Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 441. (Read 2115876 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
can we have a step by step guide on windows wallet how to?
 Embarrassed

This would be great.  I'd give a little tip to someone to create it if the team doesn't have time.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
What is the total number of Factoids in existence currently?
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
can we have a step by step guide on windows wallet how to?
 Embarrassed
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
We are pleased to announce our new app binary which makes it easy to check your Factoid Balance using the Factom Explorer.
Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Dear Factom Team,

for windows users: Do I have to run other services before starting the keymaker or is this a stand alone tool?

After using the keymaker tool I would like to move the factoids to other wallets to ensure that I'm the only one who knows the passphrase. How can I do this an a windows machine (generating a new address/wallet and transfer factoids from one address to an other)?

Thanks for your efforts, you are doing great work!

The Keymaker only allows you to generate a Factoid address from your Koinify passphrase and using the Factom Explorer to see its balance.
To transfer Factoids around you need the software currently on GitHub which also contains a wallet. It is command line for the moment.

As Paul Snow mentioned above it shouldn't be much longer until we have an easier to use version of the wallet.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Factom is the mathematical area to prove the existence of digital data. In this spirit, we have chosen the integral with double stroke to represent our software licence. “⨎” is a mathematical symbol for integral and it’s great that it looks like a little “f” for Factoid.

So is this the currency symbol for Factoids then?

Very cool  Grin
Activity: 126

Exchange integration is now our big effort, along with getting a GUI wallet released.   This is all coming together over the next few weeks.

Paul Snow

Great!  Thank you for the hard work Paul!

Please keep up updated on the progress of GUI wallet and please have binaries for Window/Linux/Mac available as well when wallet is released.

Cheers
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
We are pleased to announce our new app binary which makes it easy to check your Factoid Balance using the Factom Explorer.

Dear Factom Team,

for windows users: Do I have to run other services before starting the keymaker or is this a stand alone tool?

After using the keymaker tool I would like to move the factoids to other wallets to ensure that I'm the only one who knows the passphrase. How can I do this an a windows machine (generating a new address/wallet and transfer factoids from one address to an other)?

Thanks for your efforts, you are doing great work!

legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Angel investor.
We have a quick app that we will release tomorrow that you can simply download and convert your 12 words into a factoid address.  Then you can put the factoid address into the Factom Explorer and see your balance.

The Factom CLI (the command line wallet) will  then let you create and send factoid transactions.

Exchange integration is now our big effort, along with getting a GUI wallet released.   This is all coming together over the next few weeks.

Paul Snow

Has Factom CLI been released?  How to get factoid saved in koinify and make transactions?

Factom CLI is out and available on our GitHub and there is a new Factom Keymaker app to check your Factoid Balance.

We are hard at work to deliver easier to use tools. Won't be long.

Is Factom CLI for windows available?

I checked it, it works, but it seems there is no way to transfer Factoids yet.
Activity: 408
We have a quick app that we will release tomorrow that you can simply download and convert your 12 words into a factoid address.  Then you can put the factoid address into the Factom Explorer and see your balance.

The Factom CLI (the command line wallet) will  then let you create and send factoid transactions.

Exchange integration is now our big effort, along with getting a GUI wallet released.   This is all coming together over the next few weeks.

Paul Snow

Has Factom CLI been released?  How to get factoid saved in koinify and make transactions?

Factom CLI is out and available on our GitHub and there is a new Factom Keymaker app to check your Factoid Balance.

Is Factom CLI for windows available?
Activity: 63
So has the Factom blockchain launched yet? It is possible to buy Factoids publicly yet?

Depending on where you live, you can buy factoids and entry credits at www.dcxtx.com

We currently serve 14 states

We are expanding coverage by state.  If you are not in one of our states, let us know where you are.  State specific interest in our service lets us apply effort where it is most wanted.

You will still need a wallet.  The factom wallet on github does work.  That is how we have it available.

Paul Snow

We have heard your feedback and are hard at work to make using Factoids and Entry Credits as easy as possible.
Stay tuned for more exciting news.  Grin

For more info check our blog: http://blog.factom.org/post/128341996104/technical-update-factom-launches-new-app
Activity: 408
We have a quick app that we will release tomorrow that you can simply download and convert your 12 words into a factoid address.  Then you can put the factoid address into the Factom Explorer and see your balance.

The Factom CLI (the command line wallet) will  then let you create and send factoid transactions.

Exchange integration is now our big effort, along with getting a GUI wallet released.   This is all coming together over the next few weeks.

Paul Snow

Has Factom CLI been released?  How to get factoid saved in koinify and make transactions?
So has the Factom blockchain launched yet? It is possible to buy Factoids publicly yet?

The genesis has launched, Factoids will be available on exchanges when they get their software up to date with the latest version and of course if they want to support Factoids.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Activity: 123
@DEV
You guys can contact with Paul Downey, Factom is one solution for them.

UK Government Exploring Use of Blockchain Recordkeeping

http://www.coindesk.com/uk-government-exploring-use-of-blockchain-recordkeeping/
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Quote from: jman887854 on September 02, 2015, 02:32:39 PM
Yeah I show no balance either. "21603 Confirmations Balance = 0.000000"

I logged in several weeks ago and my balance was there.  Since it isn't just you I wouldnt be too worried.
Same here.

Same here. The problem was solved after pressing ALT + F5 (after signing in). Now my balance is showing up correct.
Activity: 269
We have a quick app that we will release tomorrow that you can simply download and convert your 12 words into a factoid address.  Then you can put the factoid address into the Factom Explorer and see your balance.

The Factom CLI (the command line wallet) will  then let you create and send factoid transactions.

Paul Snow

Is there a Windows version, many guys are only familiar with Windows.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Paul Snow

Thanks for the update.  Great work guys.
Activity: 183

Paul Snow
Jump to: