Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] GME | GameCoin - Unofficial fork and Windows QT Client. - page 9. (Read 23820 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Client keeps having problems syncing.. Last block generated 11 hours ago.. Does someone have a node?
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
Maybe you could look at the last 2 commits on Mincoin for point of reference on getting a new algorithm to kick in after a specific block:

https://github.com/SandyCohen/mincoin/commits/master
Thanks, I'll take a look later on when I'm free.  so we were thinking have it kick in at next difficulty adjust?  That would also give people a bit of wiggle room as far as when they upgrade.

Anywhere at or before is good. As long as people have time to update their clients and daemons well in advance of the change it should be fine.

It's probably a good idea to also add a few more checkpoints in your next fork, just to solidify this blockchain further
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
Maybe you could look at the last 2 commits on Mincoin for point of reference on getting a new algorithm to kick in after a specific block:

Thanks, I'll take a look later on when I'm free.  so we were thinking have it kick in at next difficulty adjust?  That would also give people a bit of wiggle room as far as when they upgrade.

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
AMAZING work ladies and gents!  So now the big question:  Do you guys want me to implement to new difficulty algorithm, or should we just let it ride for now and see how things go?  I'm fine with whichever.

A better difficulty algorithm would be nice. Would also set the coin apart from other coins.
Activity: 224
AMAZING work ladies and gents!  So now the big question:  Do you guys want me to implement to new difficulty algorithm, or should we just let it ride for now and see how things go?  I'm fine with whichever.

What will the implications of the fork be? Just faster diff reset?
I think we need to implement the new algorithm ASAP. I'm sure you can code the new algorithm to come into force at a specific block number and we can all download the new client and just carry on seamlessly. As long as the block number you choose is before the next natural readjust and all interested parties have time to update their clients we should be all good.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
DO the fork. Much better now than waiting around and wishing we had done it sooner. We need the syncing issue fixed anyways.
Whoah, hold on now, instead of creating a new failed coin, you decided to revive one? Did we run out of names???
ironically enough, I actually decided to adopt this abandoned coin because of the name.  So basically, yeah.
Activity: 182
fml
Whoah, hold on now, instead of creating a new failed coin, you decided to revive one? Did we run out of names???
Great job guys, it's been a long hard slog but I see we're finally over the line. We just need to agree on a set point for jayo89's new fork to come into play and then all stop mining at (or before) that point to avoid being caught on the wrong side of it.

How about we all pause our mining efforts at block 20500 which is currently 269 blocks away? That should hopefully give everyone enough time to read this.

Agreed, I am ready for it!

Thats what she said!
I think sooner than later.... IMO... not everyone will stop. Some will miss it anyways... might as well get it done now.
legendary
Activity: 934
Merit: 1000
Great job guys, it's been a long hard slog but I see we're finally over the line. We just need to agree on a set point for jayo89's new fork to come into play and then all stop mining at that point to avoid being caught on the wrong side of it.

Guys, as long as you keep mining on the pool, the pool needs to have updated software.. Please give me some time in advance to update my clients and restart the pool, worst case ppl not mining on the pool get invalid blocks.. Also i'd think it wise to release a second update a few days later with an updated checkpoint.

Cheers and good work!
Great job guys, it's been a long hard slog but I see we're finally over the line. We just need to agree on a set point for jayo89's new fork to come into play and then all stop mining at (or before) that point to avoid being caught on the wrong side of it.

How about we all pause our mining efforts at block 20500 which is currently 269 blocks away? That should hopefully give everyone enough time to read this.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
New difficulty is 0.25, down from 1.
legendary
Activity: 934
Merit: 1000
I really hope stevenlam or that other guy don't come destroying the new diff.. After all our hard work

O you know they will just because now shuddap about this and bumping it onto the first page lol
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I really hope stevenlam or that other guy don't come destroying the new diff.. After all our hard work
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Count em down'
10 to go
Pages:
Jump to: