Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] HAM - HamRadioCoin - SHA 256 - Crypto on the radio! Official Thread - page 2. (Read 71678 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84
Did you ever think of building in a marketplace where people can buy and sell ham gear maybe even in the wallet.
You can use smart contracts and actually give ham operators a real reason to get involved.

I have thought of a lot of things, but alas no one on here seems to want to help.

Re your smart contracts suggestion do you mean implementing our own code for it or simply integrating something like BAY into the wallet ?

I dont think bay, but maybe eth or lisk or waves. Im sure some of those are offering smart contracts.
The good thing about a marketplace and amateur radio operators is the ability to get rare items listed and if it's indexed with google then when someone searches hygain galaxy550a you'll show up and if they want to buy it they'll need to buy HAM in order to get that rare item they've been looking for for years.

Perhaps some sort of arrangement could be worked out with eHam (http://www.eham.net/) They move a lot of gear in their forums and are well respected by the community. I have purchased several items there and it would seem that they may support the coin since they facilitate buying and selling of equipment.

Just a thought, there are others as well...

PS: A table at HamVention in Dayton Ohio in May would open a LOT of doors!

HAM is evolving and will become HAM v2 and will be a POW/POS hybrid wallet

It will involve a brand new wallet and code that will require a coin swap
It will have a premine of 7010000 which is close to the current HAM money supply and will be used for the coin swap.

At present I am inclined to do the following

Algo = SHA256 ( would like x13 though personally )

POW Reward = 2 HAMv2
POW Block time = 4 mins

POS Reward = 1 HAMv2
POS Block time = 2 mins

The above specs are not set in stone and can be changed so if you feel its wrong or would like to make argument for change please do so within the next 48 hours.

You now have 3 choices the way I see it:

A/ Sell your HAM
B/ Buy HAM
C/ Hold what you have and swap ( when applicable )

I am still hoping some of you will want to join in and help the HAM team and keep this coin going

Thanks
Crunck

Welcome back! Glad to see the ship once again has a captain. What your proposing sounds and I, for one, will hold and swap hoping for a brighter future for HamRadioCoin.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Hello?

I am waiting dev.

Have you tried sending a PM to "hamhrc"?

Nope. If he cant get in touch with me after seeing my post then im not going to be bothered to chase after him.
Hello?

I am waiting dev.

Have you tried sending a PM to "hamhrc"?
legendary
Hello?

I am waiting dev.
legendary
Dev. Im willing to work with you to help get hamcoin where it needs to be. send me a private message if you want to partner up and try to make something real special happen here.
legendary
Activity: 1572
Merit: 1002
Dev, please update op.
multifaucet.tk is closed. HAM explorer/faucet moved to http://cryptoguru.tk/index.php?Currency=HAM
Thanks.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
does anyone have a link to the source? seems their github was removed...

Theres a version 1 repo here: https://github.com/jphustman/HAM

I dont but why the hell would they do that?

Figures. A project with real world use possibilities where we could have made some valuable contributions to the industry, and, Ham Radio bites the dust. People have no sense of commitment anymore. This was moving in the right direction, had promise and could have been adopted by the whole community but, as seems to be the case here, just another good idea gone by the wayside...

Its not totally true. Ham radio is a very small part of the world. Not too many ham operators are still around and most of them don't care about crypto.
I'll still watch this thread and see if anything comes from it.

Well, I don't agree. There are plenty of Hams and if they hear about this project, most would be interested if only in the technology. I've been a Ham for years and membership in our local clubs is up with many young folks joining and taking the test. Anyway, hope it doesn't die out for good, lots of cool tech...

PS: did you know there is a Ham station on the International Space Station? If you are a Ham, you can talk to the astronauts on 146.800 MHz?

legendary

Figures. A project with real world use possibilities where we could have made some valuable contributions to the industry, and, Ham Radio bites the dust. People have no sense of commitment anymore. This was moving in the right direction, had promise and could have been adopted by the whole community but, as seems to be the case here, just another good idea gone by the wayside...

Its not totally true. Ham radio is a very small part of the world. Not too many ham operators are still around and most of them don't care about crypto.
I'll still watch this thread and see if anything comes from it.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Hi,

We've added HAM to the miners multipool: www.zpool.ca

Cheers!

legendary

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
legendary
Did you ever think of building in a marketplace where people can buy and sell ham gear maybe even in the wallet.
You can use smart contracts and actually give ham operators a real reason to get involved.

I have thought of a lot of things, but alas no one on here seems to want to help.

Re your smart contracts suggestion do you mean implementing our own code for it or simply integrating something like BAY into the wallet ?

I dont think bay, but maybe eth or lisk or waves. Im sure some of those are offering smart contracts.
The good thing about a marketplace and amateur radio operators is the ability to get rare items listed and if it's indexed with google then when someone searches hygain galaxy550a you'll show up and if they want to buy it they'll need to buy HAM in order to get that rare item they've been looking for for years.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
crunck

legendary
legendary
crunck

HAM is evolving and will become HAM v2 and will be a POW/POS hybrid wallet

It will involve a brand new wallet and code that will require a coin swap
It will have a premine of 7010000 which is close to the current HAM money supply and will be used for the coin swap.

At present I am inclined to do the following

Algo = SHA256 ( would like x13 though personally )

POW Reward = 2 HAMv2
POW Block time = 4 mins

POS Reward = 1 HAMv2
POS Block time = 2 mins

The above specs are not set in stone and can be changed so if you feel its wrong or would like to make argument for change please do so within the next 48 hours.

You now have 3 choices the way I see it:

A/ Sell your HAM
B/ Buy HAM
C/ Hold what you have and swap ( when applicable )

I am still hoping some of you will want to join in and help the HAM team and keep this coin going

Thanks
Crunck
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001
Is this 'Crunck' takeover still actual? Looks like Crunck disappeared from the forum... Has anyone contacted him recently?

So, last message in this forum was 31 March, nothing since. Is that it? No more HamRadioCoin development? Whats the current status?

Looks like Crunck Bailed. So it has no devs at all.  So it's a ghost ship!

Crunck always bail...but watch he come back yet agin but not with crunck name like allways he make new name with bitcontalkbag of bought name...he will be here allready...he is the dog penny chaser

Really dude !

there is no such thing as patience at bitcointalk.0rg ...  Roll Eyes  WB crunck   Wink
legendary
crunck
Is this 'Crunck' takeover still actual? Looks like Crunck disappeared from the forum... Has anyone contacted him recently?

So, last message in this forum was 31 March, nothing since. Is that it? No more HamRadioCoin development? Whats the current status?

Looks like Crunck Bailed. So it has no devs at all.  So it's a ghost ship!

Crunck always bail...but watch he come back yet agin but not with crunck name like allways he make new name with bitcontalkbag of bought name...he will be here allready...he is the dog penny chaser

Really dude !
Pages:
Jump to: