Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] GME | GameCoin - Unofficial fork and Windows QT Client. - page 12. (Read 23823 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 502
Well our original plan was to fork at 20060 but we'll probably hit that in a few hours. How about we carry on to the proper difficulty adjustment at block 20160 and at that point we implement your new difficulty algorithm. Do you think you can be ready to go in 2 days jayo89?
So what is the point of this coin?

What is the point of any alt coin? When it comes down to it they're all pretty much the same as each other. I'm not going to give you the regular BS about how amazing the coin is like you'll get from any of the shills in any alt coin thread on this forum.

With a name like GameCoin I think the most obvious use would be on gaming sites of which there are currently 2 at the moment:

http://alt-co.in/slots.php
http://cryptoblackjack.kicks-ass.net

Perhaps with a name like GameCoin it could also be used for selling games online, who knows? As long as people support and develop for a coin it has a use and in turn a value associated with it.

I may personally develop a Payment API for it so that people can easily accept payment for products on their Web Sites.

What can I say, we few who are mining it whilst everyone else have abandoned it believe there may still be a future for GameCoin. We may be wrong but sometimes you just need to take a stand.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
Looking at the pool stats we may not even need a new fork. We should hit block 20160 it 2 days if we keep it up. Then we can have the next 2160 blocks at low difficulty and keep it under out hats seeing as there is very little interest right now.  Wink

Although in saying that a better difficulty adjustment algorithm would prevent this happening again in future. The 2016 block difficulty adjust seems to be the kiss of death for too many a coin these days.

The fact that so many coins have identical difficulty adjusts is a symptom of the problem...lazy developers who aren't developing, just cloning litecoin and hoping to cash in.

I'll Hold off for now on the form and see how things progress past the mark, because it looks like that's what everyone wants (feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken).
Though I do agree a difficulty algorithm adjustment would keep the coin stable and prevent this issue in the future, even at exceptionally low hashrates.

Though I've picked up development, I still consider this a community coin so majority essentially rules as far as what stuff I do/don't implement.

The problem is... if the adjustment is not made... who is to say this does not get raped like all the other coins driving up the dif again and we repeat this?

Dont get me wrong I back this coin from launch.... but I dont think I have it in me to see the dif jump again only to be left again where we are. Of course that might change when I get a card that can hash next week but stilll....
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
Looking at the pool stats we may not even need a new fork. We should hit block 20160 it 2 days if we keep it up. Then we can have the next 2160 blocks at low difficulty and keep it under out hats seeing as there is very little interest right now.  Wink

Although in saying that a better difficulty adjustment algorithm would prevent this happening again in future. The 2016 block difficulty adjust seems to be the kiss of death for too many a coin these days.

The fact that so many coins have identical difficulty adjusts is a symptom of the problem...lazy developers who aren't developing, just cloning litecoin and hoping to cash in.

I'll Hold off for now on the form and see how things progress past the mark, because it looks like that's what everyone wants (feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken).
Though I do agree a difficulty algorithm adjustment would keep the coin stable and prevent this issue in the future, even at exceptionally low hashrates.

Though I've picked up development, I still consider this a community coin so majority essentially rules as far as what stuff I do/don't implement.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
So what is the point of this coin?

Activity: 84
ok cool thanks for the quick response.
Thank you for the pool, now I just gotta see if it is worth it or not. The payments seem quite small for around 800 Kh/s considering The amount of blocks I have found solo already. Or is this like PPLNS which builds up over time?

builds up.

The goal right now is push this to the mark as fast as possible... after that you can go you merry way on solo mining. We just gotta stick together right now and get it done.
Activity: 84
Thank you for the pool, now I just gotta see if it is worth it or not. The payments seem quite small for around 800 Kh/s considering The amount of blocks I have found solo already. Or is this like PPLNS which builds up over time?
Added some share size optimization info to get the best results out of your devices.
hu?

Edited my post above.

Share optimization for your hash rate:
Hash Rate (KH/s)             Difficulty
             1                  +0.00000116
             5                  +0.00000582
            10                  +0.00001164
            50                  +0.00005821
            100                +0.00011641
            250                +0.00029103
            500                +0.00058207
            750                +0.00087310
            1000               +0.00116414
            1600               +0.001862624

For example if you have a device which outputs 100 khash/s you can add your Username as:
Code:
GME_Address_Here+0.00011641
Added some share size optimization info to get the best results out of your devices.
hu?

Cheesy you're welcome!

o and offcourse the blockexplorer in case u didn't know already..

http://gme.p2pool.nl

Your a god for today . BTW troubles with cpu mining. Yes... I mine with CPUs I take every spare khash I can right now.
I used ScryptMiner, minerd, and even the wallet.
I keep getting [2013-05-26 18:16:16] HTTP request failed: Couldn't resolve host 'gme.p2pool.nl:8500 '
legendary
Activity: 934
Merit: 1000
Cheesy you're welcome!

o and offcourse the blockexplorer in case u didn't know already..

http://gme.p2pool.nl

That bot sure does like to hump.  Grin
Great news everyone. We have a p2pool courtesy of tyrion70. Grin

Feel free to point your miners at:

Host: gme.p2pool.nl
Port: 8500
Username: Your GME Address
Password: Anything you like

Stats Page: http://gme.p2pool.nl/stats/

All hail tyrion70Cool

im gonna hump your leg.....

or this will do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=berLBj5EoiA&list=PLDEE7BCD46BC73838&index=1
Great news everyone. We have a p2pool courtesy of tyrion70. Grin

Feel free to point your miners at:

Host: gme.p2pool.nl
Port: 8500
Username: Your GME Address
Password: Anything you like

Stats Page: http://gme.p2pool.nl/stats/

Share optimization for your hash rate:
Hash Rate (KH/s)             Difficulty
             1                  +0.00000116
             5                  +0.00000582
            10                  +0.00001164
            50                  +0.00005821
            100                +0.00011641
            250                +0.00029103
            500                +0.00058207
            750                +0.00087310
            1000               +0.00116414
            1600               +0.001862624

For example if you have a device which outputs 100 khash/s you can add your Username as:
Code:
GME_Address_Here+0.00011641

All hail tyrion70.  Cool

Just ignore the syncing message, it's merely detecting a larger (wrong) blockchain but your client won't attempt to download it because it has checkpoints. You can mine with it even if it's displaying syncing as long as you have 20,011 blocks (currently)
Oh ok, I thought they wouldn't be valid once the blockchain synced. (normally the miner does a work restart when a new block is find, no?)

No wont lose anything unless you dont backup your wallet when the thing gets fixed.

All you will need to do is copy your wallet.dat file in your %appdata% folder. Heck you can even keep and BU the gamecoin.conf file too so you dont have to redo it.

PS all it really is are people (all it takes is one person really ) that does not have the last update to toss everything out of wack. That is why you see it sync and then it connects to someone without the update which sends it back to trying to dl that bad part.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Oh ok, I thought they wouldn't be valid once the blockchain synced. (normally the miner does a work restart when a new block is find, no?)
If I find a block, will it not be rejected?

No everyone is solo mining this and unless you find one that is already found it should not. I dont know the specs on how this works but if you did the last update with the current checkpoints you should be alright
Pages:
Jump to: