Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 244. (Read 2115876 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

What I find surprising is that there are these problems on Polo (not sure about Bittrex, anyone?) since over 24 hours without them saying anything or "temporarily disable" it if they have to fix something.

Just tried it again:

Activity: 144
Merit: 100
I see the drop in Factoid transactions over the network as well.  There are still transactions happening though, and we are able to move factoids as expected.  It is unclear what is happening on the exchange.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Just checked PoloniBox and it looks like there have been a number of complaints about FCT transaction delays. So this is a "known problem" within the broader community, and appears to have started 24+ hours ago. Which means Factom is certainly aware of the problem, but ... no statement issued so far. Which in turn means one of several things:

—Aliens.

—Factom system is broken and they're trying to figure out what went wrong, how to fix it, and what to say. However this delay in responding to something potentially serious seems unlikely given the integrity Team Factom has shown in the past.

—Paul Snow has decided blockchain tech isn't really his thing any more, and has left to pursue Plan B as a professional water-skier.

—M2 is nigh.  
The problem is, lots of people don't like leaving coins on exchanges.  So if they want to pull coins of the exchange, they have to sell FCT in order to do it.
Activity: 385
Merit: 250
Just checked PoloniBox and it looks like there have been a number of complaints about FCT transaction delays. So this is a "known problem" within the broader community, and appears to have started 24+ hours ago. Which means Factom is certainly aware of the problem, but ... no statement issued so far. Which in turn means one of several things:

—Aliens.

—Factom system is broken and they're trying to figure out what went wrong, how to fix it, and what to say. However this delay in responding to something potentially serious seems unlikely given the integrity Team Factom has shown in the past.

—Paul Snow has decided blockchain tech isn't really his thing anymore, and has left to pursue Plan B as a professional water-skier.

—M2 is nigh.  
legendary
At least it seems as if many seriously want to get rid of XRP.
Big news, price goes up - and it's dumped back down, which I wouldn't have expected.
But we'll see if it goes up again.
Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Funny cause the Ripple company abandoned XRP as the settlement vehicle. XRP is worthless to banks. Good for Ripple,  but nothing changes for XRP. XRP does not equal ripple.

Source? (sorry for off-topic)

http://www.xrpchat.com/topic/763-is-there-a-plan-b-for-xrp/]

Funny cause the Ripple company abandoned XRP as the settlement vehicle. XRP is worthless to banks. Good for Ripple,  but nothing changes for XRP. XRP does not equal ripple.

http://www.xrpchat.com/topic/763-is-there-a-plan-b-for-xrp/
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Activity: 332
Merit: 252
Yes, wish the factom team would chime in.

I withdrew a small amount from polo, which says 'Complete' but doesn't show up in the explorer at all?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
Well, there s always some coin facing 1 day pump. First it was clam, them burst and now ripple. Selling FCT for this, at this stage, does not seem like a smart idea.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
FUD helps noone. Pls wait for the official word for the dev. Factom is a serious company and things should be fixed fast.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Looks like FCT blockchain is having major issue

The price is going down and fast. What's going on at Factom?
Activity: 672
Looks like FCT blockchain is having major issue
Yes. I agree. Now Poloniex is saying: "Temporarily Disabled". That it might be a sign for M2 was more out of the thought that if transactions would generally be working, but no withdrawals and deposits on exchanges, that they maybe already got new software from Factom to be prepared. But that was more loud thinking - or wishful thinking. ;-)

Oh really? I raised my withdrawal with support before, and they said they can't see anything wrong.
Like you said, it could be a sign, but i really have my doubts and polo support made no mention of an m2 switchover happening, it's all a bit strange, i'll send an email to Michael Beam and Brian just in case.

I believe I've made a mistake. It's possible that it was Bitmark with "temporarily disabled". It's right above Factoids in my account ("hide 0 Balances") and it is temporarily disabled while Factom is not. Maybe I had a "kink in my optics" - right after waking up. ;-)

Yea btm disabled

Indeed and explorer shows factoids in blocks as well. Maybe everybody is a bit jumpy for M2 is getting so close

What do you mean "jumpy" ?
Yes. I agree. Now Poloniex is saying: "Temporarily Disabled". That it might be a sign for M2 was more out of the thought that if transactions would generally be working, but no withdrawals and deposits on exchanges, that they maybe already got new software from Factom to be prepared. But that was more loud thinking - or wishful thinking. ;-)

Oh really? I raised my withdrawal with support before, and they said they can't see anything wrong.
Like you said, it could be a sign, but i really have my doubts and polo support made no mention of an m2 switchover happening, it's all a bit strange, i'll send an email to Michael Beam and Brian just in case.

I believe I've made a mistake. It's possible that it was Bitmark with "temporarily disabled". It's right above Factoids in my account ("hide 0 Balances") and it is temporarily disabled while Factom is not. Maybe I had a "kink in my optics" - right after waking up. ;-)

Yea btm disabled

Indeed and explorer shows factoids in blocks as well. Maybe everybody is a bit jumpy for M2 is getting so close
Activity: 31
Merit: 0

Yea btm disabled
legendary

NEW VIDEO: FACTOM @ Austin Chamber of Commerce: https://youtu.be/uHgBC9vYnAk

"The Austin Chamber of Commerce is a private, non-profit, membership-driven organization comprised of 2,700+ business enterprises, civic organizations, educational institutions and individuals. Its mission is to provide leadership that facilitates the creation of a prosperous regional economy and effective advocacy for its members."
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Only a fool worries over what he can’t control.

FACTOMS twitter background has changed over the last 24 hrs....hmm. A clue?

I think it's getting close

Having polo properly look at the issue with my withdrawal not processing, they really need to prove its not on their end first
Jump to: