Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Moonlander 2: The Most Powerful and Efficient USB Stick Miner! - page 25. (Read 82994 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 118
This will be so much fun to play with
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
Guys, There are Moonlanders 2 currently available for Pre-Order in Eyeboot's Website!
RUN!

SHHH I haven't made an official announcement yet :p
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Guys, There are Moonlanders 2 currently available for Pre-Order in Eyeboot's Website!
RUN!
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Can i mine  with moonlander   bfgminer  and    five gpu with  claymore  or nicehash  in same  time?
Activity: 423
Merit: 118
Are this hardware available in south asia ? I want to try this and it's quite interesting. And what coin can be mined with this hardware ?
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
great work done jstefanop! thanks for all your time and effort you put in this miner (and the software): respect!
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
@jstefanop

just curious if you'll compile both a 32bit and 64bit?
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
Super duper, push those babies  Grin
I think now is good time to purchase a 2A/port USB hub.

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 3199
Cant wait to get this little Beasts  !!!!!  Smiley
Activity: 9
Is there anyway of getting these in the UK?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
Quick update for you guys!

So finally got ASIC ship date from packager. They are expected to be delivered to me on the 30th (there was about a 1 week delay due to the Chinese holiday all week last week). Production and shipments will start the week of the 30th, and I expect the full batch to be shipped out by mid november.

Since I decided to include a fan with these, I reworked the thermal design for it around the fan. There is no point in including a large passive heatsink with a fan, so am now including a pin type heatsink designed for fan induction airflow. This has done wonders for efficiency and max these can be pushed. Looking at about a 10c reduction in temperatures for all frequency ranges, and allows a max clock of nearly 1GHz (I was going to cap the clocks at about 800mhz with the old heatsink). This allows for a hashrate of nearly 6MH per miner (even though I would not recommend running it past 800mhz for stability/longevity)!

Below is a pic of the new thermal design...its only 20mm thick from base of PCB to top of fan, and the whole thing is 10mm shorter due to the fan not being stuck in the back.

Here is a pic of me trying to make the voltage regulator blow up...after nearly 3 days it was still going Cheesy (that was running on a hub controlled by an original Rasberry Pi btw)

Windows binaries are also done, as well as Pi 1/Zero, and Pi 2/3. I will be posting instructions and driver links probably next week for you guys to download and making sure the software runs on your systems (so these will run on Windows/Mac/Linux/armv6/and armv7/8 systems).

Were just a few weeks away and can't wait for you guys to get your hands on these!
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
The final design has been locked in for production next month, and I'm happy to reveal it you all! PCB is a cool matte black design, with the same anodized black aluminum heatsink as the original moonlander. I decided to include both memory voltage adjustment in addition to core voltage, as my tests had an efficiency gain of 10-20% for ASICs that can handle lower memory voltage!

As a super thank you to all who pre-ordered I decided to include a 25mm fan into the cooling solution as well, so no need to come up with clumsy external fan solutions to keep these cool. A top side small ASIC heatsink will also be included to further increase thermal efficiency (it will be black not blue). With this setup I've achieved 1.6W/MH all the way up to 800mhz, which is 4.6 MH of hash power for just 7.5 watts! Pretty impressive for a chip thats designed to do 3.8 MH at the same watts.

Check out the pics below!

[/url]

I didn't have time to follow up much, just read up the latest news and it's looking very good, I like the design.
Glad I ordered a batch from AsicPuppy, nice hardware coming home soon.

Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Any insights/experience as to whether something like this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N0VBH63/

could work for powering a _single_ miner?

Per the specs, it should work well even for an high clocked Moonlander.

1.4 Amp rating....

It seems good. Thanks  for the link.

Thanks both. I put in an order for 2. Will report back how it goes, when I get my miners.
Activity: 1
I grabbed 100 Grin Grin so happy I did but you can't buy now and when you can they will be 3x the price

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Per the specs, it should work well even for an high clocked Moonlander.

1.4 Amp rating....

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Go read in the USB Hub link I posted. Sipolar (10 port), Eyeboot (19 port), Block Erupter (49 port)

without special adapters the sipolar 10 hub can fit 6 of these and the eyeboot 8. at 245 for the eyeboot i think its not a good buy.

Sipolar is USB2 (not an issue of itself) and only .6 amps per port rated (DEFINITELY an issue) - not a good option.

The ports on the Block Erupter are too close together to be able to use all of them, it would probably handle 28 Moonlanders though (one every OTHER port on each row) but even then cooling might get a bit iffy without a substantial fan blowing lots of air into it.

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Go read in the USB Hub link I posted. Sipolar (10 port), Eyeboot (19 port), Block Erupter (49 port)

without special adapters the sipolar 10 hub can fit 6 of these and the eyeboot 8. at 245 for the eyeboot i think its not a good buy.

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
Activity: 45
Ok well I have more than most ill put it that way but is there any cheapish big usb hub like 50+ per one
Pages:
Jump to: