Author

Topic: [ANN] INTENSE COIN - Blockchain backed decentralized VPN - Hybrid PoW - page 139. (Read 235822 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Crazy how many miners have jumped into all the intensecoin pools in the last 24 hrs!   Wow ,  I was in a pool with 12 people that i got into yesterday after leaving a pool with 600.... i check in today.... 745 miners!!!!  wtf.  My payout in 24 hrs was like 1/3 of yesterday! 
Smart people thats why mate, Intense Coin is big, ITNS rocks, is my baby coin  Grin
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
The concept of VPN king MYST Biao rises in prices boomed today, has already started toward the moon, so what time this coin can go beyond it. Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Crazy how many miners have jumped into all the intensecoin pools in the last 24 hrs!   Wow ,  I was in a pool with 12 people that i got into yesterday after leaving a pool with 600.... i check in today.... 745 miners!!!!  wtf.  My payout in 24 hrs was like 1/3 of yesterday! 

I think some other major pool had some trouble and people jumped to intense as alternative.

But yep, my payout has heavily reduced too.
Activity: 154
So am I right that there's no mnemonic seed as a backup option for ITNS? I was gonna print a paper wallet with the seedwords for all my wallets. Hoped to put ITNS on it.  Sad

Yep, you need to backup the file it seems. There's no direct output/ access for the private key in any form. Certainly something the developers should improve.
Activity: 105
So am I right that there's no mnemonic seed as a backup option for ITNS? I was gonna print a paper wallet with the seedwords for all my wallets. Hoped to put ITNS on it.  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014
I'll be waiting for the distribution of the signature campaign, some generous people will sell at any price. Grin
Same. Smiley Not much of a HODLer myself, but this is basically a no-brainer, up to 200k ITNS hit the (small) market within a day or two, just gotta figure out where the bottom is and get some of those cheap coins.
Activity: 541
Merit: 250
The project of VPN is more and more popular and has a great market.
Activity: 132
I for one haven't tried the other Intense pools. I always mined in the dev's pool. http://intensecoin.com/pool/
I like that it has a big portion of the network hash rate, which means it always find blocks and the payouts are consistent. I know many Intense pools are being setup right now so you may also want to check those.
Activity: 1
Heya guys, been lurking for some time, but finally time to start writing I guess Smiley

The project looks quite good and I am willing to put some hashes in it, plus the price of the coin seems to have a great potential to rise quite a bit once in a few other exchanges, hoping for news on this soon

On to the point - been mining the coin for couple of days in official pool and switched today to hashvault but seem to have some stability issues and the interface switch today also bugged me up a bit, can anyone recommend a decent populated EU pool, I have about 4-7KH to put in good use.
Activity: 263
Merit: 12
HODL! If it isn't a grudge...
Almost every coin uses a .wallet file.  It really has nothing to do with the algorithm. 
Not true, most coins use wallet.dat files. It's only CryptoNote coins that use .wallet files. Not that much of a difference, but still enough to confuse some users.
It is kind of confusing I think.

I had an old bitcoin wallet and was stupid enough to only backup the *.wallet file, later to learn that it was useless without wallet.dat. Stupid me  Undecided

In the case of SUMOkoin I still cannot find any wallet.dat or "filename".wallet for that matter.. The current GUIwallet does include a passphrase to be able to load. But I loaded it up with my mnemonic seed initially.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014
Almost every coin uses a .wallet file.  It really has nothing to do with the algorithm. 
Not true, most coins use wallet.dat files. It's only CryptoNote coins that use .wallet files. Not that much of a difference, but still enough to confuse some users.
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
One small question: To make a backup of my wallet I would normally save the wallet.dat but it seems to be different with this coin?

When I "backup wallet" from the GUI wallet it saves one "filename".wallet file. Is this simply due to a somewhat different design than other coins?
Intense is a CryptoNote coin, similar to Monero, Bytecoin, Electroneum etc. They all work with .wallet files, that's the one you normally back up. I'm not sure why the backup feature makes smaller .wallet files though, interested in this as well.
Oh. Well that makes sense!

I have been mining a bit of SUMOKOIN and Electroneum as well but haven't been able to make actual file backup of wallet. Paper-wallet for ETN and mnemonic seed for SUMO. I didn't know that wallet files for CryptoNight differed in that way. thx for the info :-)

Almost every coin uses a .wallet file.  It really has nothing to do with the algorithm.  ETN is kind of weird in the sense that they didn't really come out publically with a wallet (but there is one on their github that works).  In the case of Sumokoin it sounds like you might be using https://wallet.sumokoin.com/ instead of the wallet installed on your computer.
it seems that hashvault just went nanopool style theme. Old pool is available here: https://oldintense.hashvault.pro/

I will reconfigure my miners to the new one ASAP :-)

Stupid question... how do you do this?

What is this "worker_id" (MinerIdentifier) they require now (usually I left the password field empty)
instead of -p x in your *.bat file. replace the x with "anynameofminer:[email protected]" ;-)

EDIT: this way you can tell your miners status from each other. And get notifications on email if a miner stops hashing. plus you can determine payout threshhold

Ah... I see. So it's something I just randomly can choose myself. I thought I have to register on the pool website now to get some kind of account. This was a bit confusing (the account registration form itself wasn't really helping either Wink

Thanks for clearing it up!
Glad to be of help. Was as confused myself when I did it the first time a couple of days back. And yes you can pick whatever name you want for your miners. I actually don't even think you need to provide a real email address. As long as it fits the format of an email address and as long as you can remember, it for it is your password in order to view your stats and change your settings.
it seems that hashvault just went nanopool style theme. Old pool is available here: https://oldintense.hashvault.pro/

What is this "worker_id" (MinerIdentifier) they require now (usually I left the password field empty)
instead of -p x in your *.bat file. replace the x with "anynameofminer:[email protected]" ;-)

EDIT: this way you can tell your miners status from each other. And get notifications on email if a miner stops hashing. plus you can determine payout threshhold

Ah... I see. So it's something I just randomly can choose myself. I thought I have to register on the pool website now to get some kind of account. This was a bit confusing (the account registration form itself wasn't really helping either Wink

Thanks for clearing it up!

EDIT: this way you can tell your miners status from each other. And get notifications on email if a miner stops hashing. plus you can determine payout threshold

Example:
Code:
xmrig  -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://pool.intense.hashvault.pro:3333 -u "your-ITNS-address" -p "nameofworker":"youremail" -t 6 --donate-level=1 --cpu-priority 3

What would be the best CPU miner for intel and intense out there?

Im also using GPU so don't say anything about not using cpu....it's 1.8 khs lying around doing nothing
For CPU mining there's xmr-stak and claymore's miner. There are some others, but I think these two are the best. Try both, they don't really take too much time to set up. In my experience they're usually quite close in terms of hashrate, but this might depend on the CPU you're using.

Thank you very much Cheesy I already tried the xmr-stak but forgot about claymore :facepalm:  not really new to this.

For the other post as well ...the ones above Cheesy
Is claymore working faster for you? I was under the impression that xmr-stak and xmrig were the fastest for CPU. But must admit that I haven't tried claymore yet. Should I maybe make the shift Huh
Activity: 64
What would be the best CPU miner for intel and intense out there?

Im also using GPU so don't say anything about not using cpu....it's 1.8 khs lying around doing nothing
For CPU mining there's xmr-stak and claymore's miner. There are some others, but I think these two are the best. Try both, they don't really take too much time to set up. In my experience they're usually quite close in terms of hashrate, but this might depend on the CPU you're using.

Thank you very much Cheesy I already tried the xmr-stak but forgot about claymore :facepalm:  not really new to this.

For the other post as well ...the ones above Cheesy

Jump to: