions for mining install will be greatly appreciated  Smiley (don't want to screw up my eth miner already there)

Looking forward to trying the testnet.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
When are you guys going to give up on creating new coins and just continue to work on the 10+ you've already created?

Yet another Franko shitcoin.

How many coins do you think Christopher Franko has m8? He has released 3, FRK (which is still actively supported), ADN (a tribute to his first born son), and MIM (a parody). Expanse is a platform he is going to use for his exp.life project which also incorporates FRK. Is the water under your bridge a bit nippy today?

I came up with the branding of Expanse and EXP for the ticker, and it turned out Franko was already working on something called exp.life for Franko, so it was a perfect fit when we talked about it. I know first hand he plans on supporting and updating Franko over time, and devs that stick around and support their communities for years are a rare thing on Bitcointalk. So I think that adds a lot of value to this project, that we will be here for the long haul.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I was just looking at block target and is 60 seconds why? ETH is 16 seconds.

The reason I pushed the confirmation time to 60 seconds rather than ETH's 16 seconds is to give more time for block propagation and lower the amount of orphans created by the network.

Another issue I personally experience is, sometime the DAG files get corrupted. Is there anything to help minimize this or prevent it? It's not very ssd friendly to keep erasing and rewriting files....

I havnt had this issue but I also use a standard harddrive, i'll look it up and when I find the answer ill get back to you.

Sometimes I'll be mining 2 to 4 days straight with no issue, then all of a sudden the DAGs don't work and I need to regenerate them.

Also, if a pool(s) are eventually created, could make sure they implement stratum instead of getwork. I guess the miner could get forked to do stratum mining also.
When are you guys going to give up on creating new coins and just continue to work on the 10+ you've already created?

How many coins do you think Christopher Franko has m8? He has released 3, FRK (which is still actively supported), ADN (a tribute to his first born son), and MIM (a parody). Expanse is a platform he is going to use for his exp.life project which also incorporates FRK. Is the water under your bridge a bit nippy today?

Franko/Defaced is a trusted dev, I've mined and traded both FRK and ADN in the past. Sure, the coins aren't doing great in the financial sense, but he still supports them compared to other devs.

Take a look at XQN aka Joe M, the dev ditches the project and make his last update an unnecessary 32-bit wallet, instead of updating the latest bitcoin core for security reasons. That's an example of a bad dev.
legendary
Franko is Freedom

The reason I pushed the confirmation time to 60 seconds rather than ETH's 16 seconds is to give more time for block propagation and lower the amount of orphans created by the network.

Another issue I personally experience is, sometime the DAG files get corrupted. Is there anything to help minimize this or prevent it? It's not very ssd friendly to keep erasing and rewriting files....

I havnt had this issue but I also use a standard harddrive, i'll look it up and when I find the answer ill get back to you.

Activity: 752
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

legendary
Franko is Freedom

legendary
Activity: 1470
cryptocollectorsclub.com

Franko could answer more technically, but I believe the reason is ETH gets a lot of orphans right now so this is more stable. We can always speed it up later if needed.
Activity: 583
why does franko make shit like franko currency and aiden?

Why does someone do anything?

I made Franko to learn, first hand how cryptocurrency operates, and to give people another option with attributes that I found desirable. Franko has a monetary policy based on longevity and scarcity which virtually eliminates most of the early adopter benefits that are so rooted in the crypto currency community. I made ADN, 1 as a tribute to my first born, and two, to stress test the less memory intensive version of scrypt that it uses because I was thinking about adding it into FRK (which I have later decided against).

So that begs the question, why am I making EXP?

Because I have another project ive been working on for about a year called, EXP.life, a gamified micro employment platform that will create immortal profiles/resumes of people that live on a blockchain and there is very little incentive for me to use ETH.

But to answer my very first question, why do I work on crypto projects? 1, to learn (i'm a kinetic learner) and 2, because I can.

if you could make that coin with a less memory intensive (and smaller dag files) version of this algo ,that would be good.

DAGs takes 2 to 3 GB. What's the CLI command to stop continuously regenerating DAGs. I swear I got like 20GB of DAGs and growing....lmfao
Activity: 293
Merit: 251
Director - www.cubeform.io

I am currently not an active developer on any coins. I am part of a few projects in the blockchain/crypto space, but none of them are comparable platforms or alternative crypto currencies. I have however worked on a number of cryptocoin projects as a code contributor and/or consultant, often by communities wanting to keep an abandoned coin updated, or devs wanting to add new features outside of their range of ability. I have not been a part of any of the giant IPO/ICO projects, or Big coin production groups responsible for most of the most recognized coins to come and go. My identity is open, I use my real name, and you will find I have no negative reputation for being a part of any dubious coin projects. Chances are, your intentions are only to spread negativity due to cynicism about the crypto community or to try to manipulate people to a viewpoint beneficial to yourself for an otherwise unseen reason, but If you do decide to give the project unbiased consideration, I am here to answer any questions you might have about it or myself.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
why does franko make shit like franko currency and aiden?

Why does someone do anything?

I made Franko to learn, first hand how cryptocurrency operates, and to give people another option with attributes that I found desirable. Franko has a monetary policy based on longevity and scarcity which virtually eliminates most of the early adopter benefits that are so rooted in the crypto currency community. I made ADN, 1 as a tribute to my first born, and two, to stress test the less memory intensive version of scrypt that it uses because I was thinking about adding it into FRK (which I have later decided against).

So that begs the question, why am I making EXP?

Because I have another project ive been working on for about a year called, EXP.life, a gamified micro employment platform that will create immortal profiles/resumes of people that live on a blockchain and there is very little incentive for me to use ETH.

But to answer my very first question, why do I work on crypto projects? 1, to learn (i'm a kinetic learner) and 2, because I can.

if you could make that coin with a less memory intensive (and smaller dag files) version of this algo ,that would be good.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Will see how this starts off and if all looks good I will try to grab a few.
Jump to: