Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Extremecoin (EXC) - MANDATORY UPGRADE VERSION 1.5 (Kimoto Gravity Well) - page 29. (Read 97213 times)

legendary
Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013
ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow
Network Hashrate: 1,004.368 MH/s  ?!?!?

Is this real?!
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Who admin extreme.netcoin.pl?
I cannot withdraw EXC.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer
Google/YouTube
I am also willing to share links and make YouTube videos or anything else.
Google/YouTube
Are there ways to earn this coin without mining, maybe by writing?
Well I still fully support this coin and am still investing my time in future projects too. This has not changed my workload of devotion to Extremecoin.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Its takle a while for the activity to go up, so I will be on 420 for a while.

As for this coin, you either support it or you don't.

This is not about supporting a pool, it is about supporting a coin, that is the main thing here.

Who in this thread is going to continue to support Extremecoin and who, tell me now, is not going to just because one pool owner acts like a self righteous dick?

I have done every that I can to make this coin fair but it seems even that is not good enough.

The point being made is that due to the actions of one pool owner it has cost you support because it cost people a lot of their early and in some cases only investment in the coin. While you too were caught out by this unfairly you also have to accept that this pool was the primary pool linked by you on your coins home page.

For one reason or another existing supporters now might not have the resources to support this coin any more, a lot of slower miners got burnt and cant re-establish themselves with this coin. Also once bitten, twice shy etc...

This is not any kind of attack on you or the coin and not intended as an attack on your ability to make the coin fair. It is just an assessment of the situation we now find ourselves in. I expect support will return in time but right now it's at a low.
Its takle a while for the activity to go up, so I will be on 420 for a while.

As for this coin, you either support it or you don't.

This is not about supporting a pool, it is about supporting a coin, that is the main thing here.

Who in this thread is going to continue to support Extremecoin and who, tell me now, is not going to just because one pool owner acts like a self righteous dick?

I have done every that I can to make this coin fair but it seems even that is not good enough.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
I had 1000 EXT auto-payout on cryptc.me pool, but some EXC on pool left for sure, which is not bothering me a lot, the biggest issue is that this situation obviously destroying the EXC trading and pulling it's price down on exchanges.

Sadly I have also noticed this, since the 'incident' the coin is less traded, less trusted and we have lost some key voices who were promoting this coin and now no longer have the will to do so because all of their coins were stolen.

I have spoken with a few people who have lost interest due to this and lets just say 58230 EXC does not sound like a high enough number. Their main concern is the fact these funds are not trapped in a wallet but just waiting to be dumped by their new owner once this all dies down. I expect it has also damaged our chances of being listed on additional exchanges at least in the short term.

legendary
Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013
ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow
 I had 1000 EXT auto-payout on cryptc.me pool, but some EXC on pool left for sure, which is not bothering me a lot, the biggest issue is that this situation obviously destroying the EXC trading and pulling it's price down on exchanges.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
You love your novels. Pool was up for a month, it wasn't going anywhere. Circumstances change and shit happens, i'm not "reimbursing" people's lost coins they didn't care enough about to setup auto-payout to an exchange or their own wallets. This is unforeseen for everyone, let it go. What's 42,000 on a market rate today? 1.1 BTC? This tragedy lost ~ 1BTC, split between two dozen people. I think i'll sleep okay tonight.

So Lollaskates,

The lost coin tally from your pool now stands at least 58230 EXC - which is 4.2% of the coin mint to date that you've single-handedly vaporized. (and 1.16% of the total scheduled amount of 5M). And the real amount is surely more because not all the miners are following this thread or bothered with a claim.

The reasons you've given not to pay out the miners are self-serving, nonsense. You say:

1) it was their fault for not setting autopay. -- A classic blame the victim. It's a good idea to check your bank statements, too, but that doesn't mean the bank can empty your account if you don't.

2) the amount is just too trivial for your excellency to bother with. -- On the one hand you scoff it's hardly worth anything. And yet you're curiously unwilling to lay out that minor expense, which would make a good name for yourself, plus help the coin and community.

There are guys here out 3 solid weeks of mining, including newbies excited to *finally* get a piece of something, and you can't spend a couple hours and “1.1 BTC” (by your own (lowball) estimate) to make good on it -- and you're sleeping okay??   What's your day job, slipping plaster into the gruel down at the orphanage? 

(Note: actual cost would be 2.4 to 6 BTC, at current exchange prices ranging 0.00004 to 0.0001 for this qty).

The miners just want some or all of their coins. You the operator should make good on them.
Just pick up my tally list, collect the user addresses, and payout. Then you get a thumbs up and 3 cheers.
How hard is that?

If you can't be bothered with the bookkeeping - then just obtain a lump sum on the exchange, 58230 EXC or BTC-equivalent, and send to CaptChadd, me, or some other nominee, and we will undertake to divide it up fairly.

I've made this darn easy for you to Do The Right Thing.

What do you say?
Activity: 170
chad's number of posts never goes above 420

conspiracy Roll Eyes
Activity: 81
Right now I just cannot believe how flippant and how much Lollaskates seems to not care.

He seems to have the "its just happened, so get over it" attitude which I find disgusting, this is other peoples coins/money we are talking about here.

I am never going to have anything to do with Lollaskates after this, his ignore button just got pressed.

Unfortunately there are individuals with no honor.  Saying you're responsible for the mistake as Lollaskates did, but then essentially implying "so what, you shouldn't have trusted me to operate the pool in an appropriate fashion, so it's your own fault and I'm sleeping fine with no guilty feelings for your loss" is not taking responsibility or having any honor.  It's a rather despicable attitude.

But considering what others lost, I was lucky and only lost a few hundred coins.  No big deal.  Ironically I had been taking out coins at 50 coin intervals, but recently decided to be cheap and cut transaction expenses by turning off automatic withdrawals.  Turns out that decision was more expensive  Undecided
Activity: 99
They didn't have any backups?

And that is a big mistake.

And is why all pools have an autopay feature. Having 20,000 coins in any pool is having a lot of faith and trust in that service, I don't even trust the exchanges with that amount of coins.

As it stands there are two other pools, with one of the pools actually run by one of the exchanges, that seems like a safer bet, just please don't store any coins on the exchanges and use the autopay feature.

Stopping supporting Extremecoin just because one pool has shutdown, a pool that I do not run or control, is a little "extreme", I was not the one who lost your coins, I have made this coin as fair as it can be development wise.

Thanks

Yes, I learned my lesson. I'm small time and was able to jump on this coin the day you introduced it. That's really the only way I was able to amass as many coins as I did with the hardware I have. It took me close to 3 weeks to mine about 20,600 coins and now they are all gone and the difficulty is above what I can compete with. I'm still a supporter, but I'm not mining it right now.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
if the coin was theft the price will go down, if the coin was lost the price will go up? or not?

we need someone that buy this coin.... actually no one wanth them Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 67
Lollaskates, in the interest of at least corroborating your story that the coins are lost, not stolen -- will you provide your contact at your service provider (CloudFlare?), and/or what was their incident case number for this issue? It's a pretty major error, accidentally wiping out a customer's entire system - so they have a record and someone, say CaptChadd, could confirm that aspect with them.  No need to post publicly, just PM him the details.

Once again, the primary reason this matters: we're talking a huge fraction of the coins minted to date, (3.8% and counting), and their disposition significantly affects the EXC economy.
Activity: 140
You as well, sorry for the fuck up.

I appreciate it, but it's really no problem. I should have just removed the coins from the pool. I mined them a long time ago and had forgotten about them because they never became very valuable.

Shit happens, but time fixes everything. It would be different if you weren't here explaining what the situation was.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
There is only one problem with this list. If someone out there who wanted to manipulate the total lost/stolen coins, they could PM you, lie and say they had 50,000 coins on the pool for example. You have only their word on this as there is no proof on how many coins were actually on the pool.

We need a list of lost/stolen coins but also proof to back it up.

That's true, though I'm not sure what would constitute proof of mining on a pool, without the operator's own records.  And since the operator is saying they won't even pay, it seems to reduce incentive to invent a claim.   I'll apply some discretion to tracking further claims, only within the next 24 hours or so, and any extra-large ones are implicitly subject to reputation (so “Anonymous” has to be taken with a grain of salt).

If Lollaskates decides to come up with some funds, he can review the time sequence/reputation of posters.

To avoid cluttering this thread, I moved the tally list to: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-extremecoin-cryptcme-stratum-mining-pool-us-2-fees-ddos-protected-276707

For further updates/claims on the pool situation, please post over there.
Don't waste your time, honestly.

I disagree I feel everyone should know what happened here
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
There is only one problem with this list. If someone out there who wanted to manipulate the total lost/stolen coins, they could PM you, lie and say they had 50,000 coins on the pool for example. You have only their word on this as there is no proof on how many coins were actually on the pool.

We need a list of lost/stolen coins but also proof to back it up.

That's true, though I'm not sure what would constitute proof of mining on a pool, without the operator's own records.  And since the operator is saying they won't even pay, it seems to reduce incentive to invent a claim.   I'll apply some discretion to tracking further claims, only within the next 24 hours or so, and any extra-large ones are implicitly subject to reputation (so “Anonymous” has to be taken with a grain of salt).

If Lollaskates decides to come up with some funds, he can review the time sequence/reputation of posters.

To avoid cluttering this thread, I moved the tally list to: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-extremecoin-cryptcme-stratum-mining-pool-us-2-fees-ddos-protected-276707

For further updates/claims on the pool situation, please post over there.
Don't waste your time, honestly.
Pages:
Jump to: