Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Fantom | CPU Mineable | DarkSend | Masternode | Tor+I2P | sMP Releasing Sn - page 10. (Read 77888 times)

legendary
Activity: 1559
Merit: 1001
Epic Private Internet Cash
Can anyone give a help ? I made a deposit of 12300 Fantom in C- cex , however , so far not appeared on my balance , even after 900+ confirmations .
This amount was sent at 7 this morning . What can I do to solve this problem Huh
 Here is a picture of the wallet.

https://scontent-gru1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/12309807_834296836687347_5964895641645157507_o.jpg

Did you check the transaction ID in BE?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
A coin that will embody the spirit of decentralization and fair distribution that was originally the idea of Satoshi himsel, I have to add.
If you look at the graphs on blocktree.io then it becomes apparent that the block time is more closely to 15 seconds on average - about 5700 blocks per day, which ends up being around 9000-12000 FNX minted per day. So, a block time change to 90 seconds will actually reduce newly minted coins to 1500-2000 FNX per day. Combine that with the cut masternodes will take from those rewards and a more robust algorithm to push back against GPU-closed-sourcers and then you'll have your rare commodity because demand will increase as well.

AND once privacy features are implemented, this may be one of the most well rounded and technologically advanced coins in crypto.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
How much is the pow reward now?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Okay, that was a proposal - only I didn't frame it right
What about masternodes, tor, and I2P? And what is "sMP" anyway?

What will masternode rewards be? if a masternode is 512 FNX, then wouldn't you'd like to have hundreds, if not thousands? Small masternodes, combined with mainly solo CPU wallet mining and wallet PoS are ingredients for an excellently decentralized network which would then grow in number and in value by virtue of masternode creation: an extra node securring the blockchain and less supply available to buy puting an upwards pressure on price. You don;t need to artificially eliminate a glut in the market when the answer is in the title of your ANN all along!

Furthermore, if it is the rate of inflation that worries you, then proposals you have already made and said you were working on would vastly decrease inflation. If you hardened the PoW algorithm like you mentioned, then it would inevitably lead to less PoW blocks being found - especially if you made block times 90 seconds instead of 28 (again, like you had said)! Continue with these plans. You know that it will make this coin great! Keep innovating. Don't reduce this coin down to some rare commodity for traders to play with. Fuck that shit. Keep this coin as legit as it's damn well been since block one!
Activity: 635
The next release will be shifting decimal digits by 2 therefore making the coin scarce.

So, 100000 FNX becomes 1000 FNX So 1,000,000 becometh 10,000

Dev, it looks that you are trying to make from a great potential coin to 1 satoshi sheet. Stupid ideas about coin swap
and shifting decimal digits. Maybe update the OP and wallet with right ticker to start?
The next release will be shifting decimal digits by 2 therefore making the coin scarce.

Can you elaborate on this one? I mean what are the advantages of such a move? I can see nothing but complications.

Yea, I don't think that would be a good idea either. The coin already has a low supply and inflation has quickly halted. If inflation is your worry, then make the block times 90 seconds or cut the POW rewards. Cutting the supply by orders of magnitude is not an equitable way to solve a problem (that isn't even there..) So, this is a joke then, right? lol

Seriously, you should just carry on with what the plan was before. You are now essentially punishing your early adopters and those who have also put BTC into the coin. Low supply and slick marketing is not the key to success with a coin. Technology and innovation are. You're listening to that Cube guy in the ccex trollbox too much. Yes, that must be it.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
I propose a logo contest, to be honest I do support this coin but I dont like the logo.

Here's what i did for fun.

Best logo winner in 1985...

Activity: 240
I propose a logo contest, to be honest I do support this coin but I dont like the logo.

Here's what i did for fun.

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

Can you elaborate on this one? I mean what are the advantages of such a move? I can see nothing but complications.

dont cut decimals, or make new coin to swap or something similar....
G3rszpi is right, it will just cause more complications and nothing good.

Fantom is young coin and he need time to grow...
Activity: 728

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Activity: 240
This is to inform that to use Birthday Hash Collisions, the block has to be entirely restructured (a.k.a. When validating, invalidating the previous blocks thus holding the client useless to validate older blocks).

A Swap may be imminent, what is your say if a swap were to take place

Could be a lot of work for little gain. Pool operators can just make a miner and put up another pool. Then all that work is for nothing. I think one month of wallet mining is fine. Pools are the next evolution, then GPU miners, then ASICS. Well.. that depends on what this coin does. If it replaces DASH then yes those things will likely happen and its a good thing they they are happening...

Mining with FreeTrade's algo (Memory Coin) isn't going to be better its going to be worse. Only high end PCS with a lot of memory will get blocks.

You're missing the point of a CPU mineable coin. This is a coin that should be able to be mined by a regular laptop. We don't want GPU miners hogging the hash and dumping and ASICs are ridiculously wasteful. Yes, bitcoin and litecoin are becoming very large contributes to global warming. CPU mineable algorithms are the future. It ensures decentralization by making solo mining, not only a possibility, but required. This is what Satoshi had originally envisioned.

So instead of GPU miners and ASIC miners dumping we have CPU miners dumping. It doesn't matter what type of hash or how much you throw at a coin there is still the same amount of coins are produced.

The only reason this coin is still CPU mineable is because of its value. No other reason. If the value soars GPU miners will be made. If the algo changes GPU miners will be made, so long as constantly changing the algo doesn't crash the price. This is progress of a bitcoin fork. Its how all the coins that have attained any value have behaved so far. I don't expect this one to behave any differently.

I know what you guys are trying to attain here and I agree with it. I just don't think its possible. So instead of fighting it we should embrace it.

It is about making it accessible to the average person with an average modern CPU to be able to create their own coin. Most people do not have high end GPUs and certainly not ASICs. The more immediate and glaring problem is that of energy consumption. If this is to be the model we base our future monetary policy on (PoW, PoS, etc.), then energy efficiency should be of utmost concern. Bitcoin and Litecoin ASIC miners are costing the environment much more than they are even worth, but then again this goes to the ever-present problem of our profit driven addiction to fossil fuel electricity generation. If an ASIC came with a solar panel instead of a PSU, then I'd be all for it. But they are wasteful and will ultimately be replaced.

The term is GPU/ASIC-resistant, not proof. The job of the currency developers is to stay one step ahead of technology that uses energy inefficiently to produce cryptocurrencies. I liken it to the battle between counterfeiters and currency minters/printers. It is a never ending struggle of innovation and technological improvement. And I think that is what Fantom and the Velvet algorithm is all about. That is why I support this coin.
I just want to put this out there, this coin is still CPU mineable and you can still solo. I am doing it right now on two PCs and finding several blocks a day.

Yea, I am solo mining like 40-60 a day on a 2core laptop from 2008. CPU mining FTW.

Oh and the price right now does not mean anything. Let the profit driven miners and impatient traders keep dumping their coins to me so i can stake an hodl. I have faith in DuckYeah!. Like he said we will see in December and I'm sure we will all be pleased.
legendary
Anybody hear about SteakCloud? http://steakcloud.com/

If ST support Fantom, price will raise every day.

You mine other coins with GPU and request
withdrawal in FNX. Steakcloud must buy Fantom everyday on
exchanges to pay users.
legendary
people keep voting help fantom to get listed over bittrex.

Can you vote at bittrex? I sent them a few coin request and get boilerplate emails back every time.

There is no option to vote on Bittrex!

wow fantom has greater community.
here, voting mean promoting..
if community promote coin in social networking then this will force exchangers to have a look and think.

comunity is aware and this is good sign.

keep it up guys.

You are right. I will tweet every day to Bittrex and other
exchanges and ask about FNX listing.

I suggest everyone with twitter account to do this
Pages:
Jump to: