Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FlappyCoin - PoS Released - 6/29 - Need Counterparty Fork - 4btc - page 4. (Read 41356 times)

Activity: 316
Merit: 250
a question: POS works even when the wallet is encrypted ??
you have to unlock it before it can stake

how unlock???
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
you have to unlock it before it can stake
Activity: 316
Merit: 250
legendary
im going to have to see how the wallet looks at and handles fixing its chain to the best chain possible, will get back to you
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003
https://cryptodatabase.net
My wallet is stuck staking at block 702358.

Several restarts with no effect.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
So, it would appear that the block explorer https://chainz.cryptoid.info/flap/ is stuck on block 702293 at the moment?
legendary
something i noticed. one of my wallets got stuck on block 702296 for a while. i restarted the wallet and it caught back up to the chain. so if you see that. just reboot the wallet
legendary
the previous version didnt require that either. but no you dont have to do it with this version.

This is what I am referring to,

Correct, only 4.0+ transactions are currently being recognized by the PoS miner.

In order for the coins to stake you had to send them out and send them back to your wallet in order for the wallet to pick it up as older transactions would not stake at all.

Almost all of my transactions are pre-4.0

no no. its all transactions now. not pre 4.0

Ok great, thanks for clarifying this.
legendary
the previous version didnt require that either. but no you dont have to do it with this version.

Correct, only 4.0+ transactions are currently being recognized by the PoS miner.

In order for the coins to stake you had to send them out and send them back to your wallet in order for the wallet to pick it up as older transactions would not stake at all.

no no. its all transactions now. not pre 4.0
legendary

Activity: 651
Merit: 518
The number of (alt)coins that come out everyday never ceases to amaze me.

True but the list of dead ones is more impressive!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12778170
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9092864
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
The number of (alt)coins that come out everyday never ceases to amaze me.
legendary
Looks like the network is getting a bit more active, between having (seemingly) more people involved and the splitting Griffith was talking about, the block time is starting to look a lot better.

splitting is a key factor in all PoS, since there is no proof-of-work mining to ensure a new block comes out every X minutes, the transactions that stake need to split to ensure that there is always a transaction available to stake for a block.

If coins have been sitting in a wallet for months do they need to be moved to another address to start staking or will they just start staking how they are?

if you are running the wallet version 4.0.3.0 then they will just stake. you dont need to move them to another address. idk if by wallet you mean application version or wallet.dat file

The previous wallet version it was required to move your coins out and move them back in for them to start staking. By wallet I mean the program you open to view and process transactions with.

The wallet.dat file itself is just a data file and is what the wallet reads from.

legendary
Looks like the network is getting a bit more active, between having (seemingly) more people involved and the splitting Griffith was talking about, the block time is starting to look a lot better.

splitting is a key factor in all PoS, since there is no proof-of-work mining to ensure a new block comes out every X minutes, the transactions that stake need to split to ensure that there is always a transaction available to stake for a block.

If coins have been sitting in a wallet for months do they need to be moved to another address to start staking or will they just start staking how they are?

if you are running the wallet version 4.0.3.0 then they will just stake. you dont need to move them to another address. idk if by wallet you mean application version or wallet.dat file

The previous wallet version it was required to move your coins out and move them back in for them to start staking. By wallet I mean the program you open to view and process transactions with.

The wallet.dat file itself is just a data file and is what the wallet reads from.
legendary

legendary

legendary

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Activity: 24
Merit: 0

Nope, just the wallet.dat (and the logs and peers.dat).  There's a .lock file dated 7/2 though...

I do have wallet backups taken before the last 3 updates. Perhaps there's an issue with the most recent one. I had 4.0.2 running often (and staked quite a bit) since roughly 8/14/2015...

Perhaps I should try the wallet.dat from 7/2?

try the oldest one.

That seems to have worked, waiting on the 2 hour blockchain catchup. Sent 5 FLAP to menlatin, no confirmations yet...

edit: All good now Smiley
legendary

Nope, just the wallet.dat (and the logs and peers.dat).  There's a .lock file dated 7/2 though...

I do have wallet backups taken before the last 3 updates. Perhaps there's an issue with the most recent one. I had 4.0.2 running often (and staked quite a bit) since roughly 8/14/2015...

Perhaps I should try the wallet.dat from 7/2?

try the oldest one.
Pages:
Jump to: