Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS) - New Dev team: Fedoracoin Foundation - page 59. (Read 111169 times)

Activity: 213
Merit: 100
Waiting for the day when Bter goes new blockchain. Until then keep buying rediculous cheap novatips
I will be totally surprised if BTER ever does that. There are 2 addresses on the original blockchain that hold millions of dollars of tips (20-40%) whose owners could exert considerable influence and who have much to lose(major devaluation) by going to a new blockchain. The question could be asked; would it be smart to have this much power in the hands of so few on the new blockchain!?
So this 2.0 wallet is still POW? then what it really updating? sorry I may miss the discussion

I am wondering what's the last block of POW of the new updated wallet? and when it will enter poS? Once it in POS there will be no miner needed to push the network right?

There will be no POS in the current wallet. It was discussed at some point but was then turned down in favour of pure POW. The new wallet has the same reward schedule as the old.

IMHO, Truckcoin....

Really? Did someone here advertise TIPS in your forum?

No, not to my knowledge. It wasn't a random spam though but a response. Many people were expecting/wishing/wanting tips to go pos. That seems not to be presently happening. TRK is good pos coin, so just a referral. I am a person that does not mind, when posters who respond to questions and give honest and helpful feedback to the tips community, which I think I have done, promote something they think is a good investment. But I also respect and appreciate you giving me your mind on the matter.
Activity: 173
Waiting for the day when Bter goes new blockchain. Until then keep buying rediculous cheap novatips
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84
So this 2.0 wallet is still POW? then what it really updating? sorry I may miss the discussion

I am wondering what's the last block of POW of the new updated wallet? and when it will enter poS? Once it in POS there will be no miner needed to push the network right?

There will be no POS in the current wallet. It was discussed at some point but was then turned down in favour of pure POW. The new wallet has the same reward schedule as the old.

IMHO, Truckcoin....

Really? Did someone here advertise TIPS in your forum?

IMHO, Truckcoin is one of the most solid high interest pos coins out there if anyone is looking for one.
Truckcoin Pure PoS 200% per year Bittrex Still going strong since June 3rd, 2014 !!

legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1608
精神分析的爸

From OP:

Q: Why a wallet-update that is causing a fork?
A: At some point in the recent past an attacker started to orphanize every and all blocks of all other TIPS miners.
The attacker was seemingly able to deliberatly orphanize any block or group of blocks he wished and claim them for himself.
Ahmed aka mrbodz kindly provided a new wallet source based on latest Feathercoin sources that uses ACP,
advanced checkpointing which counters this possible attack vector. Actually the new wallet would use the same blockchain as before,
but would refuse to accept series of blocks that orphanize large numbers of previous (honestly) mined blocks.
So as soon as the first attack started the new and improved wallet forked and stuck to the blocks of honest miners.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

legendary
精神分析的爸

legendary
精神分析的爸
Is bter changing to the new blockchain near or mid term? Anyone? If so I would buy them all over at nova... Kiss
Highly unlikely. You can now send into and withdraw out Tips from your BTER Tips wallet, an action that was blocked previously. Tips is trending on BTER and it looks like a long upward move possibly past the highs of last year (.00000910)ltc
I think its best to treat these two tips blockchains as two separate opportunities. Buying in early at Nova could reap big rewards in a year or so.

Ok, totally confused. I have original (2014) TIPS and a fully synced Wallet. Which exchanges support this version? Is this the "accepted" version that will, hopefully, increase in value? Is this the version on Bter?

We have updated the OP with an FAQ some time ago, I think it might answer most of the questions regarding on which blockchain your TIPS exist.

TL;DR: If you use the old wallet, Bter is your exchange.

Ok. I thought I had updated and that is correct, I'm on the version 2.0.0 wallet. So, according to the OP that make me current and on the correct chain I believe?

So many coins, so little time!  Grin

If you updated, you are on the new chain and Novaexchange is the place for you. There is a twist for all that updated:
All coins you had before the fork occured can be spent on both chains.
So if you setup the old wallet in a different dir with your original wallet.dat and let it sync, you can spend your old TIPS on Bter without having them spent on the new chain.
Activity: 12
Is bter changing to the new blockchain near or mid term? Anyone? If so I would buy them all over at nova... Kiss
Highly unlikely. You can now send into and withdraw out Tips from your BTER Tips wallet, an action that was blocked previously. Tips is trending on BTER and it looks like a long upward move possibly past the highs of last year (.00000910)ltc
I think its best to treat these two tips blockchains as two separate opportunities. Buying in early at Nova could reap big rewards in a year or so.

Ok, totally confused. I have original (2014) TIPS and a fully synced Wallet. Which exchanges support this version? Is this the "accepted" version that will, hopefully, increase in value? Is this the version on Bter?

We have updated the OP with an FAQ some time ago, I think it might answer most of the questions regarding on which blockchain your TIPS exist.

Ok. I thought I had updated and that is correct, I'm on the version 2.0.0 wallet. So, according to the OP that make me current and on the correct chain I believe?

So many coins, so little time!  Grin
Both old nd new TIPS could be a great opportunity! I keep adding cheap tips on nova and at the same time mining highly profitable old bter tips ;-) looking for a xxxfold on nova and a xfold on bter
There ya go. Smart move.
Both old nd new TIPS could be a great opportunity! I keep adding cheap tips on nova and at the same time mining highly profitable old bter tips ;-) looking for a xxxfold on nova and a xfold on bter
legendary
精神分析的爸

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
What's the reason made fedoracoin tips revival? It was dead in 2014-2015, but it is big again.

Activity: 11
I am in the process to create a mining pool for TIPS. Does anyone have any suggestion on what the front and back end should be for best results?

Thanks
Bter tips...
Are you sure you sent bter tips to bter? Bter tips are different from new tips. If you send new tips to bter they are lost. Unfortunately it happened to me as well  Angry
Pages:
Jump to: