Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FlappyCoin - PoS Released - 6/29 - Need Counterparty Fork - 4btc - page 9. (Read 41356 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
CryptoID now giving "failed to obtain transaction data" errors.

where? and is anyone currently having any problems since that last commit merge?
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
CryptoID now giving "failed to obtain transaction data" errors.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
..., well, then you have probably not understand the concept and advantage of POS over POW. The change from POW to POS was discussed and I think that was the right way for Flappy after the moving history.

Well that is pretty sad. POS is a waste of time. No wonder the block chain seems frozen all the time.
Activity: 366
Merit: 260
POS is a waste of time.

U MAD AT POS BRO?   Cry

No not mad, I don't believe that ANY pos coin will be viable in the long or medium or short run. I don't believe POS is an idea that will work. The rewards are so incredibly minimal that it's pointless to bother. POW is the only concept in this business outside con game speculation that is producing profits, and even that may not have any future.

I'm sorry that you feel that way.

My belief is that there is value in PoS that requires looking well beyond the current state and limitations of cryptocurrencies. I can't make you see that though.
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
POS is a waste of time.

U MAD AT POS BRO?   Cry

No not mad, I don't believe that ANY pos coin will be viable in the long or medium or short run. I don't believe POS is an idea that will work. The rewards are so incredibly minimal that it's pointless to bother. POW is the only concept in this business outside con game speculation that is producing profits, and even that may not have any future.
Well that is pretty sad. POS is a waste of time. No wonder the block chain seems frozen all the time.
So it can't be mine anymore is that correct?
Mining has been disabled in the wallet?

Correct. After block 700k the official coin became PoS only.
So it can't be mine anymore is that correct?
Mining has been disabled in the wallet?
The coin went through a hostile take over in November 2014 by me. We moved to PoS code about 2 months ago and working through some bugs, but currently the wallets stake, assuming there are stakeble transactions in the wallet.

Coinking is likely on a fork if they are still mining. I tried to contact them with no response, so let them have their useless fork if they want. I wont be building infrastructure for that fork like I will with this PoS fork.

Cryptsy wallet has been in maintenance mode since we moved to PoS, probably because we've had bugs. Once all those are sorted I would assume they will upgrade their wallets. I know there are lots of people who have lots of coins on there, including my self.

I've been devoting most of my time to Jalapeno, which will essentially be the company building the infrastructure that will be will using Flappycoin and the upcoming counterparty fork and open assets implementation for Flappycoin. We have HUGE plans for crypto, and right now its about working through all the details and finalizing the full business plan while building our MVP.

Stay tuned. Nothing happens overnight and this is no small project.

So just what is the story with this coin?
Is it POS only now, or can it still be mined?
Was there something done to the new wallet to stop solo mining?

Some answers would be nice. I know people are still pool mining it on CoinKing and I am pretty sure that is a fork as new blocks are thousands of blocks behind where the current wallet is in block height. Those people are probably not going to be able to collect on the coins they are mining. I see Cryptsy still has their wallet offline.

Looks to me like this coin has been neutered, or maybe someone could shed some light on the situation.
I am a Mac user but I do not understand what you mean  Undecided We are currently on version V4.0.2.1.

Are Mac 7.0.2.1 clients showing up as 7.0.2 clients on CryptoID?  Can any Mac users confirm?

While running the client go to menu:  Flappycoin-Qt/About Flappycoin-Qt.  Confirm you are on 4.0.2.1.

Now go to:  https://chainz.cryptoid.info/flap/#!network

Click node list next to the 4.0.2.1 sub-version.  Do you see your IP?  If not, check 4.0.2 node list.  Do you see your IP?

I believe it could take up to 24 hours of your client running before it shows up on CryptoID.

This issue could explain the recent jump in 4.0.2 clients?  Mac 4.0.2.1 is really 4.0.2?
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
I am a Mac user but I do not understand what you mean  Undecided We are currently on version V4.0.2.1.

Are Mac 7.0.2.1 clients showing up as 7.0.2 clients on CryptoID?  Can any Mac users confirm?
Are Mac 7.0.2.1 clients showing up as 7.0.2 clients on CryptoID?  Can any Mac users confirm?
Yes I am. v4.0.2.1-Flappy-Final.

It appears that last block mined was 9 hours ago and yes it is 742617.
Here's the problem, there is a pool out there that is pool mining and they show block heights of 734735 which is a block found 20 minutes ago. That's 8000 lower than the wallet is showing. I suspect no one can mine Flappy right now and that is why it is frozen and they are pool mining a fork.

I have tried solo mining to get the chain moving again with no luck, beginning to wonder if they changed the port numbers. (p.s. I do know how to solo mine - I have many coins setup for that).

This is a real mess here.
Still can't sync the wallet stuck at 3 hours behind. What gives? Is this coin operative?

Flap nap at block 742617
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/flap/#

Are you on the most up to date wallet, ver. 4.0.2.1?  Looks like some on the network still need to upgrade...
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/flap/#!network
And then another node showed up and resumed the download and I'm now stuck at two hours short.
I highly suspect that forking is going on, probably unintended forking. I am seeing block heights from a mining pool that are lower than the current number of blocks. Was this coin forked with the new wallet, what the HEDOUBLEHOCKEYSTICKS is going on here?

What a mess.
So I decide to delete all the block data and re-download it all, and now I am stuck at 10 days behind instead of 3 hours. I suspect there are bad nodes out there maybe without of date wallets that are also stuck. This needs to get cleared or this coin is finished.
Still can't sync the wallet stuck at 3 hours behind. What gives? Is this coin operative?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I mined it 1.5 years ago .... at that time there was no buyers so i deleted my wallet .... didn't think one day it reach to 40 Litoshi ..... almost 80,000,000 ......sadly
Pages:
Jump to: