Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Fantom | CPU Mineable | DarkSend | Masternode | Tor+I2P | sMP Releasing Sn - page 11. (Read 77842 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
I just want to put this out there, this coin is still CPU mineable and you can still solo. I am doing it right now on two PCs and finding several blocks a day.
legendary
This is to inform that to use Birthday Hash Collisions, the block has to be entirely restructured (a.k.a. When validating, invalidating the previous blocks thus holding the client useless to validate older blocks).

A Swap may be imminent, what is your say if a swap were to take place

Could be a lot of work for little gain. Pool operators can just make a miner and put up another pool. Then all that work is for nothing. I think one month of wallet mining is fine. Pools are the next evolution, then GPU miners, then ASICS. Well.. that depends on what this coin does. If it replaces DASH then yes those things will likely happen and its a good thing they they are happening...

Mining with FreeTrade's algo (Memory Coin) isn't going to be better its going to be worse. Only high end PCS with a lot of memory will get blocks.

You're missing the point of a CPU mineable coin. This is a coin that should be able to be mined by a regular laptop. We don't want GPU miners hogging the hash and dumping and ASICs are ridiculously wasteful. Yes, bitcoin and litecoin are becoming very large contributes to global warming. CPU mineable algorithms are the future. It ensures decentralization by making solo mining, not only a possibility, but required. This is what Satoshi had originally envisioned.

So instead of GPU miners and ASIC miners dumping we have CPU miners dumping. It doesn't matter what type of hash or how much you throw at a coin there is still the same amount of coins are produced.

The only reason this coin is still CPU mineable is because of its value. No other reason. If the value soars GPU miners will be made. If the algo changes GPU miners will be made, so long as constantly changing the algo doesn't crash the price. This is progress of a bitcoin fork. Its how all the coins that have attained any value have behaved so far. I don't expect this one to behave any differently.

I know what you guys are trying to attain here and I agree with it. I just don't think its possible. So instead of fighting it we should embrace it.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Well, then no BDay Hash Collisions, no swap, features coming the first week of Dec
Activity: 374
Merit: 250
This is to inform that to use Birthday Hash Collisions, the block has to be entirely restructured (a.k.a. When validating, invalidating the previous blocks thus holding the client useless to validate older blocks).

Could be a lot of work for little gain. Pool operators can just make a miner and put up another pool. Then all that work is for nothing. I think one month of wallet mining is fine. Pools are the next evolution, then GPU miners, then ASICS. Well.. that depends on what this coin does. If it replaces DASH then yes those things will likely happen and its a good thing they they are happening...

Mining with FreeTrade's algo (Memory Coin) isn't going to be better its going to be worse. Only high end PCS with a lot of memory will get blocks.

yes! i respect your views...i will have a look and see what can happen?. if there is solution to this problem(high end pc s only geting mining reward) ..then discus with dev.
Well , it seem pos maybe solution. so ; we (the community) may request dev to increase pos reward in funtur. maybe.
people keep voting help fantom to get listed over bittrex.

Can you vote at bittrex? I sent them a few coin request and get boilerplate emails back every time.

There is no option to vote on Bittrex!

wow fantom has greater community.
here, voting mean promoting..
if community promote coin in social networking then this will force exchangers to have a look and think.

comunity is aware and this is good sign.

keep it up guys.
Activity: 476

You're missing the point of a CPU mineable coin. This is a coin that should be able to be mined by a regular laptop. We don't want GPU miners hogging the hash and dumping and ASICs are ridiculously wasteful. Yes, bitcoin and litecoin are becoming very large contributes to global warming. CPU mineable algorithms are the future. It ensures decentralization by making solo mining, not only a possibility, but required. This is what Satoshi had originally envisioned.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

Can you vote at bittrex? I sent them a few coin request and get boilerplate emails back every time.

There is no option to vote on Bittrex!

Activity: 1032
Merit: 502
The dev of this coin has very unserious name.
Make sure to check your wallet.  I just so happened to not check my client for a day and happened to be on the same fork that quantum went on.  There were at least 3 other solid connections on the same fork....

Yea I had a few other connections on that fork, so be vigilant. Exit and restart your wallet every now and then just to be safe or check with the block explorers to see if the block height matches.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Make sure to check your wallet.  I just so happened to not check my client for a day and happened to be on the same fork that quantum went on.  There were at least 3 other solid connections on the same fork....
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
I2P works, but there need to be peers
Is I2P active? Will it work if I activate it in the wallet?

Edit: Or will I2P and Tor be operational for the Jelly Head release?

Would a swap be necessary? Couldn't you just release a mandatory wallet update that forks the code with the upgraded algorithm? It might be easier and less messy than a swap.

Well, a block has x amount of elements, now the new design makes it x+y (z) so when it has to verify blocks with design x, it will try with z being the factor and x doesn't equal z , therefore invalidating blocks. I said I will try to avoid swap because of the stuff and work involved, but I am trying to avoid this problem

I guess I see your point. Whatever solution is best for the coin, the network, the stakeholders, and the community is what we should pursue.

Would a swap be necessary? Couldn't you just release a mandatory wallet update that forks the code with the upgraded algorithm? It might be easier and less messy than a swap.

Well, a block has x amount of elements, now the new design makes it x+y (z) so when it has to verify blocks with design x, it will try with z being the factor and x doesn't equal z , therefore invalidating blocks. I said I will try to avoid swap because of the stuff and work involved, but I am trying to avoid this problem

swap is not neccessary....please...update wallet .
Pages:
Jump to: