Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto - page 69. (Read 149779 times)

Activity: 361
Merit: 11
Iridium (IRD) dev
There could be an easy solution to the problem of how to keep lots of nodes online in the network.

The new GUI wallet is a full node anyway (not a SPV wallet). What about leaving the Mining tab greyed out, unless the wallet can detect incoming connections?  Grin

People who are mining will keep the wallet and hence the node open for many hours or even 24/7.

Of course someone might eventually modify it and offer his own binaries which do not include this condition. People not willing to run a node while mining would then have to trust a third-party. No rational person would do that, considering that we talk about a wallet. And allowing incoming connections costs literally nothing as long as blocks are so small and monthly traffic isn't metered.

the old one is a full node too...
 currently, we have 3 full nodes (only node, not wallet) running 24/24 7/7 : 2 in USA 1 in France.
LsL
Activity: 140
Merit: 40
Question:

when i started to mine the Ird, dowloaded teh wallet, got the wallet adress, put my rig tio mine...amd gone to sleep

next day seen what the wallet still syncing, didn`t have any payment, after few hours research and trying, wallet started to sync, but got new wallet adress.
is it possible by any way, to get those coins what i mined before into the previous address? pls help guys

any help highly appreciated!
thanks
Activity: 307
Merit: 101
There could be an easy solution to the problem of how to keep lots of nodes online in the network.

The new GUI wallet is a full node anyway (not a SPV wallet). What about leaving the Mining tab greyed out, unless the wallet can detect incoming connections?  Grin

People who are mining will keep the wallet and hence the node open for many hours or even 24/7.

Of course someone might eventually modify it and offer his own binaries which do not include this condition. People not willing to run a node while mining would then have to trust a third-party. No rational person would do that, considering that we talk about a wallet. And allowing incoming connections costs literally nothing as long as blocks are so small and monthly traffic isn't metered.
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
How much is needed to entering the exchange dev? You can share the amount so that people will donate to make this coin can trade, then the coin can be strong  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

When we'll have a solid base for sure devs will put us on exchanges!
Activity: 210
Does anyone give me link to download CLI wallets ?
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
How much is needed to entering the exchange dev? You can share the amount so that people will donate to make this coin can trade, then the coin can be strong  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Iridium (IRD) dev
May be ird.uvac.fr is working but don't paid! On my account there Pending Balance: 960.17173620 IRD.
With Minimum Payment Threshold: 10.000 IRD - look strange.  Sad
I leave from this pool.

I really wish this universal pool software would stick to the global ISO standard, to avoid any confusion. Those "10.000" for most people looks like "ten thousand" as the "." is the official thousands separator (delimiter). Yes, a 10k threshold would be "strange".

But it is wrongly used as a decimal separator and "10.000" supposedly means 10,000 or simply 10. And in case decimals are explicitely mentioned, when they are zero they should be given with only two trailing zeros, therefore 10,00 to avoid that anyone mistakes it for a thousands separator. Or not given at all, hence just 10.

Of course it would be better if everyone sticks to the globally standardized (and much older and widely used) "," as decimal mark and "." as delimiter. But bad habits are hard to change and they were introduced in the IT world as well, so we won't get rid of them anytime soon.

Just ask :-)

A la French...
May be ird.uvac.fr is working but don't paid! On my account there Pending Balance: 960.17173620 IRD.
I leave from this pool.

I really wish this universal pool software would stick to the global ISO standard, to avoid any confusion. Those "10.000" for most people looks like "ten thousand" as the "." is the official thousands separator (delimiter). Yes, a 10k threshold would be "strange".

But it is wrongly used as a decimal separator and "10.000" supposedly means 10,000 or simply 10. And in case decimals are explicitely mentioned, when they are zero they should be given with only two trailing zeros, therefore 10,00 to avoid that anyone mistakes it for a thousands separator. Or not given at all, hence just 10.

Of course it would be better if everyone sticks to the globally standardized (and much older and widely used) "," as decimal mark and "." as delimiter. But bad habits are hard to change and they were introduced in the IT world as well, so we won't get rid of them anytime soon.
Iridium (IRD) dev
https://ird.uvac.fr will not stop too !

I leave from this pool.
Before pulling the alarm, just look at the paiements : https://ird.uvac.fr/#payments.
If it's stuck, that's because sometimes something goes wrong and the dev have to understand what's happen and try to repair...

There is also a contact page : https://ird.uvac.fr/#support with a mail... this is supposed to ask someone something related to the site and supposed to be answered. Actually, this link arrive directly in my mails. so next time, send me a message and tell me what's wrong, I surely will find a solution.

your paiement should arrive now.
Iridium (IRD) dev
same for me
Why are payments no longer being made?  Huh

May be some technical error. Before 2:55:15 07/12 I saw transfers. Let's wait!

ok ! thank you for pointing that. repairing... and... payments are back.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
same for me

May be some technical error. Before 2:55:15 07/12 I saw transfers. Let's wait!
Activity: 22
I am using mine77.net to mine . I never had issue.

Any one have idea when it will get listed to xchange?
Activity: 4
SEND
ETC    1.08286723   0.01000000   Complete   
0x904b66440fe83c1a403390906bdb81a3b4f36ef2beafe68e782c0013a3212eae         0xdE6F07D544d73f11590F9570D140E5bC9ccba7Aa     7/12/2017 12:09:00 PM
Activity: 4

I leave from this pool.
same for me
Activity: 11

I leave from this pool.
Iridium (IRD) dev
ir3UgNczh3Dc4HaxnsR1DJQVn9pwT9g72bv6ocjASK4C5JEWsV8ZRXfgfP7t2mVAP8Mszx9V3eaiBBR mrzmMS7gY3Af12fRj2

So If you want to donate, it's time !
So I guess this is now the official IRD donation address for the devs.
I'll power up my IRD VM later today and see if the original dev's "Frankenstein" Windows Qt wallet actually works. It certainly works for receiving mining rewards but I've never tried the send function.
Anyone ever used it for sending coins and if yes, which mixin?
BTW, great new design of logos and wallet. Very well done, folks.

It's my personal first address : I use it for testing transactions :-)
Please, don't extract it of the context : I wrote this answer to the guy who wants to know what his coins will happen after the hard fork, so I suggest him to give me his "olds" coin.

When I wrote "So If you want to donate, it's time !" (at the very end of the answer) it's for entering exchange and address are on the first post.

The "old" wallet is available for windows, linux and macOs here : https://github.com/iridiumdev/iridium-gui/releases/tag/v2.0.2 so no need to start a vm. just take the wallet file.

For the mixin, don't expect something above 5. I even don't know if this is implemented : I didn't wrote/adapt it, I just made the 3 OS versions with seeds update.

with the new wallet (on macOS, I test a transaction with a mixin of 10 and... ok, so I a code the default mixin at 5 for privacy starting.

At last : I am very close for the new wallet. Just stuck at the windows version, grrrrrr.... one lib don't want to link while there is no problem on linux and MacOS.

If there his a CMake Guru there, just pm me. I know I'm close...
Iridium (IRD) dev
It's ok. But I need the devs handler help me this transaction, more than 24 hours it still unconfirmed

Code:
Date: -
To: me (ir46FQMQgvFKSoZdcmtQpSJEs7TiYzF5EK73pFFduH8A9SXZfQ3KwiA7gkwda2c3CoSMLYyGoLr9YAYyWfMKaqFR2eCZ8ks3Z)
Amount: 917.20 IRD
Fee: 0.00005 IRD
Transaction hash: 7E37B775AEB41D9F18A2FE0A79917BDB51C2E212CC674C8B1119128D8AD5D066

Is it possible that the tx is too large? I am not sure but it is possible that Iridium has a variable max block size limit. Blocks are typically pretty small currently. When you want to send a large tx from many inputs it could end up being too large (larger than X times the average block size in the past Y blocks) and remain stuck in the mempool. Could be a problem for people who have mined everything into one address. Just a guess. Devs should know better.

Yes, this is the reason. just wait. I know I was currently able to send 500 IRD one time and stuck at 198 just after. but I receive both... later.
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
let's go Iridium! fly to the exchages Smiley
I believe from the beginning on this project!
Activity: 210
It's ok. But I need the devs handler help me this transaction, more than 24 hours it still unconfirmed

Code:
To: me (ir46FQMQgvFKSoZdcmtQpSJEs7TiYzF5EK73pFFduH8A9SXZfQ3KwiA7gkwda2c3CoSMLYyGoLr9YAYyWfMKaqFR2eCZ8ks3Z)
Transaction hash: 7E37B775AEB41D9F18A2FE0A79917BDB51C2E212CC674C8B1119128D8AD5D066

Is it possible that the tx is too large? I am not sure but it is possible that Iridium has a variable max block size limit. Blocks are typically pretty small currently. When you want to send a large tx from many inputs it could end up being too large (larger than X times the average block size in the past Y blocks) and remain stuck in the mempool. Could be a problem for people who have mined everything into one address. Just a guess. Devs should know better.

I will draw experience on this issue, but I think I am allowed to send that limit, so it's probably not a problem.

Code:

Pages:
Jump to: