Author

Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto - page 121. (Read 149780 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk
Can anyone explain what happens when no blocks are found for 60 minutes? for example, right now, block 8288 was found @ 2017-09-18 16:12:43, current time is 17:22.  is there some kind of maintenance being performed? i feel like i'm missing something.

Sounds like something is broken, block should've been found by now with this much net hash and difficulty.

but what could be broken?  with the decentralized nature, what single component could fail to cause it to stall?  no nodes online?

what do i have to do to set up a node?

Shit code, that we all run to have it decentralized by nature

Weirdly enough, AEON, another low activity coin, has been stalled for the last 40 minutes.  

https://aeon-pool.com/

edit: 30 mintues

I'm seeing that the last block was found 4 hours ago. i'm not really sure what that means for my miner that's been running all day. does that mean i'm just wasting electricity?
Yes that's exactly what it means.
Activity: 275
Merit: 100
Data Collecting Textile Circuitry
Can anyone explain what happens when no blocks are found for 60 minutes? for example, right now, block 8288 was found @ 2017-09-18 16:12:43, current time is 17:22.  is there some kind of maintenance being performed? i feel like i'm missing something.

Sounds like something is broken, block should've been found by now with this much net hash and difficulty.

but what could be broken?  with the decentralized nature, what single component could fail to cause it to stall?  no nodes online?

Weirdly enough, AEON, another low activity coin, has been stalled for the last 40 minutes.  

I'm seeing that the last block was found 4 hours ago. i'm not really sure what that means for my miner that's been running all day. does that mean i'm just wasting electricity?
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

Can anyone explain what happens when no blocks are found for 60 minutes? for example, right now, block 8288 was found @ 2017-09-18 16:12:43, current time is 17:22.  is there some kind of maintenance being performed? i feel like i'm missing something.

but what could be broken?  with the decentralized nature, what single component could fail to cause it to stall?  no nodes online?

Can anyone explain what happens when no blocks are found for 60 minutes? for example, right now, block 8288 was found @ 2017-09-18 16:12:43, current time is 17:22.  is there some kind of maintenance being performed? i feel like i'm missing something.

but what could be broken?  with the decentralized nature, what single component could fail to cause it to stall?  no nodes online?

Activity: 46
Merit: 4
yeah, it's like more than an hour already by the time I write this that no blocks are found...

Activity: 71
An authentic source of motivation the ultimate reflection of determination.BEST WISHES FOR IRIDIUM.
I really like binary options, it's amazing that you guys are the first BTC based, I'll be watching this project! Can US residents participate in this project? It's a boring but pertinent question, given the facts that have been happening.

No ICO, no need to worry about the SEC.

If you want some, mine it.
Activity: 140
Want to start subreddit for IRD, there is already with name Iridium for some browser, suggest some name, will IridiumCrypto or IridiumCoin will work?
If Dev can setup i would recommend dev to create that.

The name i'd like for a subreddit would be "Iridium Project" or something along those lines, matching our twitter. You can go ahead and make it if you'd like Wink
If you don't want to make, I will be happy to if no one else fills the role.

I really like binary options, it's amazing that you guys are the first BTC based, I'll be watching this project! Can US residents participate in this project? It's a boring but pertinent question, given the facts that have been happening.

Haha, I have no clue what you're on about :p

Activity: 198
I made a mining video for Nvidia GPUs for Iridium and for anyone having issues mining, [Suspicious link removed] has worked perfect for me. Miner77 and GlobalPool have had some issues as of late.

Hope you guys enjoy the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-zXnuykots

Thanks! Everything is good. Voice is so involved in a process of filming. ^_^
Copied your link to Russian forum.

Glad you liked it m8! Tongue

EDIT: @Speedie - Try CCMiner ccminer.org - ccminer 2.2 is best and works great with Linux
For those of you running Linux GPU rigs, what are you using as mining software? I'm using SimpleMining so my choices are restricted to:

XMR-AMD-STAK: This throws errors when I try to connect it to Mine77, something about invalid difficulty target.
Claymore 9.1: Refuses to mine anything that's not on its list of coins (XMR etc) which is too bad as it's the quickest for Cryptonite. No update for Linux, won't take the allcoins parameter.
SG-Miner: Works, not as quick as either of the others, seems to restart several times every hour.

Really wish there was a workaround for Claymore.

Give the open source ccminer 2.2.1 a try
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
For those of you running Linux GPU rigs, what are you using as mining software? I'm using SimpleMining so my choices are restricted to:

XMR-AMD-STAK: This throws errors when I try to connect it to Mine77, something about invalid difficulty target.
Claymore 9.1: Refuses to mine anything that's not on its list of coins (XMR etc) which is too bad as it's the quickest for Cryptonite. No update for Linux, won't take the allcoins parameter.
SG-Miner: Works, not as quick as either of the others, seems to restart several times every hour.

Really wish there was a workaround for Claymore.
Activity: 196
I really like binary options,

Umm, what? Binary options? Do you think this is a gambling website or something?

it's amazing that you guys are the first BTC based, I'll be watching this project!

First BTC based what? This is a new cryptocurrency not based on BTC or anything else.

You will be watching the project? Not likely considering you don't know the first thing about it when posting such nonsense to begin with.

Can US residents participate in this project?

Why wouldn't they be able to participate? It's a mine-able cryptocurrency, anyone can download the wallet and start mining to accumulate some.

It's a boring but pertinent question, given the facts that have been happening.

What's a boring and pertinent question, the US residents part? Again you seem to not have any idea whatsoever of the thread you are posting in.

You are a text book example of why signature campaigns can bring out the worse type of people and I, and I hope others, report your post to not only your signature campaign manager but also to the moderators.

Just to take up space. Arguing with a drunk idiot.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
I really like binary options,

Umm, what? Binary options? Do you think this is a gambling website or something?

it's amazing that you guys are the first BTC based, I'll be watching this project!

First BTC based what? This is a new cryptocurrency not based on BTC or anything else.

You will be watching the project? Not likely considering you don't know the first thing about it when posting such nonsense to begin with.

Can US residents participate in this project?

Why wouldn't they be able to participate? It's a mine-able cryptocurrency, anyone can download the wallet and start mining to accumulate some.

It's a boring but pertinent question, given the facts that have been happening.

What's a boring and pertinent question, the US residents part? Again you seem to not have any idea whatsoever of the thread you are posting in.

You are a text book example of why signature campaigns can bring out the worse type of people and I, and I hope others, report your post to not only your signature campaign manager but also to the moderators.
Activity: 785
Merit: 502
irdpool .tk has dropped the fee to 0.4% (0.1% below the planned fee on mine77) in response to critically low hashrates. This isn't free unlike the other pools. Based on the last several pages I'd like to claim that irdpool .tk has had the greatest uptime record with the least issues of all pools.

The only reason I have to ask miners to mine on irdpool .tk despite the fee is that decentralization is important. The block stoppage we had a few days ago would have been less severe if my pool had enough hashrate to pick up the slack without waiting for a significant difficulty drop. I promoted others to start pools so the hashrate could decentralized, unfortunately this has caused re-centralization somewhere else. Currently more than 51% of the hashrate is on a pool that split onto it's own chain a few days ago.

Good idea sending some machines your way now.
Activity: 785
Merit: 502
I made a mining video for Nvidia GPUs for Iridium and for anyone having issues mining, [Suspicious link removed] has worked perfect for me. Miner77 and GlobalPool have had some issues as of late.

Damn this video is good great job cryptkeeper you're a natural at the tube.
Activity: 322

Activity: 893
Merit: 135
Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT
Want to start subreddit for IRD, there is already with name Iridium for some browser, suggest some name, will IridiumCrypto or IridiumCoin will work?
If Dev can setup i would recommend dev to create that.
Jump to: